PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Tribune: Positive article on Marshawn's woes

okaydo
06-07-2008, 11:59 PM
LINK (http://www.insidebayarea.com/ci_9517147)

Is this columnist being too optimistic?

ParanoidAndroid
06-08-2008, 06:48 AM
It will take some time, but people will stop talking about this incident, and soon after, it will be forgotten. I'm willing to bet that this is not a pre-view of more ill behavior by Marshawn. Hopefully, he is smart enough to realize that he put himself in a bad situation....bars, alcohol, 3:30AM, driving.
In his interviews, he seems candid, respectful and humble. Hopefully, he tells the truth straight up and takes his lumps like a man.
I agree with the article.

Jan Reimers
06-08-2008, 07:01 AM
He's a young guy who is going to make mistakes. But he seems like a basically good kid who will learn from this, and hopefully will mature some and become a quality person.

HHURRICANE
06-08-2008, 08:16 AM
I think Marshawyn is lucky and I think this will pass but the writer might not want to give him that big a pass.

He did hit someone with a car after being out late drinking.

I don't want my kids kids using this guy as their role model, right now.

Mitchy moo
06-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I think Marshawyn is lucky and I think this will pass but the writer might not want to give him that big a pass.

He did hit someone with a car after being out late drinking.

I don't want my kids kids using this guy as their role model, right now.

When exactly is it going to be a good time for him to be a role model for anyone's kids ??

http://mikeresponts.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/marshawnlynch.jpg

raphael120
06-08-2008, 12:56 PM
I want to find out all the specifics of the ordeal, but one thing is sure...he couldve "dodged the bullet" by staying at the scene. His time to dodge the bullet has come and gone. He made a bad situation worse by leaving the scene. Honestly I think the chic AND the driver of the car were drunk.

Mitchy moo
06-08-2008, 01:37 PM
I want to find out all the specifics of the ordeal, but one thing is sure...he couldve "dodged the bullet" by staying at the scene. His time to dodge the bullet has come and gone. He made a bad situation worse by leaving the scene. Honestly I think the chic AND the driver of the car were drunk.

If he was driving & drunk at the time, I would safely say he did the right thing for himself by leaving the scene. It's not the right thing to do as a person but there was a much greater risk of vehicular assault charges if he was driving drunk and a myriad of other things they would of charges him with.

He also would of lost his license instantly and probably went to jail. So all in all, he needs to pay that lady for hurting her if he did it and plea down to a nothing charge and this is over. If I had a choice to get hit by anyone driving a car, I would say a pro-athlete in his Porsche is probably one of my first few choices as a victim.

ParanoidAndroid
06-08-2008, 05:43 PM
If he was driving, I doubt that a class A misdemeanor is going to be plead down any more. His sentence will be a fine and a period of public service like most professional athletes, since they "are in a position to be very helpful to the community."