• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Lynch charge could come early next week

DA says he 'would not be at all surprised' if Marshawn Lynch is charged with a misdemeanor
    Frank Clark seeks cooperation from Bills player
    By Dan Herbeck, Gene Warner and Vanessa Thomas - News Staff Reporters

Buffalo Bills football star Marshawn Lynch could be criminally charged early next week in connection with the May 31 hit-and-run incident that injured a woman in downtown Buffalo, Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark said today.

"I would not be at all surprised if he is charged early next week with a misdemeanor count of leaving the scene of an injury accident," Clark said.

Clark's remark came shortly after Lynch's attorney, Michael Caffery, came to the district attorney's office for a brief meeting on the case. Clark said Caffery will be returning to his office on Monday for a much more in-depth discussion.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Lynch charge could come early next week

It would get plead down to a ACD and no permanent record. If he is drunk and hit her it would of been much more serious charges.

If your drunk, it's better to drive away. However sad that sounds, it rings true.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

It's encouraging that he's "only" facing a leaving the scene of a personal-injury accident, and that first time offenders usually do no jail time.

It's also encouraging that Lance Briggs was not given a league suspension for a similar - although slightly less serious - offense.

I just wish that Marshawn would have been a little more forthright about this incident. His perceived lack of cooperation might be the one thing that gets him a little stiffer penalty than he would have gotten if he had voluntarily turned himself in.
      Last edited by Jan Reimers; 06-06-2008, 05:45 PM.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

I dunno why they're ****ing around here. Charge him, plea out and have the whole matter settled by fall. There's no reason not to get this over with.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• M
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I just wish that Marshawn would have been a little more forthright about this incident.
          True but you can thank his attorney for that.
          Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
            I dunno why they're ****ing around here. Charge him, plea out and have the whole matter settled by fall. There's no reason not to get this over with.
            for once, I completely agree with you.

I am so ****ing sick of hearing about this. It's been a week already. Do these things usually take this long? If he did it, charge him with something because the sooner it starts, the sooner it ends. If he didn't do it, publicly say he's off the hook so he can get on with football and his life and the rest of us can relax.

But this is ridiculous- every day, more speculation but no real news. Just get it over with already.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

All this talk about him being suspended by the league for 4 games or more is ridiculous. This is of course if he is only charged with a misdemeanor.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                Roways rooking ahread!
                • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                for once, I completely agree with you.

I am so ****ing sick of hearing about this. It's been a week already. Do these things usually take this long? If he did it, charge him with something because the sooner it starts, the sooner it ends. If he didn't do it, publicly say he's off the hook so he can get on with football and his life and the rest of us can relax.

But this is ridiculous- every day, more speculation but no real news. Just get it over with already.
                There is consequences with another person's life at stake here. Can we all like have amount of patience to see how this comes around for ML?

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                  There is consequences with another person's life at stake here. Can we all like have amount of patience to see how this comes around for ML?
                  and his life is hanging in the balance because he doesn't know how this is going to turn out- the faster they get it resolved, the faster he can get on with his life. Understand?

It's been a week. There are no more videos to watch. There are no more witnesses to question. Whatever information the PD and the DA are going to get, they already have it. So get it done already- either charge him or admit they don't have enough info to charge him and clear him. But either way, there's no reason it should take this long.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                    Roways rooking ahread!
                    • Sep 2005

either charge him or admit they don't have enough info to charge him and clear him. But either way, there's no reason it should take this long.
                    I agree with this part competely. They need a person to charge for this crime, that's the missing piece here.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

But this is ridiculous- every day, more speculation but no real news.
                      and that is part of the problem....no real news about much of anything....

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Let's get it over with; the quicker the better.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Lance Briggs might even be a reach as a parallel, since they still can't even figure out a charge for Lynch.

Briggs was ordered by a county court judge to perform 120 hours of community service. He was put under court supervision for a year and was fined $485.
                          Briggs received no penalty or sanction from the National Football League.

Sounds like Lynch has little to worry about, outside of his Mom yelling at him.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

Working...
                          X