• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Lynch is doing the right thing

Like it or not, we have due process. He has the right to remain silent. Thats our rules, thats our laws.

If Lynch was the driver, and he committed a hit and run, he should suffer the consequences of that crime. But our process says that the state must prove that he did it beyond a reasonable doubt.

But, you know that many, many little po-dunk lawyers would love nothing more than to throw the whole damn book at an NFL player to make a name for themselves. They are hungry sharks that want money and fame, many, many of them.

So, because that is a real possibility in this case, and because the law of this land allows him to stay quiet, why in the hell shouldnt he?

The truth is, people left the scene of the accident in his car, and that the "injured" person was treated and released. This is a pretty small issue where no one was seriously hurt. And yet here we are with the DA talking all this tough talk about getting to the bottom of it (ehmm... making a name for himself, ehmmm...), spending lots of tax payer dollars and ignoring some much more serious crimes committed by Joe Blow in the meantime Ill bet.

Get the evidence, prove your case, but stop the witch hunt in the meantime. He has a right to keep quiet, no one was seriously hurt, step up or shut the **** up.

• LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

Re: Lynch is doing the right thing

I'm not flaming your post here, but it reminded me of OJ's trial. The Def. just let the Prosectution make error after error after error. Then was able to refute all the evidence that the DA had. Is he innocent? By our laws yes, but is he really.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• feelthepain
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by LABillsFan
      I'm not flaming your post here, but it reminded me of OJ's trial. The Def. just let the Prosectution make error after error after error. Then was able to refute all the evidence that the DA had. Is he innocent? By our laws yes, but is he really.
      OJ is guilty as hell!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
        • Apr 2004

He doesn't need to be defended by fans. If he did it, which appears to be the case, he'll get a slap on the wrist for a minor crime and a short suspension by the league. This is either a solitary incidence of poor judgement, or a character flaw. It's disappointing because we want to be proud of our team, but I refuse to make apologies because of that sentimental attachment. He'll receive what he deserves and hopefully he will make us forget it ever happened over the course of his career.

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by andyxc71
          He doesn't need to be defended by fans. If he did it, which appears to be the case, he'll get a slap on the wrist for a minor crime and a short suspension by the league. This is either a solitary incidence of poor judgement, or a character flaw. It's disappointing because we want to be proud of our team, but I refuse to make apologies because of that sentimental attachment. He'll receive what he deserves and hopefully he will make us forget it ever happened over the course of his career.
          Very nice post!
          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
            • Mar 2005

I disagree with the initial post. It was a hit and run regardless of the extent of the injury. He should talk to them and get the entire thing moving towards closure

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

if someone was playing with a loaded gun when it accidentally went off, and someone a hundred feet away fell to the ground, and then the 'shooter' ran away, would you base your leniency on the fact that the victim only had a graze wound?

the only question is whether he knew she was hit. if he did this is a slam dunk, he committed a serious crime imo

i cant believe people actually want him to get away with it. if hes guilty i sure as hell dont
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                I disagree with the initial post. It was a hit and run regardless of the extent of the injury. He should talk to them and get the entire thing moving towards closure
                NO WAY!!!!!

You never talk, I bet there is no way in HELL they know who was driving that vehicle....Never talk let the lawyer do all of that.......
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                  Like it or not, we have due process. He has the right to remain silent. Thats our rules, thats our laws.

If Lynch was the driver, and he committed a hit and run, he should suffer the consequences of that crime. But our process says that the state must prove that he did it beyond a reasonable doubt.

But, you know that many, many little po-dunk lawyers would love nothing more than to throw the whole damn book at an NFL player to make a name for themselves. They are hungry sharks that want money and fame, many, many of them.

So, because that is a real possibility in this case, and because the law of this land allows him to stay quiet, why in the hell shouldnt he?

The truth is, people left the scene of the accident in his car, and that the "injured" person was treated and released. This is a pretty small issue where no one was seriously hurt. And yet here we are with the DA talking all this tough talk about getting to the bottom of it (ehmm... making a name for himself, ehmmm...), spending lots of tax payer dollars and ignoring some much more serious crimes committed by Joe Blow in the meantime Ill bet.

Get the evidence, prove your case, but stop the witch hunt in the meantime. He has a right to keep quiet, no one was seriously hurt, step up or shut the **** up.
                  if it were you , you'd already been brought in for questioning and you would've sang louder than Pavarotti.
                  Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-06-2008, 08:32 AM.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
                    You missed the jist.

I absolutely think he should get what he deserves if he did it. I said that. But I also think he should: a) not be used as a scapegoat for a DA to make a name for himself, b) I dont think we should blow the incident out of proportion, and c) he has every right to stay quiet and because of a) and b).

This is about a guy who hit someone with a car causing minor injuries and then left the scene. That could be nothing more than some drunk chick falling into his car as he creeped through the intersection. But yes, it could also be that he was driving 100 mph, drunk, jumped the curb, clipped a girl, and then drove off.

So far, the DA is running his mouth about Lynch not talking and providing no real details of the severity of the situation.

End of the day, the girl had minor injuries, don't the B-lo police have better things to be chasing on our dime?

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                      if someone was playing with a loaded gun when it accidentally went off, and someone a hundred feet away fell to the ground, and then the 'shooter' ran away, would you base your leniency on the fact that the victim only had a graze wound?

the only question is whether he knew she was hit. if he did this is a slam dunk, he committed a serious crime imo

i cant believe people actually want him to get away with it. if hes guilty i sure as hell dont
                      where did anyone see me say that he shouldnt pay for his crime if hes guilty.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

if hes guilty.
                        well you don't know that so how do you know if he's doing the right thing?

End of the day, the girl had minor injuries, don't the B-lo police have better things to be chasing on our dime?.
                        It isn't about the extent of the injury, it's that is was a hit and run. She could've been injured heavily for all we know but he or whoever was driving the car could've brought her to the hospital or something but instead took off.

Do you know why pedophiles get raped in jail? because the inmates have daughters too.If it was someone close to you who got hit , you'd be singing a differrent tune.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                          NO WAY!!!!!

You never talk, I bet there is no way in HELL they know who was driving that vehicle....Never talk let the lawyer do all of that.......
                          Then I lose all respect for ML. And I like the kid

And obviously a lawyer would be present

Comment

• RockStar36
                            Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                            • Sep 2004

I want him to be punished according to the law if he did it, but right now nobody can fully prove that. And if he wants to stay quiet and play his cards, that is his right. It's not going to make him the bigger or better person to just go talk to people. If he is being advised to sit tight and let things play out, then he is going to do that.

D & S Sports

Comment

• M
                              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by RockStar36
                              If he is being advised to sit tight and let things play out, then he is going to do that.
                              Yep. He is a 22 (and probably scared) kid. I don't care how famous he is. If his lawyer says, don't talk, he's not talking. And no, I am in no way, making excuses for him.
                              Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

Working...
                              X