• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

WTF is with the police?

Sounds like so far they have no solid evidence on any wrongdoing by Marshawn. No proof whether he's drving, no proof whether he was drunk. They allegedly have "witnesses" that saw Marshawn was driving, but who knows how credible they are.

No having even interviewed Marshawn or file any charges at him, they're basically publicly accusing him of having committed a crime, based on who knows what other than hunches and their need of a celebrity case. They publicly threatened him with obstruction charges, even though it's well within his rights to remain silent. They named him their "principle suspect", yet not even having talked to the guy. Playing the bluffing game and phising for bones in the media, only tells me that they got nothing, zero, ziltch, having to resort to a scare tactic.

In the meantime Marshawn remains silent, does not get classless and come out and mouth off. Goes to practices, shuts his mouth.

The more the police yaps in public the more it smells like a starving DA department looking to crack their name on the big national spotlight. An otherwise model citizen NFL player MAYBE did what? The victim was hardly even injured? Doesn't matter! This is my big break!

**** the police!
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: WTF is with the police?

COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Can't blame the Police for conducting a proper investigation.

Would you rather they rush to judgement and arrest Lynch?

Comment

• imbondz
        Democrats are people too
        • Jan 2003

you just hate the police.

it's fine to start off assuming that if it's your car in the hit and run, then you were driving. In court, they'll need proof. And the fact that Marshawn is not talking, you can also assume things. Be a man and come forward immediately with all the information you know, good or bad.
        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

It pisses me off that they're accusing Marshawn in public without any real evidence. If they had it they would've arrested him already. Otherwise stop making accusations.

When it's all said and done Marshawn should file a defamation suit.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by imbondz
            you just hate the police.

it's fine to start off assuming that if it's your car in the hit and run, then you were driving. In court, they'll need proof. And the fact that Marshawn is not talking, you can also assume things. Be a man and come forward immediately with all the information you know, good or bad.
            If he wasn't driving than why not come out and say it? People with stuff to hide are the ones who remain silent.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
              It pisses me off that they're accusing Marshawn in public without any real evidence. If they had it they would've arrested him already. Otherwise stop making accusations.

Who in the police accused Marshawn of anything?
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

I guess a car owned by Lynch was involved in a hit and run accident is not enough evidence to investigate it.

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Miyagi is right on with this post. I think they are loving the attention that this case is getting. And although I'll be very let down if Marshawn was the driver, I am happy that he is currently shutting up and just going to practice.

D & S Sports

Comment

• RockStar36
                    Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                    • Sep 2004

I honestly think if the police really thought he was the driver they would've obtained some sort of warrant for him and already spoken to him. I am 99% positive if I were in this situation the cops would've been at my door the next morning questioning me. If I refused, they would've done the neccessary paperwork. These guys are just going through the media right now which tells me they don't have a whole lot.

They have witnesses? Who? People who were tanked on Chippeway at 4 in the morning? That's credible.

D & S Sports

Comment

• imbondz
                      Democrats are people too
                      • Jan 2003

if it was anyone else, they'd be in custody already
                      My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                        Registered Fish
                        • Aug 2006

Sounds like so far they have no solid evidence on any wrongdoing by Marshawn. No proof whether he's drving, no proof whether he was drunk. They allegedly have "witnesses" that saw Marshawn was driving, but who knows how credible they are.

No having even interviewed Marshawn or file any charges at him, they're basically publicly accusing him of having committed a crime, based on who knows what other than hunches and their need of a celebrity case. They publicly threatened him with obstruction charges, even though it's well within his rights to remain silent. They named him their "principle suspect", yet not even having talked to the guy. Playing the bluffing game and phising for bones in the media, only tells me that they got nothing, zero, ziltch, having to resort to a scare tactic.

In the meantime Marshawn remains silent, does not get classless and come out and mouth off. Goes to practices, shuts his mouth.

The more the police yaps in public the more it smells like a starving DA department looking to crack their name on the big national spotlight. An otherwise model citizen NFL player MAYBE did what? The victim was hardly even injured? Doesn't matter! This is my big break!

**** the police!
                        Lynch's car was involved in a hit-and-run at 3:30am in the prime bar district in Buffalo. Lynch was placed in the area by witnesses near the time of the accident. The accident was witnessed by an off duty police officer who recognized Lynch's car. If it had been you or me, we would not have made it home before we were pulled over by the police. There would be no question who was driving. You or I would already be arrested.

The police went to Lynch's residence shortly after the accident and left because no one answered the door. That would not have happened if it were an average person. The "conveniently" prevented the police from administering a test to determine if he was drunk.

You tell me why Lynch is refusing to cooperate with the police. Was he driving or not. If not, the driver should come forward.

IMO, the police intentionally let Lynch go and now the DA is trying to do his job as best as he can with the limited help that the police provided.

To portray Lynch's silence as somehow noble is comical. If it were your wife, girlfriend, or daughter that was run down and left in the street, you'd have a different opinion of Lynch's refusal to cooperate.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

I think with any kind of celebrity, the police and the DA's office really want to get all of their ducks in a row before making an arrest.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                            I think with any kind of celebrity, the police and the DA's office really want to get all of their ducks in a row before making an arrest.
                            EXACTLY!!!
                            COMING SOON...

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                              Registered Fish
                              • Aug 2006

They have plenty of evidence. A piece of Lynch's car was left at the scene of the accident. Witnesses place Lynch in the area. There is damage to Lynch's car. The accident was witnessed by several people. There are four basic possibilities:

1. Lynch was driving
                              2. Lynch was a passenger
                              3. Someone else was using Lynch's car with his permission but Lynch wasn't in the car (but was in the same area of town).
                              4. Someone was using Lynch's car without his permission and happened to be in the same place as Lynch and then drove the car back to Lynch's house after the accident.

Option 4 is a joke. Options 1, 2, and 3 involve the criminal activities of leaving the scene of an accident and/or obstruction of justice.

Comment

Working...
                              X