PDA

View Full Version : I just heard Bartenders being interviewed, police take surveilance

patmoran2006
06-06-2008, 09:23 AM
I found out from a bartender at Quote last night that police have taken video from that bar and two others (don't know the other two) that "allegedly" show Lynch drinking repeatedly. I guess the purpose is to examine how much Lynch was drinking, and they interviewed a few bartenders.

Now for Lynch I'm at least assuming the good news is it would be impossible to physically prove he was intoxicated, which of course prevents him from being charged with a DWI (I'm not an expert on this, I'm under the assumption you have to fail a breathalizer then and there to get charged?)
But the bad news is if there is video evidence that he was like pounding shots and stuff like that; that even if he can't be charged with a DWI, it will look mighty unfavorable when a potential judge sees it.

The bottom line is we can know (and Im sure we will soon) exactly what he will be charged with (and it sure seems that's what he's headed for- charges).. and we can know what the minimum and maximum penalties entail. But ultimately it comes down to the specific JUDGE that eventual sentences him, if he gets convicted. He could be extremely fair, or he could be the ultimate *****.

I know we're all hoping for the best. But from what I'm reading, hearing and feeling.. This guy is going to soon be in some trouble, and I don't think there's any avoiding it.

Jan Reimers
06-06-2008, 09:34 AM
I think the statement from Erie County DA Frank (Hang 'em High) Clark calling Lynch the "principal suspect" in this case indicates they are getting close. Otherwise he would only be a "person of interest."

bigbub2352
06-06-2008, 09:42 AM
i agree Jan, what he needs to do is come out and apologize and get what is coming to him, his attorney needs to make a statement, already to much media hype is going on and that will only hurt Lynch in the long run, the only thing he has goin for him is that the girl thanfully was ok, so get in there and take responsibility for your actions and get this over with

DOnt become a huge distraction

patmoran2006
06-06-2008, 09:43 AM
I think both parties are covering all their bases. Police side is getting as much evidence as possible.

and Lynch is shutting up because anything he says that turns out to be false will only get him in bigger trouble (IE- other charges such as Obstruction of Justice, Falsifying a police report, etc). SO I do understand fully why he's not talking at all right now. His laywer Im sure is gauging all the evidence against him.

OpIv37
06-06-2008, 09:46 AM
they won't be able to charge him with drunk driving without any evidence at the scene showing that he was drunk. But if it goes to trial, they will be able to use that evidence against him to sway a jury.

Most likely, if it was him and he was drinking (as it appears at the moment), they'll plea bargain out of it. He'll get a huge fine, community service, possibly a suspended license and possibly a short jail term (depending on the NYS law).

Mahdi
06-06-2008, 09:47 AM
I have no sympathy at all for Lynch. He has been given amazing talents and a great opportunity to play football for a career and make millions doing it. If he cant keep himself out of bars and away from alcohol then thats his problem and he should face the same consequences any other person would. I hope I'm wrong though and it wasnt him but at this point the evidence says otherwise.

patmoran2006
06-06-2008, 09:48 AM
I've said from the moment I heard about this, that IF (and that's an IF) at this point, it was Lynch who was the driver.

His punnishment from the league will be harsher than the legal system. I predict he gets no less than 2 games and a max of 4 from Goodell, if he's convicted of being the driver in a hit and run.

THATHURMANATOR
06-06-2008, 09:50 AM
I have no sympathy at all for Lynch. He has been given amazing talents and a great opportunity to play football for a career and make millions doing it. If he cant keep himself out of bars and away from alcohol then thats his problem and he should face the same consequences any other person would. I hope I'm wrong though and it wasnt him but at this point the evidence says otherwise.
Why can't a guy go out and have a fun night on the town? We all do it(some weekly)

The problem is the driving. Get a limo for christ sakes.

OpIv37
06-06-2008, 09:50 AM

he doesn't have to stay out of bars or away from booze- he just has to be smart enough not to drive when he does it.

I hate this situation because if this is what it appears to be, he did something wrong and should pay the consequences. But on the other hand, I know what effect that will have on the Bills so I'm hypocritically hoping he can use his celebrity status to get away with this.

RockStar36
06-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Regardless of everything else, I'm almost positive it won't go to court. I'm sure they will settle out of it and the girl will get a nice little payment.

patmoran2006
06-06-2008, 09:52 AM
Why can't a guy go out and have a fun night on the town? We all do it(some weekly)

The problem is the driving. Get a limo for christ sakes.
Agreed, partially.. and even if you get behind the wheel after a few too many, it's a stupid mistake but a forgivable one in my book and something that can happen to anyone, and probably has for most of us.

its the whole clipping someone with your car thing, and then LEAVING that person with no regard that I cant get over. He never stopped.. How does he know how badly she was injured? That isnt a mistake.. That's a straight issue of HORRIBLE HUMAN character and a blatant disregard for another human being. Period.

and if by some miracle it wasnt Lynch, then thats directed towards the driver.

DraftBoy
06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
I think the statement from Erie County DA Frank (Hang 'em High) Clark calling Lynch the "principal suspect" in this case indicates they are getting close. Otherwise he would only be a "person of interest."

Let's also keep in mind that while Erie County may not be the best government in the US, they know the magnitude of this and that may be why we haven't seen action yet in this case. They probably think its Lynch but they wont arrest or bring him in for questioning without being 1000% sure either. I think thats the reason we haven't seen much or anything yet, not because they dont have a case, which some posters have alluded to. Honestly I can't say anything negative about police doing their jobs.

yordad
06-06-2008, 10:01 AM
i agree Jan, what he needs to do is come out and apologize and get what is coming to him, his attorney needs to make a statement, already to much media hype is going on and that will only hurt Lynch in the long run, the only thing he has goin for him is that the girl thanfully was ok, so get in there and take responsibility for your actions and get this over with

DOnt become a huge distraction

A public appology would be a disaster for plea bargining.

I expect a random league drug test too.

M
06-06-2008, 10:01 AM
The bartenders can get in trouble with the law too, for not cutting him off, correct? Not sure how it works in NYS...

Typ0
06-06-2008, 10:08 AM
The bartenders can get in trouble with the law too, for not cutting him off, correct? Not sure how it works in NYS...

I think that is only if they can prove he was visibly intoxicated.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure about the criminal side but with this kind of evidence a civil court will eat him alive.

Mr. Miyagi
06-06-2008, 10:18 AM
Let's also keep in mind that while Erie County may not be the best government in the US, they know the magnitude of this and that may be why we haven't seen action yet in this case. They probably think its Lynch but they wont arrest or bring him in for questioning without being 1000% sure either. I think thats the reason we haven't seen much or anything yet, not because they dont have a case, which some posters have alluded to. Honestly I can't say anything negative about police doing their jobs.
So far it sounds like they're trying to try the case in public, without showing any evidence or even charges.

This is big time botched police work. :down:

imbondz
06-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I don't have a problem with players going out and partying, especially in the off season, but don't be such an idiot to get behind a wheel, or in a car with someone you've been partying with. YOU ARE A FREAKING IDIOT MARSHAWN LYNCH. You play right into the stereotype. What scumbag hits someone and leaves the scene, or doesn't make sure the person is ok, or try to help. !@#~$%!@#$!@#$ (!@#~$%!@#$!@#$!@#$)

It pisses me off because I don't see how this isn't going to be a distraction to the entire team. And, he's one of the last people we can afford to lose.

TigerJ
06-06-2008, 10:48 AM
They may not be able to pin the DUI on him, but it sounds like they're getting closer to putting him behind the wheel. Even if they are not able to prove the charge of DUI, if the judge thinks, given the witnesses, that Lynch was impaired, he could opt toward a higher sentence for the hit and run than he would have otherwise. And if ye gets convicted of that, he'll have to face Goodell. That could theoretically cost him more games than a jail sentence.

I just hope he's learned something from this and makes some smart lifestyle decisions when all is said and done.

DraftBoy
06-06-2008, 10:56 AM
So far it sounds like they're trying to try the case in public, without showing any evidence or even charges.

This is big time botched police work. :down:

No it sounds like people are jumping to Lynch's defense for no reason when he hasn't been charged with a crime and simply because he is a Buffalo Bill, thats just blind ignorance :down:

don137
06-06-2008, 11:00 AM
From all the evidence such as witnesses saying he was behind the wheel, drinking a fair amount in bars and video of the crime it does not sound good at all for Lynch.
I for one am extremely disappointed in him in making such stupid decision. He let himself, family, teammates and fans down. Like said earlier, he should of got a limo for the night.
He deserves anything handed down to him from the criminal standpoint as well as the league standpoint. Bills fans finally have a team that can make it to the playoffs and Lynch does something so stupid it really hurts the team and fans and more importantly jeopardizes human life. A split second difference and he could of been facing manslaughter charges.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-06-2008, 01:46 PM
From all the evidence such as witnesses saying he was behind the wheel, drinking a fair amount in bars and video of the crime it does not sound good at all for Lynch.
I for one am extremely disappointed in him in making such stupid decision. He let himself, family, teammates and fans down. Like said earlier, he should of got a limo for the night.
He deserves anything handed down to him from the criminal standpoint as well as the league standpoint. Bills fans finally have a team that can make it to the playoffs and Lynch does something so stupid it really hurts the team and fans and more importantly jeopardizes human life. A split second difference and he could of been facing manslaughter charges.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm glad the woman is okay. I hope Lynch wasn't the one driving but if he was, he should get no special treatment. His punishment shouldn't be easier or harder than an average citizen would receive. In the end, I hope he learns from the mistake because he seems like a decent person.

Ingtar33
06-07-2008, 12:10 AM
marshawn's problem is he's not a lawyer.

if he was, Clark would be covering it up for his "boy", as he's done in the past during fatal hit and run drunk driving cases, where a lawyer was involved.

I remember one in particular where Clark pled his lawyer buddy out to 2 years probation for killing a man in a DUI hit and run.