PDA

View Full Version : Lynch charge could come early next week

Philagape
06-06-2008, 04:55 PM
DA says he 'would not be at all surprised' if Marshawn Lynch is charged with a misdemeanor
Frank Clark seeks cooperation from Bills player
By Dan Herbeck, Gene Warner and Vanessa Thomas - News Staff Reporters

Buffalo Bills football star Marshawn Lynch could be criminally charged early next week in connection with the May 31 hit-and-run incident that injured a woman in downtown Buffalo, Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark said today.

"I would not be at all surprised if he is charged early next week with a misdemeanor count of leaving the scene of an injury accident," Clark said.

Clark's remark came shortly after Lynch's attorney, Michael Caffery, came to the district attorney's office for a brief meeting on the case. Clark said Caffery will be returning to his office on Monday for a much more in-depth discussion.
http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/363733.html

Mitchy moo
06-06-2008, 05:27 PM
It would get plead down to a ACD and no permanent record. If he is drunk and hit her it would of been much more serious charges.

If your drunk, it's better to drive away. However sad that sounds, it rings true.

Jan Reimers
06-06-2008, 05:29 PM
It's encouraging that he's "only" facing a leaving the scene of a personal-injury accident, and that first time offenders usually do no jail time.

It's also encouraging that Lance Briggs was not given a league suspension for a similar - although slightly less serious - offense.

I just wish that Marshawn would have been a little more forthright about this incident. His perceived lack of cooperation might be the one thing that gets him a little stiffer penalty than he would have gotten if he had voluntarily turned himself in.

casdhf
06-06-2008, 06:10 PM
I dunno why they're ****ing around here. Charge him, plea out and have the whole matter settled by fall. There's no reason not to get this over with.

M
06-06-2008, 06:26 PM
I just wish that Marshawn would have been a little more forthright about this incident.

True but you can thank his attorney for that.

OpIv37
06-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I dunno why they're ****ing around here. Charge him, plea out and have the whole matter settled by fall. There's no reason not to get this over with.

for once, I completely agree with you.

I am so ****ing sick of hearing about this. It's been a week already. Do these things usually take this long? If he did it, charge him with something because the sooner it starts, the sooner it ends. If he didn't do it, publicly say he's off the hook so he can get on with football and his life and the rest of us can relax.

But this is ridiculous- every day, more speculation but no real news. Just get it over with already.

The Spaz
06-06-2008, 11:05 PM
All this talk about him being suspended by the league for 4 games or more is ridiculous. This is of course if he is only charged with a misdemeanor.

Mitchy moo
06-06-2008, 11:05 PM
for once, I completely agree with you.

I am so ****ing sick of hearing about this. It's been a week already. Do these things usually take this long? If he did it, charge him with something because the sooner it starts, the sooner it ends. If he didn't do it, publicly say he's off the hook so he can get on with football and his life and the rest of us can relax.

But this is ridiculous- every day, more speculation but no real news. Just get it over with already.

There is consequences with another person's life at stake here. Can we all like have amount of patience to see how this comes around for ML?

OpIv37
06-06-2008, 11:26 PM
There is consequences with another person's life at stake here. Can we all like have amount of patience to see how this comes around for ML?

and his life is hanging in the balance because he doesn't know how this is going to turn out- the faster they get it resolved, the faster he can get on with his life. Understand?

It's been a week. There are no more videos to watch. There are no more witnesses to question. Whatever information the PD and the DA are going to get, they already have it. So get it done already- either charge him or admit they don't have enough info to charge him and clear him. But either way, there's no reason it should take this long.

Mitchy moo
06-06-2008, 11:29 PM
either charge him or admit they don't have enough info to charge him and clear him. But either way, there's no reason it should take this long.

I agree with this part competely. They need a person to charge for this crime, that's the missing piece here.

Ebenezer
06-06-2008, 11:31 PM
But this is ridiculous- every day, more speculation but no real news.

and that is part of the problem....no real news about much of anything....

gr8slayer
06-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Let's get it over with; the quicker the better.

Night Train
06-07-2008, 04:38 AM
Lance Briggs might even be a reach as a parallel, since they still can't even figure out a charge for Lynch.

Briggs was ordered by a county court judge to perform 120 hours of community service. He was put under court supervision for a year and was fined $485.
Briggs received no penalty or sanction from the National Football League.

Sounds like Lynch has little to worry about, outside of his Mom yelling at him.