PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Gray released - possible back up QB option?

The Answer
06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
This is actually a pretty surprising move, considering how Gray performed in relief duty for the Jags last year and he was just signed as a FA by the Texans this spring:

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4365

For the statmongers - Last year Quinn Gray had 10 TD's, 5 Int's, 986 yards (including two 300+ yard passing days), and an 85.6 QB rating last year in relief of David Garrad. He also posted a 2-3 record as starter and his career passer rating is 88.5

http://www.nfl.com/players/quinngray/profile?id=GRA766862

He's only 29 and is definitely a capable veteran. IF Losman is traded or released in the coming weeks would you be interested in signing him? (Please don't turn this into a Trent vs JP thread either)

~The Answer

gr8slayer
06-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I would welcome him in, he has the tools to be a good #2 or #3.

justasportsfan
06-09-2008, 03:34 PM
(Please don't turn this into a Trent vs JP thread either)

~The Answersomeones password got stolen.

The last buffalo fan
06-09-2008, 03:49 PM
The Last Buffalo Fan is missing the old answer. :ill:

DraftBoy
06-09-2008, 04:11 PM
I think he'd be a great pickup

Al the Bills Fan
06-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Great pickup if we can grab him, depending on what kind of money he wants

Marvelous
06-09-2008, 06:48 PM
holy crap bro!!! Why do you start so many threads? Are you makiing a thread about every topic form TWOBILLSDRIVE??

-Sorry in advance if your doing a job for the site or something..

--No black QB's in Buffalo! We've made it this far without the lame gimick QB's. & that's all speed QB's are...If we're talking a Mcnair or Moon then sweeeet..

DraftBoy
06-09-2008, 10:53 PM
holy crap bro!!! Why do you start so many threads? Are you makiing a thread about every topic form TWOBILLSDRIVE??

--No black QB's in Buffalo! We've made it this far without the lame gimick QB's. & that's all speed QB's are...If we're talking a Mcnair or Moon then sweeeet..

Excuse me??

BlackMetalNinja
06-10-2008, 06:48 AM
Marvelous, congrats on the stupidest post I've read in quite some time! :bf1:

I think Gray would be a great option as a backup. Though I'm not sure if he'd be any better than Losman at this point since Losman would know the offense and personnel. If we were to get rid of Losman, I'd definitely like to see Gray come in.

gr8slayer
06-10-2008, 10:24 AM

Pure and utter ignorance.

dannyek71
06-10-2008, 11:30 AM
I hope he was trying to be sarcastic.....

I'd love to see him here too, but you have to wonder why a team with such a weak QB core like Houston dumped him so quickly?

DraftBoy
06-10-2008, 11:30 AM

I'd love to see him here too, but you have to wonder why a team with such a weak QB core like Houston dumped him so quickly?

Im an idiot.

gr8slayer
06-10-2008, 11:32 AM
He played for Jacksonville...
Yeah but he was released from Houston who picked him up earlier in the off-season.

DraftBoy
06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
Yeah but he was released from Houston who picked him up earlier in the off-season.

Damn I missed that..

I edited my post to reflect such.

The Answer
06-10-2008, 12:35 PM

Apparently they thought they were going to lose Sage Rosenfells, that is why they signed Gray. But they kept Rosenfells and feel he is the better back up QB.

I think Gray is better, but I'm always going to be apprehensive when it comes to signing former Jaguar QB's given this franchise's history.....

~The Answer

Marvelous
06-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Wait a sec guys.. Maybe i worded that poorly..But having a run 1st QB is a matter of prefference..I'm against that kind of QB.. & Black QB's are 90% like that..So i'm stereotyping black QB's as mobile..Relax folks..

Scumbag College
06-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Bring him in!

HughC
06-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Rob Johnson isn't available?

http://www.billsdaily.com/images/01pics/season/johnsonnehurt.jpg