PDA

View Full Version : No Info Exchanged Between Lynch's Attorney, D.A.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-09-2008, 06:00 PM
The attorney for Bills tailback Marshawn Lynch sat down with the Erie County District Attorney's office Monday, but he gave no information about the hit and run accident involving Lynch's vehicle last weekend.

Attorney Michael Caffery met with the D.A.'s office for less than 15 minutes. Erie County District Attorney Frank Clark says Caffery wanted a precondition to saying anything about the case; Clark wasn't willing to make any sort of deal. At that point, Caffery told Clark it was in Lynch's best interest to remain silent.

"At some point we may give a statement," Caffery told the media afterwards. "At this point we're early on in the case, and I'm here to protect my client's rights as I would in any case, so we're just gonna have to go forward."

"You don't make the deal and then get the information," said Clark. "You give the information and then you make the deal. So apparently our idea of how that scenario plays out is different."

Clark also said today he wasn't sure the investigation would wrap up in the next few days, mainly because he's waiting to hear from the passengers in Lynch's vehicle during the hit-and-run. If they refuse to speak up, Clark said, they may be called to speak in front of a grand jury.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=58323

Confused
06-09-2008, 06:03 PM
I need this dude to represent me next time I run a-foul of the law. He's good.

X-Era
06-09-2008, 06:06 PM
I need this dude to represent me next time I run a-foul of the law. He's good.

Or any old lawyer will work as long as your not famous

Mitchy moo
06-09-2008, 06:29 PM
You have enough coin, he'll work for you. Famous means zero, rich means everything.