PDA

View Full Version : Guys relax, we are talking a class A misdemeanor with a slap on the wrist at BEST

X-Era
06-09-2008, 06:05 PM
Or worst depending on your outlook on life:

http://www.deadlyroads.com/laws/new-york-hit-and-run-laws.shtml#plate

You can browse through the lingo if you like but heres a snap shot. To be a felony, the driver would have had to have seriously injured (not treated and released) the victim or would have had to kill them.

Its a class A or B misdemeanor with a fine as the sentence

Statue of limitations is 2 years

Jan Reimers
06-09-2008, 08:16 PM
I've said this several times. It appears that the worst Lynch can be charged with is leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, a Class A misdemeanor with a maximum 1 year jail sentence.

First time offenders rarely get jail time.

While it is not known what the NFL might do, even if Marshawn pleads or is convicted of this, Lance Briggs received no sanctions for the slightly lesser offense of leaving the scene of a property damage accident.

Captain gameboy
06-09-2008, 08:29 PM
His lawyer will plead not guilty by reason of job performance requirements.

"Judge. He is an NFL running back. He is supposed to hit and run."

"Dismissed."

The Spaz
06-09-2008, 08:31 PM

"Dismissed."

:clap::lol:

jamze132
06-10-2008, 04:33 AM

"Dismissed."
That is very witty...

Nice!

X-Era
06-10-2008, 06:11 AM
I've said this several times. It appears that the worst Lynch can be charged with is leaving the scene of a personal injury accident, a Class A misdemeanor with a maximum 1 year jail sentence.

First time offenders rarely get jail time.

While it is not known what the NFL might do, even if Marshawn pleads or is convicted of this, Lance Briggs received no sanctions for the slightly lesser offense of leaving the scene of a property damage accident.

Your probably right on the max of 1 year, but I didnt see that.

Regardless, I predict he is likely to get a hefty fine and MAYBE community service thats it.

jamze132
06-10-2008, 06:15 AM
I highly doubt he sees any jail time.

Now that his lawyer has met with the DA, I'm intersted to hear the attorney's thought process. Does he really think it's in his clients best interest to keep their mouths shut and drag this thing out and possibly make any punishment handed down more strict?

!Papacrunk!
06-10-2008, 07:35 AM
WWMD--What Would Marv Do?