PDA

View Full Version : OTA Notes: Making Most Of Extra Reps

The Spaz
06-06-2008, 02:31 PM
With a few new player absences Friday at Bills OTAs, some reserve and younger players were able to take advantage of the extra reps and make plays. With Marshawn Lynch not in attendance Dwayne Wright became the beneficiary as he got the lion's share of the first team reps and was picking his holes well while showing some burst.

"He's doing alright. He's got a ways to go as we kind of do here," said head coach Dick Jauron. "But he's better than he was at the end of the season last year. Coming out of training camp if he keeps improving he should be a guy that can help us in football games."

As for Lynch's absence he was excused by coach Jauron to tend to a personal issue that was unrelated to the police investigation of the hit-and-run accident involving his car.

"I knew that he would miss today and I knew why he would miss today," said Jauron. "It's a personal issue with him, so I don't feel I have the liberty to discuss it, but it's not related to the other issues that are occurring right now."

Also benefiting from extra work was top pick Leodis McKelvin. With Jabari Greer missing his first OTA session McKelvin stepped in with the starting unit at right cornerback and made his presence known.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6134

Jan Reimers
06-06-2008, 02:38 PM
If he has personal issues that are more important than this hit and run business, he has ISSUES.

yordad
06-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Where is Fred "The Gem" Jackson? :idunno:

Al the Bills Fan
06-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Good to hear McKelvin got to get in there with the first team defense!