PDA

View Full Version : Connor Byrne: A Fond Farewell to Bills Fans

Don't Panic
06-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Say what you will about Realfootball365 (I know many around here who aren't fans), but I have always respected Connor Byrne and his opinions. Dude sees it pretty close to how I do, and I'll definitely miss his coverage. Here's his last Bills article:

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/11542

Covering the Buffalo Bills for RealFootball365.com for nearly the past three years has been a unique, enjoyable experience. Alas, today will be my final column for this great Web site. I have decided to pursue other career ventures as a writer; however, I will be remaining with RF365 in a behind-the-scenes capacity as one of its primary editors. On my way out the proverbial door, I'd like to heartily thank all Bills fans who have frequented this site during my 33-month span as the head columnist for their team, especially the ones who opine daily in the comments section beneath every article written. You're the lifeblood of this site, the people who make RF365 one of the best Internet destinations to find NFL- and NCAA-related football commentary.

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 09:40 AM
That sucks, it was always nice to read a positive article for once.

The Answer
06-09-2008, 10:40 AM
This is a bummer, I really enjoyed this RF365 and Connor's work and he was always very positive in his Bills articles. I will definitely miss reading his stuff on here but hopefully he continues to write NFL stuff in his future endeavors....

http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/11542

A fond farewell to Bills fans

Monday, June 09, 2008 | Posted by Connor Byrne

Covering the Buffalo Bills for RealFootball365.com for nearly the past three years has been a unique, enjoyable experience. Alas, today will be my final column for this great Web site. I have decided to pursue other career ventures as a writer; however, I will be remaining with RF365 in a behind-the-scenes capacity as one of its primary editors. On my way out the proverbial door, I'd like to heartily thank all Bills fans who have frequented this site during my 33-month span as the head columnist for their team, especially the ones who opine daily in the comments section beneath every article written. You're the lifeblood of this site, the people who make RF365 one of the best Internet destinations to find NFL- and NCAA-related football commentary.

In addition to the audience I've been so grateful to have cultivated during my time here, I'd also like to thank the brothers Guzman, Hugo and Alex, who run this site and make it a fun company to work for. They took a chance when they hired me in September of 2005, and I have great appreciation for that. Of course, I'd also be remiss if I didn't say thanks to the numerous fan-run Bills sites and message boards that regularly linked the columns I wrote and helped drive traffic to this still-young, but ever-growing site.............

~The Answer

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Already posted.... But yeah it does suck, I enjoyed his articles.

RockStar36
06-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Merged...

Michael82
06-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Damn, that sucks. I hope someone negative and crappy doesn't take over. :ill:

patmoran2006
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Im going to take over.

Don't Panic
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Anthony Bialy will be the Bills writer. He was/is so-so.

The Spaz
06-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Im going to take over.

Church's Chicken is hiring? Just kidding...lol :up::beers:

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Im going to take over.
Isn't the idea to get more readers not drive them away? :biggrin:

patmoran2006
06-09-2008, 01:41 PM
Nope..

I am going to be as popular as Wysguy is with ya'll.

patmoran2006
06-09-2008, 05:02 PM
BTW.
I'm totally joking.

best of luck to Connor.. I know you don't make **** writing for sites like real football.. But you do get a shot to get your name out there. Hopefully he moves on to something bigger; that pays him some of that perverbial cash.

Night Train
06-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Good riddance. Another wannabe blogger with a vivid imagination.

CYA !

SABURZFAN
06-09-2008, 09:32 PM
anybody hear from Mark Weiler lately? :candle:

TigerJ
06-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Weiler made a batch of super hot wing sauce and cooked himself from the inside out. What a terrible way to go. I didn't mind Byrne too much. Sometimes he seemed to have a great flair for the obvious. I like his prediction for the Bills' record this year. It matches mine. I won't mind if I'm off and the Bills win 11 or 12.

Albany,n.y.
06-10-2008, 05:57 PM
Anthony Bialy will be the Bills writer. He was/is so-so.
Damn, I wanted a bagel, not a bialy.