• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I just heard Bartenders being interviewed, police take surveilance

I found out from a bartender at Quote last night that police have taken video from that bar and two others (don't know the other two) that "allegedly" show Lynch drinking repeatedly. I guess the purpose is to examine how much Lynch was drinking, and they interviewed a few bartenders.

Now for Lynch I'm at least assuming the good news is it would be impossible to physically prove he was intoxicated, which of course prevents him from being charged with a DWI (I'm not an expert on this, I'm under the assumption you have to fail a breathalizer then and there to get charged?)
    But the bad news is if there is video evidence that he was like pounding shots and stuff like that; that even if he can't be charged with a DWI, it will look mighty unfavorable when a potential judge sees it.

The bottom line is we can know (and Im sure we will soon) exactly what he will be charged with (and it sure seems that's what he's headed for- charges).. and we can know what the minimum and maximum penalties entail. But ultimately it comes down to the specific JUDGE that eventual sentences him, if he gets convicted. He could be extremely fair, or he could be the ultimate *****.

I know we're all hoping for the best. But from what I'm reading, hearing and feeling.. This guy is going to soon be in some trouble, and I don't think there's any avoiding it.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: I just heard Bartenders being interviewed, police take surveilance

I think the statement from Erie County DA Frank (Hang 'em High) Clark calling Lynch the "principal suspect" in this case indicates they are getting close. Otherwise he would only be a "person of interest."
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

i agree Jan, what he needs to do is come out and apologize and get what is coming to him, his attorney needs to make a statement, already to much media hype is going on and that will only hurt Lynch in the long run, the only thing he has goin for him is that the girl thanfully was ok, so get in there and take responsibility for your actions and get this over with

DOnt become a huge distraction
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I think both parties are covering all their bases. Police side is getting as much evidence as possible.

and Lynch is shutting up because anything he says that turns out to be false will only get him in bigger trouble (IE- other charges such as Obstruction of Justice, Falsifying a police report, etc). SO I do understand fully why he's not talking at all right now. His laywer Im sure is gauging all the evidence against him.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

they won't be able to charge him with drunk driving without any evidence at the scene showing that he was drunk. But if it goes to trial, they will be able to use that evidence against him to sway a jury.

Most likely, if it was him and he was drinking (as it appears at the moment), they'll plea bargain out of it. He'll get a huge fine, community service, possibly a suspended license and possibly a short jail term (depending on the NYS law).
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

I have no sympathy at all for Lynch. He has been given amazing talents and a great opportunity to play football for a career and make millions doing it. If he cant keep himself out of bars and away from alcohol then thats his problem and he should face the same consequences any other person would. I hope I'm wrong though and it wasnt him but at this point the evidence says otherwise.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

I've said from the moment I heard about this, that IF (and that's an IF) at this point, it was Lynch who was the driver.

His punnishment from the league will be harsher than the legal system. I predict he gets no less than 2 games and a max of 4 from Goodell, if he's convicted of being the driver in a hit and run.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                I have no sympathy at all for Lynch. He has been given amazing talents and a great opportunity to play football for a career and make millions doing it. If he cant keep himself out of bars and away from alcohol then thats his problem and he should face the same consequences any other person would. I hope I'm wrong though and it wasnt him but at this point the evidence says otherwise.
                Why can't a guy go out and have a fun night on the town? We all do it(some weekly)

The problem is the driving. Get a limo for christ sakes.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                  he doesn't have to stay out of bars or away from booze- he just has to be smart enough not to drive when he does it.

I hate this situation because if this is what it appears to be, he did something wrong and should pay the consequences. But on the other hand, I know what effect that will have on the Bills so I'm hypocritically hoping he can use his celebrity status to get away with this.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

Regardless of everything else, I'm almost positive it won't go to court. I'm sure they will settle out of it and the girl will get a nice little payment.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      Why can't a guy go out and have a fun night on the town? We all do it(some weekly)

The problem is the driving. Get a limo for christ sakes.
                      Agreed, partially.. and even if you get behind the wheel after a few too many, it's a stupid mistake but a forgivable one in my book and something that can happen to anyone, and probably has for most of us.

its the whole clipping someone with your car thing, and then LEAVING that person with no regard that I cant get over. He never stopped.. How does he know how badly she was injured? That isnt a mistake.. That's a straight issue of HORRIBLE HUMAN character and a blatant disregard for another human being. Period.

and if by some miracle it wasnt Lynch, then thats directed towards the driver.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I think the statement from Erie County DA Frank (Hang 'em High) Clark calling Lynch the "principal suspect" in this case indicates they are getting close. Otherwise he would only be a "person of interest."
                        Let's also keep in mind that while Erie County may not be the best government in the US, they know the magnitude of this and that may be why we haven't seen action yet in this case. They probably think its Lynch but they wont arrest or bring him in for questioning without being 1000% sure either. I think thats the reason we haven't seen much or anything yet, not because they dont have a case, which some posters have alluded to. Honestly I can't say anything negative about police doing their jobs.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by bigbub2352
                          i agree Jan, what he needs to do is come out and apologize and get what is coming to him, his attorney needs to make a statement, already to much media hype is going on and that will only hurt Lynch in the long run, the only thing he has goin for him is that the girl thanfully was ok, so get in there and take responsibility for your actions and get this over with

DOnt become a huge distraction
                          A public appology would be a disaster for plea bargining.

I expect a random league drug test too.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• M
                            • Aug 2006

The bartenders can get in trouble with the law too, for not cutting him off, correct? Not sure how it works in NYS...
                            Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CTBills97
                              The bartenders can get in trouble with the law too, for not cutting him off, correct? Not sure how it works in NYS...
                              I think that is only if they can prove he was visibly intoxicated.

Comment

Working...
                              X