PDA

View Full Version : LaMont Jordan locked out of camp

HughC
06-08-2008, 07:32 PM
The Raiders have locked LaMont Jordan out of mini-camp. Lane Kiffin - still Oakland's head coach despite Al Davis' attempt to force a resignation - said "We released LaMont from ... on the field activities." Sounds like the same thing Miami did to Daunte Culpepper. Then they told Jordan's agent that he was free to go out and seek a trade, but let's be realistic. What team is going to want to pick up a 29 year old career backup running back with a history of injuries and pay him $4.7 million?

Let me rephrase that; what team besides the Oakland Raiders would make that kind of a deal?

Contra Costa Times: Jordan's Raiders career about to end (http://www.contracostatimes.com/raiders/ci_9466921)

San Francisco Cronicle: Jordan becomes invisible; RB arrives but is not allowed on field (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/06/03/SPSG112EHO.DTL)

Oaf
06-08-2008, 07:38 PM
What idiots.

Confused
06-08-2008, 08:31 PM
They must plan on using their 1st round pick on another RB next year.

!Papacrunk!
06-08-2008, 10:32 PM
and why would a team want to trade for Jordan when they know that the Raiders have a whole bunch of RBs, especially with McFadden signed and ready to go. Expect to see him cut and since gas prices are so high, maybe Jordan and Shaun Alexander will carpool to job interviews, some of them may actually be for NFL teams.

Scumbag College
06-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Bring him in!

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 09:49 AM
God, for all the flaws Wilson has (and he has a ton) I'm glad he's not Al Davis. That guy has literally fallen off the deep end.

HughC
06-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Who would have figured two or three years ago that Shaun Alexander, Travis Henry and Cedric Benson would all be unemployed and unwanted today?

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:39 PM
Who would have figured two or three years ago that Shaun Alexander, Travis Henry and Cedric Benson would all be unemployed and unwanted today?
Alexander I saw coming but I didn't think Henry would be.

DynaPaul
06-12-2008, 05:07 PM
The Raiders way overpaid for him in the beginning anyway. I think the Jets got a good deal out of it. Typical Al Davis. Remember when he paid big bucks for the nickel corner who got the MVP in the Super Bowl for 2 gimme interceptions?