PDA

View Full Version : HIt and Run

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Is this inhumane regardless of the extent of injury?

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/bystanders-ignore-hit-and-run-victim/20080605164309990001

HARTFORD, Conn. (June 5) - A 78-year-old man is tossed like a rag doll by a hit-and-run driver and lies motionless on a busy city street as car after car goes by. Pedestrians gawk but do nothing. One driver stops briefly but then pulls back into traffic. A man on a scooter slowly circles the victim before zipping away.

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Is this inhumane regardless of the extent of injury?

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/bystanders-ignore-hit-and-run-victim/20080605164309990001

HARTFORD, Conn. (June 5) - A 78-year-old man is tossed like a rag doll by a hit-and-run driver and lies motionless on a busy city street as car after car goes by. Pedestrians gawk but do nothing. One driver stops briefly but then pulls back into traffic. A man on a scooter slowly circles the victim before zipping away.

yes, but its not like no one helped her out..she was obviously fine if she took herself to the hospital..these are two totally different stories.

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 12:55 PM
yes, but its not like no one helped her out..she was obviously fine if she took herself to the hospital..these are two totally different stories.

I wasn't trying to point out the action or lack there of the bystanders but the driver of the car.

Whoever was driving the car of Lynch did the same thing but thankfully resulted in way lesser injury.

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 01:01 PM
I wasn't trying to point out the action or lack there of the bystanders but the driver of the car.

Whoever was driving the car of Lynch did the same thing but thankfully resulted in way lesser injury.

oh ya i completely understand..are you saying whoever the driver was cause you know it wasnt lynch? or that your just unsure an dont wanna say that it was lynch driving?

DraftBoy
06-06-2008, 01:02 PM

Where does it say she took herself to the hospital? All reports I have ready said she was taken via an Ambulance.

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 01:03 PM
oh ya i completely understand..are you saying whoever the driver was cause you know it wasnt lynch? or that your just unsure an dont wanna say that it was lynch driving?

I didn't accuse Lynch or anyone of driving the car. NOtice I said WHOEVER? BUt we do know it was his car. His responsibility.

IF someone uses your gun in a crime, you better be ready to answer questions.

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I didn't accuse Lynch or anyone of driving the car. NOtice I said WHOEVER? BUt we do know it was his car. His responsibility.

IF someone uses your gun in a crime, you better be ready to answer questions.

haha ya i know..

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Where does it say she took herself to the hospital? All reports I have ready said she was taken via an Ambulance.

she walks out with minor injuries..please dude, unless she came out with two broken legs, im sure she coulda drove herself..she's just looking for the cash, which she'll get.

gr8slayer
06-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Like I said before, he broke the law but got lucky that she was dumb enough to get up instead of realizing that she had just been hit by a $100,000 car. Had she been smart she would have laid there and claimed she had a hurt neck or something and sued him for the maximum allowed by NY State.

Thankfully she's not that smart and got up and walked herself to help. Either way Lynch ****ed up but got lucky that she wasn't hurt; that leads me to believe that he likely won't serve any time and MIGHT get a couple of games at most.

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 01:08 PM
she walks out with minor injuries..please dude, unless she came out with two broken legs, im sure she coulda drove herself..she's just looking for the cash, which she'll get.

Whoever had the gun "you're honor, I shot her but it's just a flesh wound. Can I go now?"

gr8slayer
06-06-2008, 01:10 PM
Whoever had the gun "you're honor, I shot her but it's just a flesh wound. Can I go now?"
Had she been hurt the crime he will be charged with would have been more severe.

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 01:10 PM

chances are, you're shooting at a HER you'll be aiming for the heart..those arent flesh wounds..im just saying.

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
that leads me to believe that he likely won't serve any time and MIGHT get a couple of games at most.
IF he did it.

gr8slayer
06-06-2008, 01:11 PM
IF he did it.
He did it, and he if didn't he's still liable since it was his car.

DraftBoy
06-06-2008, 01:12 PM

That doesn't dispute the reports that she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and did not drive herself.

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 01:12 PM
also, lets look at leonard little..he did what? killed someone drunk driving an is still playing in the NFL, which is beyond me? but does anyone know how long his suspension was?

gr8slayer
06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
also, lets look at leonard little..he did what? killed someone drunk driving an is still playing in the NFL, which is beyond me? but does anyone know how long his suspension was?
Then he was busted after that driving drunk. But this is a different NFL now.

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
That doesn't dispute the reports that she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and did not drive herself.

i agree..

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 01:14 PM
chances are, you're shooting at a HER you'll be aiming for the heart..those arent flesh wounds..im just saying.

Even if it's an accidental shooting you can still be trouble (unless your surname is Cheney) especially if you run away from the scene of the accident.

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 01:15 PM
was it hit and run? :idunno:

JerseyBoofaloBills
06-06-2008, 01:18 PM
was it hit and run? :idunno:

good question..im not really sure.

ddaryl
06-06-2008, 01:27 PM
http://autoworld.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/car-bike-crash-mexico-cnn-img_1.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/americas/06/02/mexico.bikers.ap/index.html

I am completely off topic, but I thought many of you would find this to be nuts.

Shouldn't drink and drive. Notice the cop car swerving out of the way and witnessing this horrific accident

Typ0
06-06-2008, 02:18 PM
I'd like a headcount from people who already posted in this thread...how many of you never paid rent?

Jan Reimers
06-06-2008, 02:33 PM
As I remember from today's Buffalo News article, the driver of Lynch's vehicle will be charged with "leaving the scene of a personal-injury accident," a Class A misdemeanor. The maximum sentence is a year in jail, but first time offenders usually get no jail time.

Apparently, there really is no official crime called "hit and run."

RingofFire
06-06-2008, 03:15 PM
Hit & runs happen every single day. Almost every hour of every day in parking lots all around the country. I'd say more than 70% of people that back into a car in a parking lot if no one is around jet off if they know they are getting away with it. I bet 70% of zoners have done it or have friends or family have as some point in there life. Not saying it is same if person is present in car like this situation.

ddaryl
06-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Hit & runs happen every single day. Almost every hour of every day in parking lots all around the country. I'd say more than 70% of people that back into a car in a parking lot if no one is around jet off if they know they are getting away with it. I bet 70% of zoners have done it or have friends or family have as some point in there life. Not saying it is same if person is present in car like this situation.

I've done th eold tap and move on from a parking lot. More then once. but there was never any damage tot he other vehicle besides a tad bit of paint scrape.

still big difference from tapping a park car and tapping a living person.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 03:32 PM
I've done th eold tap and move on from a parking lot. More then once. but there was never any damage tot he other vehicle besides a tad bit of paint scrape.

still big difference from tapping a park car and tapping a living person.

a tad bit of paint scrape easily cost $750 to repair. That is your responsibility not the other person.

WARNING: PERSONAL ATTACK ABOUT TO HAPPEN.

you are an ignorant jerk.

justasportsfan
06-06-2008, 03:42 PM
then if it's nothing more than something like you say, whats the big deal ? Let Lynch get it over with and address the situation.

gr8slayer
06-06-2008, 05:47 PM
I'd like a headcount from people who already posted in this thread...how many of you never paid rent?
I pay my mortgage, does that count?

SeatownBillsFan21
06-06-2008, 06:01 PM
WOW tha video is shocking Lynch should be ashamed of himself i know its not the same situation be he did not know the seriousness of the injury to just leave is plain wrong.

Typ0
06-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I pay my mortgage, does that count?

yes you don't count....I want to know about the people who never paid for anything...I'm guessing they are the ones with the dumb ass attitudes.