PDA

View Full Version : Your Corners

Dajesus
07-17-2002, 12:23 AM
On another website that I guess I can' talk about I got in to it with some of you about your corners, and all I kept hearing was how great they can tackle. Well i just bought in to it since for the first time in 4 years I only saw 3 Bills game. That was untill my freind Muck sent me a link with some NFL highlights on it. 2 Of them happend to be from the last game of the season for Buffalo and Miami. I completely forgot about these 2 plays, but I laughed so hard when I rewatched them. the first was a 16 yards TD screen pass that James Mcknight caught. After catching the ball he put a juke on Nate Clements that took your great tackaler off his feet on his way to the td. The 2nd was a 20+ TD run by Jay Feidler. After escapeing the pocket the only Bill that had a chance at Jay was Winfeild, but Jay put a juke on him that almost gave him whip lash on his way to the dirt before Jay stutted in for 6. If that is great tackleing I would hate to see what bad is.

DrewBlue11
07-17-2002, 12:29 AM
Oh wow, let's dive in to the embarrasments that i'm sure every player on your team had last year. Give me a break. Even great athletes and great players have their embarrasing moments during the season. Even the gold glove winners in baseball get an error or two. I'm sure i could find a few instances when Surtain or Madison got run over, or burned or thrown to the ground by a running back, receiver or whatever. To look at a few plays and try to say our corners are bad...that's a laugh.

clumping platelets
07-17-2002, 12:37 AM
Bills have solid starting CBs in Winfield and Clements. Watson is a very capable #3....depth behind him is the problem.

Doblerone
07-17-2002, 12:37 AM
Hey, lay off our Coroners! http://www.inquire.net/quincy/images/mt2_1026.gif

Dajesus
07-17-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by DrewBlue11
Oh wow, let's dive in to the embarrasments that i'm sure every player on your team had last year. Give me a break. Even great athletes and great players have their embarrasing moments during the season. Even the gold glove winners in baseball get an error or two. I'm sure i could find a few instances when Surtain or Madison got run over, or burned or thrown to the ground by a running back, receiver or whatever. To look at a few plays and try to say our corners are bad...that's a laugh.

I beg you to rewatch these plays. I honestly can't remember seeing anyone in the NFL getting burnt this bad, at least not since Barry Sanders played. I am not saying they are bad I just found it quite funny since all I hear is how great they are at tackleing. getting bulled over is one thing, but getting straight up juked out of your socks is quite a different story.

clumping platelets
07-17-2002, 12:45 AM
I remember Moulds burning your corners on a number of occasions

clumping platelets
07-17-2002, 12:45 AM
..that is when he's not being held

dolfan25
07-17-2002, 01:14 AM
It's only holding if it's called

WG
07-17-2002, 01:14 AM
I was just trying to think back in those two playoff losses, you know, that 27-0 trouncing by Oakland and that 63-7 thrashing by Jax a couple of years ago in the playoffs to see if I could think of when your corners broke down.

But danged if I just can't remember much from those games...

Perhaps if I review the other recent Phin PO performances I'd remember more!

Or is that P-U performances...?!?

clumping platelets
07-17-2002, 01:23 AM
:chuckle:

Miami at Bills last season.......I seem to remember Moulds breaking tackles and going all....the....way for 80 yds

I'll hafta look at the replay :)

Muck
07-17-2002, 01:31 AM
Hey, nobody claimed that our CBs were such great tacklers. You guys did.

You guys are just jealous that you haven't been in the playoffs to get the opportunity to whip us. You're too busy taking 34-7 beatdowns from us in Week 17. :)

WG
07-17-2002, 01:41 AM
So you're proud that you whupped up on a 3-13 team?

Well, I suppose you gotta take what you can get to build up the old self esteem...

:D

WG
07-17-2002, 01:47 AM
BTW, what happened in week 11?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=211125002

What's that? You say the mighty Alex Van Pelt whupped up on your boys for over 300 yards and 3 TDs and you only won the game against one of the worst teams in the league by a last second TD off of an error by one of our guys...

Ya don't say! That's surely something to be proud of!!!

;)

Muck
07-17-2002, 02:00 AM
Sam Madison didn't play that game. And the 80-yard TD was all Moulds. But Jay Fiedler had 262 yds and 3 TDs against you're stellar secondary. Pitch and catch. Dude, NONE of your CBs could have stopped Chambers on those TDs. Hell, Nate Clements couldn't stop Gadsden. So don't even try it. Playing in Buffalo is still playing in Buffalo.

What happened in Week 17 when Sam played?? Nothing. Shutdown in every aspect.

clumping platelets
07-17-2002, 02:34 AM
I seem to remember the Bills playing a lot of young players week 17. Miami should have won the game :rolleyes:

Miami last 5 playoff games: record 0-5 outscored 162-16 :chuckle:

SABURZFAN
07-17-2002, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
Bills have solid starting CBs in Winfield and Clements. Watson is a very capable #3....depth behind him is the problem.

not if k.thomas has something to say about it.he could pass watson in the depth charts.

:gobills:

clumping platelets
07-17-2002, 05:41 AM
I don't think he'll beat Watson out for the 3rd CB

John Doe
07-17-2002, 06:30 AM
Dajesus: Weren't you the guy who claimed that Zack Thomas had 90 more tackles than London Fletcher? You have no credibility.

bills_phan
07-17-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by clumping platelets
I seem to remember the Bills playing a lot of young players week 17. Miami should have won the game :rolleyes:

Miami last 5 playoff games: record 0-5 outscored 162-16 :chuckle:
That has got to be one of my favorite all time stats! 162-16! WHAT A JOKE!!! How can you even talk smack? That's an average of 32.4 ppg that your over-rated defense gave up like a bunch of $5 ho's! And speaking of over-rated, how about that 3.2 ppg average that your high-flying Dolphin offense put up when it really mattered! Hey, at least they're consistant! Even when the Bills are bad you can always count on Miami for a good laugh in the playoffs! But hey, at least you have good corners.

BillsNYC
07-17-2002, 09:25 AM
[i]
Miami last 5 playoff games: record 0-5 outscored 162-16 :chuckle: [/B]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phins054
07-17-2002, 09:26 AM
Lets look at the facts shall we...

Yes, our past performance in the playoff losses over the last 5 years are terrible...162-16 is proof enough. Yes the losses were embarassing blowouts. BUT...we have made the playoffs 5 straight years...current longest streak I believe.

Also...the Bills should NOT be throwing stones about blowout losses. I seem to remember a few of the biggest Super Bowl blowouts coming at the expense of the Bills. 0-4 in the big dance leaves something to be desired I am sure. What probably makes it worse for you is that you SHOULD have won the first one you were in...Honestly, you were the better team. But who knew Norwoods "wide right" would be the start of the futility to come:confused:

Lets face it...BOTH of these franchises have things to be ashamed of...BUT they both also have a rich history to be proud of as well...

clumping platelets
07-17-2002, 10:30 AM
I never thought I'd see a Fishy fan make sense ;)

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 10:30 AM
"That's an average of 32.4 ppg that your over-rated defense gave up like a bunch of $5 ho's!"

No way bills phan you can't even score that easy on $5 ho's!!! $2 ho's maybe but not $5 ho's.

angneli
07-17-2002, 11:37 AM
are we still talking about corners? 'cause if we are than thurmanators post is really funny.

gonzo1105
07-17-2002, 11:51 AM
Ok ok i have to say something here this might get quite lengthy so bear with me. The Bills and Dolphins fans constantly complain. Miami always picks on our Super Bowl losses and we pick on their recent success in the playoffs. Now this is what i find funny from the Dolphin fan perspective. The Dolphin fans have always came back with the its better to get there then to be blown out. And hey they have some credibility to say it. Yes and in week 17 against the Dolphins we played the game with Travis Brown as our QB. Now back to this better to get there then be blown out. See you guys say its better to get there then to be bad every year right. Well think of this the Dolphins are right and the Bills fans are right. The dolphins have made the playoffs only to get blown out every year while Buffalo hasn't made the playoffs. But this better to get there thing bothers me. You guys say hey thats better so why do Dolphin fans constantly bother us about our 4 super bowl losses. I remember at least 3 times when Buffalo beat Miami to get to the next round or the superbowl. So truly it is better to get there then to lose every year. So i just thought i would put in my thoughts here. Just everybody rememeber Bills and Dolphins fans it is better to get there and not win then to not win at all

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 12:03 PM
Yeah ang we are talking about street corners right??

John from Hemet
07-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Let me see if I have this straight.....

You are bagging on our corners because of a couple of plays that you saw? Now maybe you dont know this but I will enlighten you....being a great player is not about not getting burned. EVERY player gets burned...it is about being consistant over the course of a 16 game season....

By that same token...your corners must really suck....you guys keep getting burned in the first round of the playoffs every year....and they must REALLY suck since you double cover Eric Moulds and still cant get it done.....

BillsNYC
07-17-2002, 12:09 PM
fiedler looks like the kid on the cover of mad magazine...i think that says it all.

THATHURMANATOR
07-17-2002, 12:11 PM
Wys thinks Fiedler is going to make the pro bowl this year.

The_Philster
07-17-2002, 03:35 PM
I think Wys was joking, Thurm....at least I hope he was. :D

missphin_2001
07-17-2002, 06:32 PM
I think Wys was joking, Thurm....at least I hope he was.

Oh come on, Wys might be serious. He was serious last season when he said that R.J. would make it.

;)

Just teasin ya Wys!

BillsMan80
07-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Ask Frank Wycheck or Tom Brady how well Winfield and Clements hit and tackle. Or Michael Roan for that matter.

Shiny Chicken
07-17-2002, 07:50 PM
I really don't think we have anything to worry about with winfield and clements... they're both young, you've gotta remembert that too

angneli
07-18-2002, 10:14 AM
Ask Jimmy Smith how good Clements is.

eyedog
07-18-2002, 10:18 AM
i wouldn't trade our two corners for any other two in the league. winf. @ clem. are both young and are coming into their prime. they both could be in the pro bowl very soon.

The_Philster
07-18-2002, 04:55 PM
I agree angneli and eyedog.

Clements all but shut down Jimmy Smith and, combined with Winfield, makes part of one of the top CB duos in the NFL.....and they'll only get better. :)