PDA

View Full Version : OTA Notes: Offense Cicks In Red Zone

The Spaz
06-09-2008, 02:18 PM
On a hot, but windy Monday at Ralph Wilson Stadium there weren�t a lot of noteworthy plays during 11-on-11 work for the offense or the defense in the Bills� Monday OTA session, but things did perk up for the offense in 7-on-7 from the 25-yard line.

With third down a focus during the 7-on-7 period Buffalo�s offense made some plays. On the third play of the series Trent Edwards found Fred Jackson for a touchdown reception. A few plays later when the second unit rotated in J.P. Losman hit Felton Huggins with a bullet pass for a score.

The first unit then rotated back in and Edwards hooked up with James Hardy for the most well executed play of the day. The timing of the play was perfect as Edwards fired a strike over the middle to Hardy who got a step on his defender and caught the pass in stride for a touchdown on a post pattern.

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6139

HHURRICANE
06-09-2008, 02:20 PM
That Losman and Huggins tandem should be scary good.

justasportsfan
06-09-2008, 02:28 PM
“I feel with the repetition and with everyone getting on the same page and getting our chemistry down now I feel we’ll do fine,” said Hardy. “There are little things we have to clean up, but that’s normal this time of year.”

How the hell would he know?

Oaf
06-09-2008, 02:51 PM
That Losman and Huggins tandem should be scary good. ?

Mitchy moo
06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
That Losman and Huggins tandem should be scary good.

Lol.:respect:

Jan Reimers
06-09-2008, 02:58 PM
“I feel with the repetition and with everyone getting on the same page and getting our chemistry down now I feel we’ll do fine,” said Hardy. “There are little things we have to clean up, but that’s normal this time of year.”

Coachspeak.

The Answer
06-09-2008, 03:00 PM
On a hot, but windy Monday at Ralph Wilson Stadium there weren�t a lot of noteworthy plays during 11-on-11 work for the offense or the defense in the Bills� Monday OTA session, but things did perk up for the offense in 7-on-7 from the 25-yard line.

With third down a focus during the 7-on-7 period Buffalo�s offense made some plays. On the third play of the series Trent Edwards found Fred Jackson for a touchdown reception. A few plays later when the second unit rotated in J.P. Losman hit Felton Huggins with a bullet pass for a score.

The first unit then rotated back in and Edwards hooked up with James Hardy for the most well executed play of the day. The timing of the play was perfect as Edwards fired a strike over the middle to Hardy who got a step on his defender and caught the pass in stride for a touchdown on a post pattern.

Nice to see Hardy and Edwards finding chemistry early - they are going to be a lethal combination in the redzone, and if Hardy makes plays it's going to free up Evans downfield.

~The Answer

acehole
06-09-2008, 03:01 PM
This is good news....we are moving away from that
"Non Redzone Offense" one of our posters coined.

I am suprised J Hardy can run so well with that gun holster on........

The Answer
06-09-2008, 03:06 PM
This is good news....we are moving away from that
"Non Redzone Offense" one of our posters coined.

I am suprised J Hardy can run so well with that gun holster on........

He better get used to it - Trent is gunslinger and will be firing bullets to him for years to come.

~The Answer

mysticsoto
06-09-2008, 03:25 PM
Nice to see Hardy and Edwards finding chemistry early - they are going to be a lethal combination in the redzone, and if Hardy makes plays it's going to free up Evans downfield.

~The Answer

Agreed. Hardy's place to shine should be in the endzone. He should be able to outjump the average DB for a ball each and every time. Edwards just needs to get used to high high he can go and how fast he is. If he develops quickly...teams are going to have a hard time dealing with the Evans/Hardy duo...which do you double team? The speedster or the tall/outjumping WR ? And who comes across the middle when you do? (all our RBs catch well). I love the possibilities on mismatches that they should be able to create and exploit. With Fairchild gone, there's no excuses anymore...

justasportsfan
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
With Fairchild gone, there's no excuses anymore...
maybe Turk will be the new excuse.

Crisis
06-09-2008, 04:21 PM
He better get used to it - Trent is gunslinger and will be firing bullets to him for years to come.

~The Answer

I'm a big Trent fan but this post is just gay. Turn in your man card.

acehole
06-09-2008, 09:17 PM

Just a shot in the dark?

Badaboom