PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Spencer Johnson play at all?

xXSpIkes5IXx
06-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I feel like Spencer is our offseason aquisition that has flown way under the radar. Before he got hurt in OTA's he was getting the majority of the 1st team reps next to Marcus Stroud.

He was overshadowed in Minnesota by Kevin and Pat Williams, but it seems one teams junk could be another teams treasure in this situation. We may have found ourselves a real player, and with it one heck of a defensive tackle rotation

Anyone seen him in games?

Pride
06-09-2008, 07:33 PM
No, but in all honesty, I want to see him in as a DE in our defensive run package. I think he's too small to be a run stuffing DT, but he might just be a great run stuffing DE in this defense!

bigbub2352
06-09-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes i have seen him in games, he plays like a small bull, he is someone who isnt out of position much and plays hard real hard to the whistle, his biggest contribution is he is very stout agianst the run, and he will help on the 3rd and short situations that he found ourselves gettting blown off the ball against last year

hydro
06-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I must have missed him getting injured. Probably posted in those OTA threads. What is the injury?

Jan Reimers
06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
I must have missed him getting injured. Probably posted in those OTA threads. What is the injury?
Hamstring, but he's participating in the OTAs again.

Mitchy moo
06-09-2008, 09:27 PM
Hamstring, but he's participating in the OTAs again.

cool, thx.

B-DON
06-10-2008, 02:14 AM
I catch alot minnesota games living in minneaoplis and i can tell you he doesnt play much but goes all out when he does. All the vikings fans i know say he will be a very solid player for us.

mysticsoto
06-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I was suprised and impressed that we got him, and that we got him so cheaply also. I also loved it b'cse we will need another DT in case Stroud goes down with injury - though thankfully our rotating style should help diminish that possibility. Can't wait to see our D in action this year. Without injuries, it should be an excellent D and against new Olines like Miami, they should dominate with ease...

The last buffalo fan
06-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I was suprised and impressed that we got him, and that we got him so cheaply also. I also loved it b'cse we will need another DT in case Stroud goes down with injury - though thankfully our rotating style should help diminish that possibility. Can't wait to see our D in action this year. Without injuries, it should be an excellent D and against new Olines like Miami, they should dominate with ease...

Relax FTP, he is only joking................Oh Lord, here we go again!!

gr8slayer
06-10-2008, 11:32 AM
I have...

mysticsoto
06-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Relax FTP, he is only joking................Oh Lord, here we go again!!

I am joking?

Actually, I'm looking forward to hearing FTP's excuses this year and to see him pick the stats that make his team seem better than us...regardless of wins.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 10:55 AM
I am joking?

Actually, I'm looking forward to hearing FTP's excuses this year and to see him pick the stats that make his team seem better than us...regardless of wins.
Hey man who was their big FA this year.............. Oh yeah! Ernest Wilford! Just like every "big FA" that Miami picks up he will lead them to a title this year just like Joey Porter did, Saben did, Culpepper did, Feeley did, Ricky Williams did........

CAbills
06-11-2008, 11:21 AM
Come on Chad Henne is leading them to the Superbowl this year duhh...

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
I am joking?

"Silly Bills fan"

W1DER1GHT
06-11-2008, 04:34 PM
I totally forgot we picked him up.

There is just so much going on with this team....Peters, Evans, and Crowell contracts, Hardy and his dad, Lynch and his car, Parrish and his DUI, and now the public address announcer serving minors....who has time to keep up with actual football!!!:sarcasm2:

theanswer74
06-11-2008, 04:40 PM
I had to have seen him play because I watched a few Vikings games. I just don't remember seeing him.