PDA

View Full Version : AFC East: Coming to grips with the Patriots

Cntrygal
06-06-2008, 02:37 PM
It’s probably no surprise that the New England Patriots’ AFC East foes spent a lot of time this offseason trying to get tougher on defense.

After all, the Patriots’ average of 36.8 points a game last year was an NFL record for a 16-game season. Quarterback Tom Brady set the league record for most touchdown passes (50) in a season, and receiver Randy Moss set the record for most receiving TDs (23).

So the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and Miami Dolphins will be trying to slow the Patriots’ juggernaut this year.

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/362167.html)

Can also be found at: BZ Front Page (http://www.billszone.com/)

!Papacrunk!
06-06-2008, 05:27 PM
So the Buffalo Bills, New York Jets and Miami Dolphins will be trying to slow the Patriots’ juggernaut this year.

sigh, so it's gotten to the point because of talent levels throughout the AFCEast that the best thing we can do is "slow" them down. It seems like it's been an eternity since competitiveness, and it's still going to be a bit for my team

gr8slayer
06-06-2008, 05:54 PM
sigh, so it's gotten to the point because of talent levels throughout the AFCEast that the best thing we can do is "slow" them down. It seems like it's been an eternity since competitiveness, and it's still going to be a bit for my team
Your boy, FTP, says the Miami is closer than the Bills.

!Papacrunk!
06-06-2008, 06:05 PM
no offense to FTP, but how in any way is he my boy? By that logic I could say Skooby is your boy, lol :cas:

feelthepain
06-06-2008, 08:00 PM

Obviously here on fantasy island whatever your record was the previous year is proof of future success and failure because Tatoo say's so. Gotta love that idiotic logic.

TigerJ
06-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Anyone notice that Buffalo drafted Jeremy Fine? I must have missed that round.

mayotm
06-06-2008, 08:51 PM
Obviously here on fantasy island whatever your record was the previous year is proof of future success and failure because Tatoo say's so. Gotta love that idiotic logic.So tell me, if I was to spend some time on a Dolphins message board (I wouldn't because I'm a Bills fan) I wouldn't find irrational Dolphin fans with unrealistic expectations? You are so critical of people on this site like it's not that way on any other team's sites. My educated guess is that it's not any worse here than anywhere else. Besides, if we are all idiots why in the hell do you spend so much time here?

YardRat
06-06-2008, 09:28 PM
New England's about to crash and burn. Just sit back and enjoy the fire.

feelthepain
06-06-2008, 09:47 PM
So tell me, if I was to spend some time on a Dolphins message board (I wouldn't because I'm a Bills fan) I wouldn't find irrational Dolphin fans with unrealistic expectations? You are so critical of people on this site like it's not that way on any other team's sites. My educated guess is that it's not any worse here than anywhere else. Besides, if we are all idiots why in the hell do you spend so much time here?

I dunno, maybe because I find it amusing that Bill fans can think playoffs after the last 8 years they've had, but Dolphin fans must accept the fact that the Bills are better simply because Bill fans say so. Oh I could see their point if they were a playoff team the last couple of years, but the Bills have been anything but a playoff team.

gr8slayer
06-07-2008, 12:45 AM
Obviously here on fantasy island whatever your record was the previous year is proof of future success and failure because Tatoo say's so. Gotta love that idiotic logic.
Do you ever read your own posts?

Ickybaluky
06-07-2008, 08:00 AM
So tell me, if I was to spend some time on a Dolphins message board (I wouldn't because I'm a Bills fan) I wouldn't find irrational Dolphin fans with unrealistic expectations?

I hate when fans of other teams hang out on message boards.

Ickybaluky
06-07-2008, 08:01 AM

I suppose if you repeat this every year, it will eventually come true.

njsue
06-07-2008, 09:34 AM

I know that's right!

Ickybaluky
06-07-2008, 11:18 AM
I know that's right!

From 12/26/2006:

The Buffalo Bills on the rise in the AFC East is bound to make a significant impact on 2007 season results. Especially with the constant decline of the New England Patriots.

LINK (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=1784194&postcount=18)

I think it is so cute the way you get all wishful and stuff. All I'm left with is "constant decline".

DynaPaul
06-07-2008, 02:56 PM
From 12/26/2006:

I think it is so cute the way you get all wishful and stuff. All I'm left with is "constant decline".

18 - 1

The Spaz
06-07-2008, 03:13 PM
From 12/26/2006:

You guys will decline believe that!:dance:

feelthepain
06-07-2008, 06:41 PM
I suppose if you repeat this every year, it will eventually come true.
Haven't you learned by now that the Bills are the only team allowed to improve? Everyone else either outright sucks or is declining even though the Bills have the worst win loss record in the division this decade.

acehole
06-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Tom Brady lead the league in TD....? ahh stats dont mater.

However I say we split with them this year.

K Mitchel will get in his head a bit I am sure.

It’s probably no surprise that the New England Patriots’ AFC East foes spent a lot of time this offseason trying to get tougher on defense.

After all, the Patriots’ average of 36.8 points a game last year was an NFL record for a 16-game season. Quarterback Tom Brady set the league record for most touchdown passes (50) in a season, and receiver Randy Moss set the record for most receiving TDs (23).

more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/362167.html)

Can also be found at: BZ Front Page (http://www.billszone.com/)

acehole
06-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Haven't you learned by now that the Bills are the only team allowed to improve? Everyone else either outright sucks or is declining even though the Bills have the worst win loss record in the division this decade.

that would definitly help us

acehole
06-07-2008, 07:12 PM
18 - 1

Be nice the NE39 fan adds more respectful insight on this board then philage3 sayburpsfan and about 4 others combined.

DynaPaul
06-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Be nice the NE39 fan adds more respectful insight on this board then philage3 sayburpsfan and about 4 others combined.

No way! I still laugh everytime I see that number.