PDA

View Full Version : Sporting news: Offseason grades

The Answer
06-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Bills get 3rd best overall grade:

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=421164

B-plus
Buffalo Bills. Defensive tackle Marcus Stroud fills their need for a run stuffer-assuming he stays healthy -- and linebacker Kawika Mitchell is bigger than their recent starters on the weak side. Two rookies, cornerback Leodis McKelvin and wide receiver James Hardy, could start in Week 1.

~The Answer

The King
06-09-2008, 10:36 AM
:bf1:

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Sounds about right.

Pinkerton Security
06-09-2008, 10:46 AM
how did the vikes get such a good grade?? berrian isnt going to do jack, esp. with Jackson throwing to him. Allen is a stud and Williams is solid, but I dont think they had a better offseason than us.

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 10:50 AM
how did the vikes get such a good grade?? berrian isnt going to do jack, esp. with Jackson throwing to him. Allen is a stud and Williams is solid, but I dont think they had a better offseason than us.
I think they are banking on the fact that Jackson has another year in the system and if everything goes according to plan he should be in a good place to be a very solid player this year.

Also there's the Jarred Allen factor which is a force and Peterson has another year in the system as well. They are also more playoff ready than we are at this juncture.

Philagape
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM
As long as Jackson doesn't implode, I think the Vikes are a pretty good team. Solid O-line, beast D-line, star RB, improved WRs.

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 11:00 AM
As long as Jackson doesn't implode, I think the Vikes are a pretty good team.
Yup, they have the best DL and OL in the league too.

Philagape
06-09-2008, 11:04 AM
berrian isnt going to do jack, esp. with Jackson throwing to him.

As opposed to the star QBs he had in Chicago?

The Answer
06-09-2008, 11:05 AM

There is a lot of love for the Vikings because of:

1) All the Packers haters/critics are jumping ship because of Favre's retirement
2) Vikes have the best DL in football now with the addition of Jared Allen
3) Adrian Peterson is poised to become the best overall RB in the NFL
4) The NFC is still a weak conference overall

I think they are being a bit overhyped, but barring a complete disaster they should be no worse than a wildcard team in 2008.

~The Answer