• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Sporting news: Offseason grades

Bills get 3rd best overall grade:

The latest news, videos, scores and more on the biggest sports, including NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA, Soccer, Boxing, NASCAR and more with Sporting News

B-plus
    Buffalo Bills. Defensive tackle Marcus Stroud fills their need for a run stuffer-assuming he stays healthy -- and linebacker Kawika Mitchell is bigger than their recent starters on the weak side. Two rookies, cornerback Leodis McKelvin and wide receiver James Hardy, could start in Week 1.

~The Answer
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sporting news: Offseason grades

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Sounds about right.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

how did the vikes get such a good grade?? berrian isnt going to do jack, esp. with Jackson throwing to him. Allen is a stud and Williams is solid, but I dont think they had a better offseason than us.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by pinkdogg32
          how did the vikes get such a good grade?? berrian isnt going to do jack, esp. with Jackson throwing to him. Allen is a stud and Williams is solid, but I dont think they had a better offseason than us.
          I think they are banking on the fact that Jackson has another year in the system and if everything goes according to plan he should be in a good place to be a very solid player this year.

Also there's the Jarred Allen factor which is a force and Peterson has another year in the system as well. They are also more playoff ready than we are at this juncture.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

As long as Jackson doesn't implode, I think the Vikes are a pretty good team. Solid O-line, beast D-line, star RB, improved WRs.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
              As long as Jackson doesn't implode, I think the Vikes are a pretty good team.
              Yup, they have the best DL and OL in the league too.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

berrian isnt going to do jack, esp. with Jackson throwing to him.
                As opposed to the star QBs he had in Chicago?
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The Answer
                  The Plagiarist
                  • Mar 2007

There is a lot of love for the Vikings because of:

1) All the Packers haters/critics are jumping ship because of Favre's retirement
                  2) Vikes have the best DL in football now with the addition of Jared Allen
                  3) Adrian Peterson is poised to become the best overall RB in the NFL
                  4) The NFC is still a weak conference overall

I think they are being a bit overhyped, but barring a complete disaster they should be no worse than a wildcard team in 2008.

~The Answer

Comment

Working...
                  X