X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dajesus
    • Jul 2002

Your Corners

On another website that I guess I can' talk about I got in to it with some of you about your corners, and all I kept hearing was how great they can tackle. Well i just bought in to it since for the first time in 4 years I only saw 3 Bills game. That was untill my freind Muck sent me a link with some NFL highlights on it. 2 Of them happend to be from the last game of the season for Buffalo and Miami. I completely forgot about these 2 plays, but I laughed so hard when I rewatched them. the first was a 16 yards TD screen pass that James Mcknight caught. After catching the ball he put a juke on Nate Clements that took your great tackaler off his feet on his way to the td. The 2nd was a 20+ TD run by Jay Feidler. After escapeing the pocket the only Bill that had a chance at Jay was Winfeild, but Jay put a juke on him that almost gave him whip lash on his way to the dirt before Jay stutted in for 6. If that is great tackleing I would hate to see what bad is.
    Drew Bledsoe the most overated career rated 76 passer ever! PS 3-13 Baby!
  • DrewBlue11
    Jeffblue19, True Blue fan
    • Jul 2002

Oh wow, let's dive in to the embarrasments that i'm sure every player on your team had last year. Give me a break. Even great athletes and great players have their embarrasing moments during the season. Even the gold glove winners in baseball get an error or two. I'm sure i could find a few instances when Surtain or Madison got run over, or burned or thrown to the ground by a running back, receiver or whatever. To look at a few plays and try to say our corners are bad...that's a laugh.
    Mark My Word...This team is building...they're on their way up...they're coming back. Buffalo Bills...2003 AFC East Champions.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Bills have solid starting CBs in Winfield and Clements. Watson is a very capable #3....depth behind him is the problem.

Comment

• Doblerone
        Rookie Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Hey, lay off our Coroners!

Comment

• Dajesus
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlue11
          Oh wow, let's dive in to the embarrasments that i'm sure every player on your team had last year. Give me a break. Even great athletes and great players have their embarrasing moments during the season. Even the gold glove winners in baseball get an error or two. I'm sure i could find a few instances when Surtain or Madison got run over, or burned or thrown to the ground by a running back, receiver or whatever. To look at a few plays and try to say our corners are bad...that's a laugh.
          I beg you to rewatch these plays. I honestly can't remember seeing anyone in the NFL getting burnt this bad, at least not since Barry Sanders played. I am not saying they are bad I just found it quite funny since all I hear is how great they are at tackleing. getting bulled over is one thing, but getting straight up juked out of your socks is quite a different story.
          Drew Bledsoe the most overated career rated 76 passer ever! PS 3-13 Baby!

Comment

• clumping platelets

I remember Moulds burning your corners on a number of occasions

Comment

• clumping platelets

..that is when he's not being held

Comment

• dolfan25
                Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
                • Jul 2002

It's only holding if it's called

Comment

• Wys Guy
                  Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                  • Jul 2002

I was just trying to think back in those two playoff losses, you know, that 27-0 trouncing by Oakland and that 63-7 thrashing by Jax a couple of years ago in the playoffs to see if I could think of when your corners broke down.

But danged if I just can't remember much from those games...

Perhaps if I review the other recent Phin PO performances I'd remember more!

Or is that P-U performances...?!?
                  Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Miami at Bills last season.......I seem to remember Moulds breaking tackles and going all....the....way for 80 yds

I'll hafta look at the replay :)

Comment

• Muck
                      • Jul 2002

Hey, nobody claimed that our CBs were such great tacklers. You guys did.

You guys are just jealous that you haven't been in the playoffs to get the opportunity to whip us. You're too busy taking 34-7 beatdowns from us in Week 17. :)

Comment

• Wys Guy
                        • Jul 2002

So you're proud that you whupped up on a 3-13 team?

Well, I suppose you gotta take what you can get to build up the old self esteem...

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Wys Guy
                          • Jul 2002

BTW, what happened in week 11?

Box score for the Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills NFL game from November 25, 2001 on ESPN. Includes all passing, rushing and receiving stats.

What's that? You say the mighty Alex Van Pelt whupped up on your boys for over 300 yards and 3 TDs and you only won the game against one of the worst teams in the league by a last second TD off of an error by one of our guys...

Ya don't say! That's surely something to be proud of!!!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• Muck
                            • Jul 2002

Sam Madison didn't play that game. And the 80-yard TD was all Moulds. But Jay Fiedler had 262 yds and 3 TDs against you're stellar secondary. Pitch and catch. Dude, NONE of your CBs could have stopped Chambers on those TDs. Hell, Nate Clements couldn't stop Gadsden. So don't even try it. Playing in Buffalo is still playing in Buffalo.

What happened in Week 17 when Sam played?? Nothing. Shutdown in every aspect.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I seem to remember the Bills playing a lot of young players week 17. Miami should have won the game

Miami last 5 playoff games: record 0-5 outscored 162-16

Comment

Working...
                              X