PDA

View Full Version : Lynch Legal Problems Could Lead to Longterm Problems at OBD

coastal
06-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Let's make a few assumptions...

First - Marshawn Lynch was driving his car that night and was drinking (changes the whole ballgame from what I have read).

Second - The DA brings charges against Marshawn Lynch that includes DUI.

Third - There were other Buffalo Bills in the SUV, e.g. Steve Johnson, James Hardy, Robert Royal.

Fourth - The DA has no interest in accepting any plea bargain secondary to Marshawn's unwillingness to cooperate from day one.

What do you think is going to happen once they start interviewing his teammates? Are they going to lie for him? Are they going to put themselves in legal jeopardy for their teammate? Or are they going to look out for themselves and toss Marshawn aside?

It might be very easy for some of you to answer those questions. That's because you have never been exposed to the realities of the legal system. It's a more than intimidating place.

We'll have to see how this plays out, but you very well could see one Buffalo Bill testifying against another Buffalo Bill in a court of criminal law.

It's anyone's guess what something like that might do to the team, but I just don't see this going away quickly like some of you might be hoping for.

Mitchy moo
06-07-2008, 09:30 AM
Maybe they'll interview Marv and Ralph as well and take them to jail too. Heck the whole team needs to go down for this and we'll cancel the season.

coastal
06-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Don't blame me if you don't like the reality of the situation...

njsue
06-07-2008, 09:32 AM
YIKES :nervous:

Mitchy moo
06-07-2008, 09:53 AM

When did reality enter this thread??

Dr. Lecter
06-07-2008, 09:56 AM
I really don't see him being convicted or even charged with DUI since there was no evaluation of his condition at the time of the accident.

Cntrygal
06-07-2008, 09:59 AM
Here's an idea!!!!

It's kinda scary!!!! I'm not sure if the majority of you can handle it......

So take a really deep breath and open your mind before reading the next 20 words.........

Let's assume that the cops don't have enough actual evidence to prove anything, that's why he hasn't been charged yet.

M
06-07-2008, 10:00 AM

Let's not.

theanswer74
06-07-2008, 11:03 AM

Assumptions are not reality.

streetkings01
06-07-2008, 11:08 AM
You cant charge someone with a DUI without them actually failing the test or actually seeing them with possesion or under the influence of a drug!

streetkings01
06-07-2008, 11:10 AM
If the DA had something on him, he would've been charged already. Thats the main reason why his lawyer is telling him not to say anything, because he knows they got squat on him!

OpIv37
06-07-2008, 11:13 AM
I think it's a possibility but it's a remote possibility. There is a misdemeanor obstruction of justice charge in NYS and considering this is a one-time incident that only resulted in one person receiving minor injuries, that would be the worst possible charge they could levy on any other Bills player in the car.

On top of that, if other Bills players were there, it most likely would have come out by now.

DrGraves
06-07-2008, 11:29 AM
If the city of buffalo knows what is good for the city, they will just drop the charges and let him walk free. this city is in trouble if the bills are not sucessful this year.

gr8slayer
06-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Lynch won't serve any time and I doubt he even gets suspended.

JJamezz
06-07-2008, 11:39 AM
It might be very easy for some of you to answer those questions. That's because you have never been exposed to the realities of the legal system. It's a more than intimidating place.

You're obviously not a millionaire professional athlete.. Money has a way of making everything a lot less scary.

And no offense, but the DUI thing is ridiculous, a complete impossibility at this point.

YardRat
06-07-2008, 12:02 PM
It'll never get to court.

If Lynch truly was behind the wheel...

He'll plead to a lesser charge,
He'll settle out of court with the pedestrian for a nice little lump of cash,
He'll get an initial warning, with no suspension.

YardRat
06-07-2008, 12:04 PM
If Goodell puts the hammer down on Marshawn after letting those cheating bastards from NE walk with a slap on the wrist, he automatically becomes the biggest piece of **** commissioner ever.

Dr. Lecter
06-07-2008, 01:08 PM
If Goodell puts the hammer down on Marshawn after letting those cheating bastards from NE walk with a slap on the wrist, he automatically becomes the biggest piece of **** commissioner ever.

It is off the main subject, but NE's punishment was hardly a slap on the wrist. It was the largest punishment (in fines) permissible and they lost a 1st round pick.

Confused
06-07-2008, 01:21 PM
coastal, I thought you had more sense than this. There is no way lynch will be charged with any sort of DUI. The DA would have told us , definatley , by now that lynch had failed any sort of sobriety test, breathalizer, or drug test. Even if he did fail a drug test, there is no way to tell that he was under the influence at the time. I could afford a lawyer to get me out of that senario, I dont have accesss to Lynch's bank statements but I'd venture to guess he has a good lawyer.
The outcome of a hit n run charge is anyones guess but I'd bet the farm no DUI charges will be pressesed or implied in court. Even though he prolly was drunk.

gr8slayer
06-07-2008, 01:23 PM
It is off the main subject, but NE's punishment was hardly a slap on the wrist. It was the largest punishment (in fines) permissible and they lost a 1st round pick.
Though it would have been nice to see some sort of suspension since money is really no issue for the Patriots.

coastal
06-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Do you people realize that cops, especially the ones who wear suits (District Attorneys) hate it when people don't cooperate with an investigation?

A crime was committed where someone could have died.

Do you honestly think the DA is going to let Marshawn cop a quick plea and then sweep this whole thing under the rug just so Marshawn and the Bills can get on with their season without any distractions?

As far as everyone on here who is saying that there is no DUI charge without a Blood Alcohol Level... what if someone else in that car comes out and says that he/she was with Marshawn all night and he was loaded?

What if they come out and say that Marshawn drove away for fear of being charged with DUI?

The DA is just counting cards at this point. It's a matter of time before he starts knocking them down one at a time.

acehole
06-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Said this in another thread.

He will probably be sued.

Probably get a fine (From the law).

Probably suspended/fined by league or Bills or both.

Lose his licence...for a time.

A game or two off.

Move along nothing to see here.

First - Marshawn Lynch was driving his car that night and was drinking (changes the whole ballgame from what I have read).

Third - There were other Buffalo Bills in the SUV, e.g. Steve Johnson, James Hardy, Robert Royal.

Fourth - The DA has no interest in accepting any plea bargain secondary to Marshawn's unwillingness to cooperate from day one.

What do you think is going to happen once they start interviewing his teammates? Are they going to lie for him? Are they going to put themselves in legal jeopardy for their teammate? Or are they going to look out for themselves and toss Marshawn aside?

We'll have to see how this plays out, but you very well could see one Buffalo Bill testifying against another Buffalo Bill in a court of criminal law.

It's anyone's guess what something like that might do to the team, but I just don't see this going away quickly like some of you might be hoping for.

Mitchy moo
06-07-2008, 08:24 PM
What level should we pick his BAC to be at to charge him, 2.0 maybe? Think about what you are writing and the need for proof.

Do you people realize that cops, especially the ones who wear suits (District Attorneys) hate it when people don't cooperate with an investigation?

A crime was committed where someone could have died.

Do you honestly think the DA is going to let Marshawn cop a quick plea and then sweep this whole thing under the rug just so Marshawn and the Bills can get on with their season without any distractions?

As far as everyone on here who is saying that there is no DUI charge without a Blood Alcohol Level... what if someone else in that car comes out and says that he/she was with Marshawn all night and he was loaded?

What if they come out and say that Marshawn drove away for fear of being charged with DUI?

The DA is just counting cards at this point. It's a matter of time before he starts knocking them down one at a time.

coastal
06-07-2008, 09:18 PM
do you have to have a blood alcohol level in order to convict someone of DUI?

Just a question...

tampabay25690
06-07-2008, 09:23 PM

So how could he get a DUI anyway????

Its NY state its who you know and I mean that TRUST ME.........He may face something but will probably not jeopardize his playing time but WHO KNOWS.....

We will have to wait and see what happens....But the best thing that has been done for him.....IS HE HASN"T TALKED AT ALL!!!!!!!

VeggieMan14
06-07-2008, 09:31 PM
Why is everyone freaking out. Nothings happened yet wait and see. we all know what assuming does don't we It makes an ASS out of U and ME
And for you slow people out there that spells assume

Dr. Lecter
06-07-2008, 10:42 PM
do you have to have a blood alcohol level in order to convict someone of DUI?

Just a question...

No you do not.

But you need to have his condition evaluated. Which it was not.

Michael82
06-08-2008, 12:54 AM
Lynch won't serve any time and I doubt he even gets suspended.
you're back as gr8slayer again? Nice! :up:

Jan Reimers
06-08-2008, 07:06 AM
We know the very MOST he can be charged with is leaving the scene of a personal-injury accident, a misdemeanor for which first offenders are rarely jailed.

That's it. Let's not make it into something more.

PECKERWOOD
06-08-2008, 12:33 PM
Everybody will bite their tongue and say the right things to make this whole thing and the police go away. The only way Lynch gets busted is if they were lying and really do have him on tape driving the car or one of his teammates ratted him out.

DraftBoy
06-09-2008, 06:40 AM

"But...But...BB was drawn in quartered! He was not suspended for life and then assassinated and Im not happy yet!"

Some people have little to no grasp on the how harsh the Patriots punishment actually was. Mainly because they did trade for SF pick this previous year so they still had a 1st, but to be stripped of your 1st Round pick is a huge punishment and the gine of 500,000 to Belichek was a pretty big one for a coach who makes, I think, between 3 or 4 million a year.

But yes we are off topic with this.

coastal
06-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Morons.

acehole
06-09-2008, 05:35 PM
When did reality enter this thread??

When did reality enter this board?

coastal
06-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I wonder if MArshawn thinks this is all pretty real.

acehole
06-09-2008, 05:43 PM
"But...But...BB was drawn in quartered! He was not suspended for life and then assassinated and Im not happy yet!"

Some people have little to no grasp on the how harsh the Patriots punishment actually was. Mainly because they did trade for SF pick this previous year so they still had a 1st, but to be stripped of your 1st Round pick is a huge punishment and the gine of 500,000 to Belichek was a pretty big one for a coach who makes, I think, between 3 or 4 million a year.

But yes we are off topic with this.

500,000 is a lot yes.....but he made it back with his bonuses he made from cheating.

Dr. Lecter
06-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I wonder if MArshawn thinks this is all pretty real.

I am sure he does. Which is why he has the lawyer doing the talking. Unfortunately, they do not always give the best advice.

coastal
06-12-2008, 07:45 PM
When did reality enter this thread??Still think this thread has nothing to do with reality?

:oops:

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Silence is not always the answer