PDA

View Full Version : Does it need to be a Dynasty or can we be Giants?

Patrick76777
06-09-2008, 09:18 AM
So it sometimes seems that a few of the posters on this board are never satisfied. Almost as if they need perfection from this team. So it got me to thinking about what might satisfy these people and all Bills fans for that matter.

Don’t get me wrong, I would love a Patriot type dynasty, with 5-6 years of dominance and 2 to 3 Superbowl championships. But I realize that dynasty’s are few and far between and chances are they won’t happen.

I guess the big question is this. Would you be content with a 2007 Giants type season? Few major injuries, easy schedule, get hot at the right time, catch a few breaks in the playoffs and get a nice match-up and win a close Superbowl, maybe followed by 2 or 3 more average years?

Dujek
06-09-2008, 09:21 AM
All I want at the moment is one Super Bowl victory. After that we'll see, but I'm not looking beyond that.

Of course, the Bills have to make the playoffs first, and while they should get there this season there is nothing guaranteed.

THATHURMANATOR
06-09-2008, 09:21 AM
This would be fine with me.

Jan Reimers
06-09-2008, 09:22 AM
I'd be absolutely thrilled with ANY Super Bowl win.

Patrick76777
06-09-2008, 09:26 AM
That's what I figured. So an average team, that gets some luck and bounces and wins the big one will feel just as good?

OpIv37
06-09-2008, 09:32 AM
winning is winning.

A dynasty would be great, but 2-3 year periods of mediocrity interspersed with a great season here and there is much better than our current trend: 3-4 seasons of mediocrity interspersed with a 3-13 or 5-11 debacle.

justasportsfan
06-09-2008, 09:34 AM
sb win? Right now I'd be satisfied with a playoff appearance.

Romes
06-09-2008, 09:38 AM
That's what I figured. So an average team, that gets some luck and bounces and wins the big one will feel just as good?

The history of Buffalo sports has had so many bounces go against it that if it finally went our way I would not feel any less thrilled.

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 09:39 AM
I would be more than satisfied with one SB this year followed by a few years of mediocrity. Personally, I think it might be the only thing that will save the team from moving at this point.

Mr. Miyagi
06-09-2008, 09:41 AM
I'd be really happy with a St. Louis type experience.

Kick ass in one year, win the big one. Go back again next year and get upset. I'd being wililng to trade it for mediocrity in the following 5-6 years and even a 2nd overall pick season like they did last year.

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 09:42 AM
I'd be really happy with a St. Louis type experience.

Kick ass in one year, win the big one. Go back again next year and get upset. I'd being wililng to trade it for mediocrity in the following 5-6 years and even a 2nd overall pick season like they did last year.
Yeah, I'd love to flaunt my Bills gear here in Dallas just once as a champion.

OpIv37
06-09-2008, 09:45 AM
and honestly, I'm hoping this may be the strategy of the Bills' FO.

Stay out of cap trouble with "cash to cap," build through the draft, then when we're on the brink, spend on the missing pieces in FA even if it hoses the cap. Hopefully this gets us a Super Bowl.

Even if it works, it will result in starting over and a season or two of salary cap jail. but it would be well worth a Super Bowl ring. And considering we're in self-imposed salary cap jail anyway, it can't make all that much difference.

Patrick76777
06-09-2008, 10:23 AM
and honestly, I'm hoping this may be the strategy of the Bills' FO.

Stay out of cap trouble with "cash to cap," build through the draft, then when we're on the brink, spend on the missing pieces in FA even if it hoses the cap. Hopefully this gets us a Super Bowl.

Even if it works, it will result in starting over and a season or two of salary cap jail. but it would be well worth a Super Bowl ring. And considering we're in self-imposed salary cap jail anyway, it can't make all that much difference.

I couldn't agree more. And that's rare!