PDA

View Full Version : Paul Hamliton says a good number of our WRs SUCK! Too many dropped balls.

blackonyx89
06-10-2008, 08:20 AM
Read or listen to his thoughts at the 4:04 mark. Not good, but it's way early in the practices, but that's not very promising and a lot of these guys are bums.

http://wgr.everyzing.com/viewMedia.jsp?res=258669407&dedupe=1&col=en-all-pod_wgr-ep&index=1&e=20129673&playIndex=1&il=en&num=5&s=PZSID_0001268190;The+Howard+Simon%20+Show&start=0&expand=true&match=none&y=0&filter=0&x=0

hydro
06-10-2008, 08:23 AM
I heard him this morning too. He said it was mainly the guys trying to make the team and that Hardy has missed a few along with Parrish but that it wasn't as bad as the camp fodder.

He did say that Steve Johnson looks the best out of all of them :up:

Mitchy moo
06-10-2008, 08:37 AM
I heard him this morning too. He said it was mainly the guys trying to make the team and that Hardy has missed a few along with Parrish but that it wasn't as bad as the camp fodder.

I hope Steve makes the team, we need gamers to hunt for the ball.

hydro
06-10-2008, 08:39 AM

Paul Hamilton is not one to give credit where it isn't due and he said Johnson was the one that has stood out during OTA's. To me that is a glowing indorsement. He even said that the way things are looking, they might just as well put johnson at the #5 spot and not even worry about making it a competition :lol:

bigbub2352
06-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Hamilton is nothing but negative when covering either the sabres or the bills, i am sorry but i dont think i am alone when i say that WGR needs to upgrade its sports personalities, Schop and the Bulldog are absolutly awful and cocky to no end, and Hamilton is also extrememly cocky and makes u feel like he is doin u a favor by not eating while giving u his take on watching walk thrus

Sorry i put very little stock into anything those 3 have to say, i think Dennis Williams should be the one covering the Bills, and also we should do the afternoon show and find him a side kick and get rid of the non sports watching *******s they got now
i really cant stand them

gr8slayer
06-10-2008, 10:39 AM
Wouldn't our entire offense qualify as "sucking" considering we've finished around 30th in the league the past how many years?

Bill Brasky
06-10-2008, 10:42 AM
i'm so glad what this no-talent assclown has to say - in early june - carries no weight on actual team performance.

bigbub2352
06-10-2008, 10:48 AM
paul hamilton looks like a dead fish, and his buddies schop and the assclown are both useless

raphael120
06-10-2008, 11:01 AM
Whoa whoa whoa...you're mad because Schopp, Bulldog and Hamilton aren't kissing the Bills asses and giving ringing endorsements?

What have the Bills done in the past 9 years that have been noteworthy to talk positive about? Not a whole hell of a lot. More often than not, the Bills deserve the criticisms theyve recieved from many fans and sports talk hosts alike.

Bulldog I know is excited about the upcoming season and Hamilton is your normal Buffalo sports fan who is very reluctant to give into the hype when many people have done it offseason after offseason only to be dissapointed

hydro
06-10-2008, 11:04 AM
Whoa whoa whoa...you're mad because Schopp, Bulldog and Hamilton aren't kissing the Bills asses and giving ringing endorsements?

What have the Bills done in the past 9 years that have been noteworthy to talk positive about? Not a whole hell of a lot. More often than not, the Bills deserve the criticisms theyve recieved from many fans and sports talk hosts alike.

Bulldog I know is excited about the upcoming season and Hamilton is your normal Buffalo sports fan who is very reluctant to give into the hype when many people have done it offseason after offseason only to be dissapointed
It is called an objective perspective. I don't agree with everything they say but it is nice that they aren't shoveling a pile of B.S. the whole time. People complain about Chris Brown being a homer and these guys being negative. Which way would you like it?

RockStar36
06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
It is called an objective perspective. I don't agree with everything they say but it is nice that they aren't shoveling a pile of B.S. the whole time. People complain about Chris Brown being a homer and these guys being negative. Which way would you like it?

60% homer
40% realistic/negative

hydro
06-10-2008, 11:44 AM
60% homer
40% realistic/negative

The closest person to that would probably be Dennis Williams. I do agree with bub about him. He can certainly be a homer but he isn't around to make the team look better than it is.

bigbub2352
06-10-2008, 11:57 AM
It is one thing to be objective and another to not know what they are talking about some or most fo the time, if you talk to schop and the bulldog and it is not there exact opinion they try and make the callers feel dumb and usually insult the caller, as for Hamilton everytime he comes one he makes it sound like he is doing us a favor by covering the Bills, all three suck sorry i here them everyday and i cant stand them

hydro
06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
That is the problem though. They get good ratings so nothing will ever change. People complain about these guys all the time, me included, but nothing will ever come of it because we still listen.

Al the Bills Fan
06-10-2008, 12:02 PM

I agree with Skooby! I am really pulling for this kid to make the team.

Al the Bills Fan
06-10-2008, 12:05 PM
Hamilton is nothing but negative when covering either the sabres or the bills, i am sorry but i dont think i am alone when i say that WGR needs to upgrade its sports personalities, Schop and the Bulldog are absolutly awful and cocky to no end, and Hamilton is also extrememly cocky and makes u feel like he is doin u a favor by not eating while giving u his take on watching walk thrus

Sorry i put very little stock into anything those 3 have to say, i think Dennis Williams should be the one covering the Bills, and also we should do the afternoon show and find him a side kick and get rid of the non sports watching *******s they got now
i really cant stand them

Not a big fan of Hamiltion either, he is the biggest Eeyore on the face of the planet when it comes to Buffalo sports.

RockStar36
06-10-2008, 12:07 PM
The closest person to that would probably be Dennis Williams. I do agree with bub about him. He can certainly be a homer but he isn't around to make the team look better than it is.

I've heard him recently on WGR on the way to work. Isn't he a local sports guy on tv? And I'm assuming Howard is just using up vacation time?

hydro
06-10-2008, 12:08 PM
I've heard him recently on WGR on the way to work. Isn't he a local sports guy on tv? And I'm assuming Howard is just using up vacation time?

He lost his job or quit (not sure which) at WGRZ and now either subs in or has his own show at 7pm.

raphael120
06-10-2008, 12:17 PM
It's just the hypocrisy.

You guys will scour the internet and give every half baked article written by ANYONE whether qualified and informed or not and post it on here because it has positive opinions on the Bills....no one questions them...but then the moment someone is pessimistic, and rightfully so, then they get blasted. They're called idiots.

But the people who say the Bills are awesome, they'll make the playoffs, theyre the smartest people ever, they MUST know what theyre talking about!

Well I tell ya what, the people who in the past 8 years who have said that the Bills will make the playoffs, they're the ones who look like idiots now because they've been WRONG. And for as much crap as people gave Wys, go back and read his articles, theyre closer to the truth than most of the other crap people have read about the Bills in the past. People just dont' want to be reminded of how piss poor our favorite football team is. But still, its one thing to just not pay attention to grounded in reality negative coverage and it's another to say "NO YOURE STUPID!!!"

raphael120
06-10-2008, 12:18 PM
It is one thing to be objective and another to not know what they are talking about some or most fo the time, if you talk to schop and the bulldog and it is not there exact opinion they try and make the callers feel dumb and usually insult the caller, as for Hamilton everytime he comes one he makes it sound like he is doing us a favor by covering the Bills, all three suck sorry i here them everyday and i cant stand them

Have you listened to the callers? most of them ARE dumb dude.

hydro
06-10-2008, 12:19 PM
Have you listened to the callers? most of them ARE dumb dude.
You got that right :ill:

Not to mention, when someone has a valid point they easily give the person credit.

raphael120
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
BTW i dont understand the uproar about what hamilton said...he was saying the undrafted WR's suck and have been dropping balls left and right. I mean...that's not opinion...it's fact. That and the offense has been sloppy, missed assignments...again...fact...not opinion.

PromoTheRobot
06-10-2008, 12:37 PM
You have to remember that WGR spins what it says for maximum controversy. The suits are always telling Schopp and the Dope how to poke sticks at the sports fans so they're growling when they call in. I take anything I hear on WGR with a block of salt. I'm curious if Brad Riter at WECK has credentials to cover the Bills?

PTR

Buckets
06-10-2008, 12:43 PM
Who the hell is Paul Hamilton?

bigbub2352
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
not gonna argue that ALOT of the callers are DUMB, but some that arent that call about giving there insight on bills and sabres are usually treated like they are dumb, when they are making valid points, If the caller doesnt agree with the point of almighty bulldog or schop they get hung up on, this is the one reason i dont call in, because i dont want to have to drive down there and slap those two idiots around, when they are to busy talking about traffic and american idol and all the other crap they talk about, or not understanding MMA,

they truely dont follow what the Bills and Sabres do they just read off the labtop and watch sportcenter like the rest of us, they dont go to the camps and Hamilton for that matter is always negative about the teams even when the sabres were making run for the cup same ****

they need to get some people on the air to breath life into those shows and get a commentator who isnt rehashing what he saw at an OTA while staing his deck or eating a sandwhich

Bill Brasky
06-10-2008, 01:36 PM

not really. i don't care that they're full of negativity on a 24/7/365 basis. what turns me off is how they come across as so much smarter/better than anyone who listens or tries to convey a point to them. they might be opinionated, which is often code for "shortsighted and often failing to see the other side of the fence".

hosting a sports call in show doesn't make them more knowledgeable than anyone. i guess i have a problem with 3 shortsighted bafoons speaking on behalf of a million+ sports fans.

raphael120
06-10-2008, 01:39 PM
You have to remember that WGR spins what it says for maximum controversy. The suits are always telling Schopp and the Dope how to poke sticks at the sports fans so their growling when the call in. I take anything I hear on WGR with a block of salt. I'm curious if Brad Riter at WECK has credentials to cover the Bills?

PTR

Whose more of an idiot? Schopp or the people who continually listen to him and ***** about him all the time?

justasportsfan
06-10-2008, 01:42 PM
not really. i don't care that they're full of negativity on a 24/7/365 basis. what turns me off is how they come across as so much smarter/better than anyone who listens or tries to convey a point to them. they might be opinionated, which is often code for "shortsighted and often failing to see the other side of the fence".

hosting a sports call in show doesn't make them more knowledgeable than anyone. i guess i have a problem with 3 shortsighted bafoons speaking on behalf of a million+ sports fans.
It's a MB on the air.

raphael120
06-10-2008, 01:43 PM
they truely dont follow what the Bills and Sabres do they just read off the labtop and watch sportcenter like the rest of us, they dont go to the camps and Hamilton for that matter is always negative about the teams even when the sabres were making run for the cup same ****

theyre required to watch the games, so i dont know what youre talking about. more often than not theyve been pretty accurate...for a sports station that only has 2 pro sports teams to talk about compared to about 4 other cities do, they do a damn good job at making their shows entertaining.

ddaryl
06-10-2008, 02:15 PM
I think this is being overblown...

most of the WR's he is talking about are players none of us expect to make the team anyways.

Hardy has had a few drops and so has Parrish, but overall the names he is refering to were basically long shots anyways.

Hopefully by the time they get to camp they'll be sharper.

Ingtar33
06-10-2008, 02:37 PM
they might be opinionated, which is often code for "shortsighted and often failing to see the other side of the fence"

no... that's not analogous with opinionated.

someone who fails to see the other side of the fence (empathize)... would be more analogous with a sociopath on the extreme end, or simply intellectually dishonest (close minded) when we're not talking about pathologies.

opinionated is someone with firm beliefs.

they can be either close minded, or open... and it can be a pejoratively or a compliment depending.

As to WGR, it's actually fairly good as far as most sports talk radio tends to be. frankly i find most of it boring. WGR, tends to be fairly entertaining.

Bill Brasky
06-10-2008, 02:41 PM
As to WGR, it's actually fairly good as far as most sports talk radio tends to be. frankly i find most of it boring. WGR, tends to be fairly entertaining.

unless the caller is a GRADE A jackass, i find no entertainment in cutting off callers or butting in with an opinion before they can even get the point across. that was the main reason i stopped listening to them.

justasportsfan
06-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Aha! Now we know they lie and the Chris Browns reports are more acurate. The O is Humming :ill:

Bill Brasky
06-10-2008, 03:26 PM
ha

YardRat
06-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Paul Hamilton sucks. If he didn't, he wouldn't be working for GR.

Night Train
06-10-2008, 07:06 PM

I also heard Josh Reed was catching everything in site by several local media types.

I'm not worried about WR at all.

PromoTheRobot
06-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Whose more of an idiot? Schopp or the people who continually listen to him and ***** about him all the time?
Trust me. I avoid listening to WGR 99% of the time. But where else can you get any Buffalo sports news? I usually stick with the Audio Vault where interviews tend to be more even.

PTR

yordad
06-10-2008, 10:25 PM
Bigbub, did you call there and get insulted?

All I know is, I didn't watch any OTAs. I'm leaning toward thinking this guy is more creditable then Chris Brown. And, probably the only other eyewitness of OTAs I have heard.

What motivation would he have to call out WRs by name and say he would cut them right now?

I was hoping for better, objective news about Hardy though.

justasportsfan
06-11-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm leaning toward thinking this guy is more creditable then Chris Brown. .
Chris and the bills are trying to sell more tickets. :up:

acehole
06-11-2008, 08:47 AM
Wouldn't our entire offense qualify as "sucking" considering we've finished around 30th in the league the past how many years?

That is all the qb's fault....although a few of you said the wr's make the qb...

I dont know what to think.

Look at it this way.....no where to go but up...heeh?

bigbub2352
06-11-2008, 09:01 AM
Bigbub, did you call there and get insulted?

All I know is, I didn't watch any OTAs. I'm leaning toward thinking this guy is more creditable then Chris Brown. And, probably the only other eyewitness of OTAs I have heard.

What motivation would he have to call out WRs by name and say he would cut them right now?

I was hoping for better, objective news about Hardy though.

no i dont call in i dont like to talk about american idol or the rise of gas prices, or what movies they watched the night before, or only to talk about the sabres as schop and bulldog can only talk about, sorry