X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

“Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now”

I see how heated the QB debate gets almost every time. IMHO, we each have probably spent enough of our time looking at QB stats. That is just what we do sometimes. But, it is in an effort to find out what is best for our team. Not that any of us have a say in the matter. And, not that we know more about football then Fairchild or Turk. But because we are all big fans.

I mean, we all want our favorite team to win. We all look at things from a different point of view. We all come in from different experiences. I mean, we could get all psychological about it. For a not-so-deep example, maybe one guy just doesn't like change. Maybe the other guy is a risk taker. Is either wrong? No. Just different. And, I am not assessing either of these two qualities to the supporters of either QB. Because again, looking at it from each perspective, each QB is both.

Some are pessimistic. Some are optimistic.

I am just saying a person’s personality can influence which QB they think will succeed more. It might be based on regular positive and negative reinforcement from everyday regular life. We may draw similarities between our experiences, and the experiences and actions of either QB.

Maybe one QB just reminds you of you.

I try to see if from different views. In fact, I see your point. I see a lot of points from a lot of posters. No need to go over them. Some just feel TE showed promise. Some feel they just spent too much time thinking JP was going to do more. Some feel let down. Some can relate to having cards stacked against them. Some believe in not giving up on a guy too soon. Who is right? No one can know.

So, in the end it is just a simple difference of opinion. Only one thing is going to prove either right. Time.

I am sick of helping people understand that if you’re a Bills fan, and you think Trent Edwards is the savior, you don’t have to hate JP Losman. People celebrate differently. People greave differently. I suppose people are going to be fans differently.

I am sick of correcting people when they claim a fabricated stat as fact when it is simply not the case. Mostly because I am sick of staring at the actual stats and reporting them.

Now, for the record, I don’t have any one poster in mind when I type this except myself. If you want to stare at stats, or fabricate them, or hate a QB on your favorite team, then no one can stop you. It’s just that IMO, if you want to cut JP because you hate him, and role with Hamden as the number two, then I don’t think you are all the fan you think you are.

My point is, I don’t think TE supporters are all young. I don’t think they are all fickle. Just like I don’t think JP supporter are gay. We can all just be Bills fans with different perspective, and different opinions. And, I am not trying to be on a high horse, because I throw a healthy subtle jab from time to time. My point is to tell you I will try and do better. I will try to not get so adamant. Because I love the game, and I am pretty sure you do. And, if we have a difference of opinion, that is all it has to be.

"Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Re: “Serenity now, serenity now, serenity now”

Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla *****
      • Jul 2002

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Great Post, yordad.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Captain gameboy
          • Jul 2002

And serenity, from an NFL coaching staff's frame of reference, comes from having confidence and relative predictability in it's quarterback.

Getting the starting job is all about being able to convince the staff that you can deliver predictable performance beyond a certain threshold.

Being unpredictable but successful requires extreme talent, and there are few Brett Favre's that succeed for long.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by gameboy

And serenity, from an NFL coaching staff's frame of reference, comes from having confidence and relative predictability in it's quarterback.

Getting the starting job is all about being able to convince the staff that you can deliver predictable performance beyond a certain threshold.

Being unpredictable but successful requires extreme talent, and there are few Brett Favre's that succeed for long.
            Yep. And, I think the same can go for the coaches. Maybe they are drawing from not all football related experiences. Well, of course they are. Is it there main contributing factor? I doubt it. But, with the pros and cons with each QB, it could be a deciding factor, and they probably don't even know it.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

totally agree. I do like Edwards and want him to start over JP, just as a personal opinion. I do, however, also like JP and think he could be a good football player, in the right situation.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                • Jul 2002

Excellent post!
                Originally posted by notacon
                The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

Working...
                X