PDA

View Full Version : Who is happy that character took 2nd place to performance.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 09:28 PM
First Hardy, I know that it's now difused but there were a lot of people here finding him guilty right off the bat, now Lynch. Seems that the Bills are damned if they do and damned if they don't and for some reason or another, there is a huge monkey on the teams back that they can't shake. Bad, GM in Donahoe, riddled with injuries last season, Hargrove, Hardy, Lynch. What next, Edwards added bulk is from steroid use?

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 10:05 PM
I wasn't aware that Lynch had been charged with anything.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Doesn't have to be, you put yourself in a situation like this, however it pans out, it shows lack of judgement. Hence the saying "running with the wrong crowd"

Goobylal
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Or Hardy for that matter.

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 10:08 PM
Doesn't have to be, you put yourself in a situation like this, however it pans out, it shows lack of judgement.
And somehow you're surprised?

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:10 PM
You become who you surround yourself with. Whether he is guilty or not, same with Hardy, or any other person. One needs to be aware of the ramifications of their actions.

streetkings01
06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
You become who you surround yourself with. Whether he is guilty or not, same with Hardy, or any other person. One needs to be aware of the ramifications of their actions.You ever get in trouble with the law before?

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 10:13 PM
You become who you surround yourself with. Whether he is guilty or not, same with Hardy, or any other person. One needs to be aware of the ramifications of their actions.
Again, you're surprised by either of their actions? Most of these guys can barely spell their own name much less differentiate between right and wrong.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:14 PM
And somehow you're surprised?

I'm not surprised. A little disheartened. After last year, I had hoped that this team would have learned from Hargrove who twice messed up. This may be the only instance we hear of Lynch or Hardy in a jam till they retire. But people in the lime light have to be much more aware of how they present themselves.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:18 PM
Again, you're surprised by either of their actions? Most of these guys can barely spell their own name much less differentiate between right and wrong.

That's what I mean about the character and performance. Some players are just great players who have a difficult time away from football.

streetkings01
06-05-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm not surprised. A little disheartened. After last year, I had hoped that this team would have learned from Hargrove who twice messed up. This may be the only instance we hear of Lynch or Hardy in a jam till they retire. But people in the lime light have to be much more aware of how they present themselves.So what about the other millions of people in the world who get into trouble with the law? People do get into trouble you know athlete, actors, politicians, etc... things happen where all human even athletes!

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:20 PM
You ever get in trouble with the law before?

As a high school teenager yes, throwing snowballs, firecrackers, a speeding ticket here and there. To this extent? No.

OpIv37
06-05-2008, 10:21 PM
yeah yeah, and if we had passed on him everyone would have spent all last season saying "we could have had him on our team but this team prefers high character to winning."

It's too bad that it has to be one or the other.

streetkings01
06-05-2008, 10:28 PM
As a high school teenager yes, throwing snowballs, firecrackers, a speeding ticket here and there. To this extent? No.You do know that Lynch is a 22yr old millionaire right? You do know that athletes are human too right? You do know that humans make mistakes right?

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:30 PM
So what about the other millions of people in the world who get into trouble with the law? People do get into trouble you know athlete, actors, politicians, etc... things happen where all human even athletes!

Agree, this may be the only time we hear of an instance with ML involved. My point was how it affects the Bills and the fans. High character equates to not getting in trouble as a whole, High performance will help a team take the next step if they can stay on the field.

People change, but after 2 Hargrove infractions, Hardy in the news and now ML, it's a little tough to swallow right now.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:31 PM
You do know that Lynch is a 22yr old millionaire right? You do know that athletes are human too right? You do know that humans make mistakes right?

No sorry, that all slipped my mind. Thanks for pointing it out.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:34 PM
yeah yeah, and if we had passed on him everyone would have spent all last season saying "we could have had him on our team but this team prefers high character to winning."

It's too bad that it has to be one or the other.

That's where I intended this post to go. Not about being human and making mistakes. We all do, as I said before, its coming off a decent year with so many injuries and now 3 players in the offseason that are in the news and not for good reasons.

X-Era
06-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Doesn't have to be, you put yourself in a situation like this, however it pans out, it shows lack of judgement. Hence the saying "running with the wrong crowd"

You mean that the media, and some fans, can manage to spin any "news" related to a Bills player as bad news and that that player has a bad character? Go figure.

djjimkelly
06-05-2008, 10:44 PM
First Hardy, I know that it's now difused but there were a lot of people here finding him guilty right off the bat, now Lynch. Seems that the Bills are damned if they do and damned if they don't and for some reason or another, there is a huge monkey on the teams back that they can't shake. Bad, GM in Donahoe, riddled with injuries last season, Hargrove, Hardy, Lynch. What next, Edwards added bulk is from steroid use?

bud lol bank on every nfl player adding bulk by steroid use whether the general public wants to hear it or not it is what it is.

i toyed around with alot of steroids when i was younger im single again and hell im considering it again. and i promise u this

NO ONE adds 15 pounds of muscle in 3-6 months without it

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:47 PM
You mean that the media, and some fans, can manage to spin any "news" related to a Bills player as bad news and that that player has a bad character? Go figure.

If it is spin. But this isn't like he was in a fender bender, or got a speeding ticket. This is hit and run. For me, if your innocent you have nothing to fear. You'll get bad press that will be cleared up and your name will be restored with an official apology.

raphael120
06-05-2008, 10:47 PM

You mean "running people over with the wrong crowd".

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:52 PM
bud lol bank on every nfl player adding bulk by steroid use whether the general public wants to hear it or not it is what it is.

i toyed around with alot of steroids when i was younger im single again and hell im considering it again. and i promise u this

NO ONE adds 15 pounds of muscle in 3-6 months without it

OK, bad example, but you know what I mean.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 10:52 PM
You mean "running people over with the wrong crowd".

I stand corrected!

raphael120
06-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Agree, this may be the only time we hear of an instance with ML involved. My point was how it affects the Bills and the fans. High character equates to not getting in trouble as a whole, High performance will help a team take the next step if they can stay on the field.

People change, but after 2 Hargrove infractions, Hardy in the news and now ML, it's a little tough to swallow right now.

Well it's one thing when it's bum Hargrove who is a 3rd string guy who doesn't really do much on the field. But when it's your superstar starting RB and your highly touted #2 WR whom both have direct ties to how well our record is this coming season, it's very disheartening. Thing is, sure people make mistakes...BUT OWN UP TO IT! Don't drive away! It's one thing to accidentally hit someone, but it's completely another to be such a ****ing coward to drive away when you HIT A HUMAN BEING WITH YOUR CAR!

Now I dont know the extent of what happened, if she ran out like an idiot (on purpose??? big pay day to sue???), but if it was all the drivers fault...then that driver, whoever it is, should be man enough to own up to the mistake. Lynch has now had a few days to own up to a mistake he might have made and hasn't said anything. If it's Lynch, I would lose alot of respect for him...he couldve done the right thing after he hit the chic, but he made a wrong situation WORSE by running away from it.

If that chic the car hit was your girlfriend/sister, whatever...wouldn't you be pissed??? No one even checked to see if she was ok, nothin???

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Well it's one thing when it's bum Hargrove who is a 3rd string guy who doesn't really do much on the field. But when it's your superstar starting RB and your highly touted #2 WR whom both have direct ties to how well our record is this coming season, it's very disheartening. Thing is, sure people make mistakes...BUT OWN UP TO IT! Don't drive away! It's one thing to accidentally hit someone, but it's completely another to be such a ****ing coward to drive away when you HIT A HUMAN BEING WITH YOUR CAR!

Now I dont know the extent of what happened, if she ran out like an idiot (on purpose??? big pay day to sue???), but if it was all the drivers fault...then that driver, whoever it is, should be man enough to own up to the mistake. Lynch has now had a few days to own up to a mistake he might have made and hasn't said anything. If it's Lynch, I would lose alot of respect for him...he couldve done the right thing after he hit the chic, but he made a wrong situation WORSE by running away from it.

If that chic the car hit was your girlfriend/sister, whatever...wouldn't you be pissed??? No one even checked to see if she was ok, nothin???

SOMEONE GOT IT!!!!!!!! Now even if she did it on purpose, stop the car and xcour for witnesses not drive off. How did he know she was only slighty injured if that isn't bad enough. Be a stand up guy like you say you want to be on and off the field. What's in question is was he drinking, was he more concerned with the alcohol level than another human. THAT is also a no brainer if you have any sort of charecter.

raphael120
06-05-2008, 11:09 PM
SOMEONE GOT IT!!!!!!!! Now even if she did it on purpose, stop the car and xcour for witnesses not drive off. How did he know she was only slighty injured if that isn't bad enough. Be a stand up guy like you say you want to be on and off the field. What's in question is was he drinking, was he more concerned with the alcohol level than another human. THAT is also a no brainer if you have any sort of charecter.

I think we get back to the one agrument of what would be the harsher punishment?

if he was driving drunk and hit the chic but stayed at the scene....

or if he was driving drunk and hit and ran, but they can only pin the hit and run on you, not the DUI?

I'd be interested to know how harsh the punishment was if the driver stayed at the scene.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 11:09 PM
He ran because he was drunk. Plain and simple.

gr8slayer
06-05-2008, 11:11 PM
He ran because he was drunk. Plain and simple.
Thankfully there is no way you or anyone else can prove that now.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2008, 11:13 PM

Why else would anyone run?

Top 3 reasons to hit and run...

1) Drunk
2) Drugs in car
3) No other reason

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 11:17 PM

Thankfully???? Suppose it was someone close to you that he hit? Would the fact that he was a Buffalo Bills still take precedence?

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Why else would anyone run?

Top 3 reasons to hit and run...

1) Drunk
2) Drugs in car
3) No other reason

4.) Mistress in the car or Master? Eeeww, don't want to think about that one
5.) Adolescent in the car
6.) Had the squirts really bad
7.) Mighty Taco was closing
8.) Not the first time this has happened

raphael120
06-05-2008, 11:24 PM

9.) Hitting a Canadian chic was 5000 bonus points.

LABillsFan
06-05-2008, 11:27 PM
9.) Hitting a Canadian chic was 5000 bonus points.

10) Thought he was in Grand Theft Auto and could have sworn she was going to shoot him and take his car.

raphael120
06-05-2008, 11:29 PM
10) Thought he was in Grand Theft Auto and though she was going to shoot him

Those damn video games...bad influences...i remember I played Madden way too much and I caught a 80 yard touchdown pass in public. I couldn't help myself...its the video games fault.

raphael120
06-05-2008, 11:30 PM

BTW...wouldn't #6 happen BECAUSE OF #7???

patmoran2006
06-06-2008, 09:46 AM
You do know that Lynch is a 22yr old millionaire right? You do know that athletes are human too right? You do know that humans make mistakes right?
Making a mistake is acceptable.

Getting behind a wheel after having a few too many is a mistake. Bouncing a check by accident is a mistake... Getting into an altercation at a bar could be a mistake... Some of those things are unfortunate, but they do happen.

Hitting someone with your car, I dont care if the person is killed, injured badly or just shaken up-- and fleeing the scene without regard for human life.. Is not a mistake.. It's ****ing REPULSIVE..

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
I am happy. I could care less about character. Of course I don't want them going to jail but talent is what is needed to win.

Tatonka
06-06-2008, 10:28 AM
funny thing is that he was probably going like 5 miles an hour when he "hit" this lady.. i mean the lady has no injuries.. how hard did he really hit her..

whatever.. i am fine with the people we have added.. lynch, hardy.. i dont care.

if the lady was hurt.. that is one thing.. if the lady was just bumped and clearly wasnt hurt.. which was the case here.. it is not like he left her dying in the street..

again.. this is all assuming he was actually driving.. which is still not even remotely a fact at this point.

DraftBoy
06-06-2008, 10:31 AM
funny thing is that he was probably going like 5 miles an hour when he "hit" this lady.. i mean the lady has no injuries.. how hard did he really hit her..

whatever.. i am fine with the people we have added.. lynch, hardy.. i dont care.

if the lady was hurt.. that is one thing.. if the lady was just bumped and clearly wasnt hurt.. which was the case here.. it is not like he left her dying in the street..

again.. this is all assuming he was actually driving.. which is still not even remotely a fact at this point.

Brandishing Guns, Hitting People and Driving Away...as long as they put on a Bills uniform every Sunday all is ignored...

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Brandishing Guns, Hitting People and Driving Away...as long as they put on a Bills uniform every Sunday all is ignored...
Yes I agree with this. I am sick of losing.

DraftBoy
06-06-2008, 10:41 AM

That is fine, and you've been up front with that from the beginning but dont be upset at people who are the polar oppositte.

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2008, 10:42 AM
I am not upset with anyone.

LABillsFan
06-06-2008, 10:40 PM

We're all sick of losing. But look at The Raiders, in recent years Baltimore, Minnesota not too long ago. Does Buffalo really need to join those ranks in terms of bad press?

OpIv37
06-06-2008, 10:47 PM
We're all sick of losing. But look at The Raiders, in recent years Baltimore, Minnesota not too long ago. Does Buffalo really need to join those ranks in terms of bad press?

It's just a different symptom of the same problem: poor personnel decisions. Donahoe and Marv (for the most part) were good judges of character but not so hot when it comes to evaluating talent. Now, we seem to be having the opposite problem: the team is finding some talent, but some of it comes with extra baggage.

Admittedly, the jury is still out on Hardy and even Lynch, because we don't know what actually happened yet or what the severity of his punishment will be.

But teams like the Colts, Patriots and Steelers seem to be able to find talent without trouble attached. A few Patriots have gotten in trouble, but they were guys who were pretty low on the depth chart and it didn't affect the team. It's frustrating that we can't figure out how to do the same thing.

LABillsFan
06-06-2008, 11:10 PM
It's just a different symptom of the same problem: poor personnel decisions. Donahoe and Marv (for the most part) were good judges of character but not so hot when it comes to evaluating talent. Now, we seem to be having the opposite problem: the team is finding some talent, but some of it comes with extra baggage.

Admittedly, the jury is still out on Hardy and even Lynch, because we don't know what actually happened yet or what the severity of his punishment will be.

But teams like the Colts, Patriots and Steelers seem to be able to find talent without trouble attached. A few Patriots have gotten in trouble, but they were guys who were pretty low on the depth chart and it didn't affect the team. It's frustrating that we can't figure out how to do the same thing.

Well done.

gr8slayer
06-07-2008, 12:55 AM

Just like any good business it starts from the top and works its way down. If you have good coaching/ownership you'll have a good team.

LABillsFan
06-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Shall we revisit this thread. I hope that its just a bluff by the DA and that these players get their act together. It could be another long year for the Bills fans.

madness
06-13-2008, 09:08 AM

I for one take speculation quite serious.

Stewie
06-13-2008, 09:20 AM

groan.

yordad
06-13-2008, 05:58 PM
"Who is happy that character took 2nd place to performance."

I will let you know when I see the performance.