X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • okaydo
    • Mar 2007

DA: Lynch unlikely to go to jail

“It depends on the circumstances,” Clark said. “Under normal circumstances, it would be quite unusual that a person charged with that would go to jail.”

Meanwhile, over at PFT, Mike Florio writes:

In our view, then, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell should summon Lynch to the league office immediately, and Goodell should interrogate Lynch on whether he was or wasn’t driving. If Lynch fails to make the trip or if he refuses to answer the question once he gets there, then Goodell should immediately suspend him unless and until he owns up to his conduct, either by confessing to Goodell or to Clark.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: DA: Lynch unlikely to go to jail

I agree.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

No disagreement here but legally speaking I dont know that Goodell can. I sincerely doubt Upshaw and the NFLPA would stand for that kind of action by the Comissioner.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

There is still no proof ML was driving, so I cannot see how admitting his guilt or not is in anyone's best interest. If he was driving, get the lady season tickets and a check for $400,000 for her trouble. If not, go pound sand and sue his insurance company.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

That is bull****.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

So the law says you don't have to speak so you don't incriminate yourself... but the NFL on the other hand should make him talk? Kinda lousy logic in my opinion.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Agreed 100%

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

Goodell is going to let the law run the course in meantime. I don't think he can just force Marshawn to talk when the DA and the police can't get him to talk.

I really think if this was a serious enough situation or if there proof beyond a doubt that he was behind the wheel there already would have been a warrant issued.

D & S Sports

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                  So the law says you don't have to speak so you don't incriminate yourself... but the NFL on the other hand should make him talk? Kinda lousy logic in my opinion.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• Stewie
                    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                    • Aug 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    No disagreement here but legally speaking I dont know that Goodell can. I sincerely doubt Upshaw and the NFLPA would stand for that kind of action by the Comissioner.
                    As I learned while researching the Lynch case, as of the first day of the 2007 league year the commish can suspend anyone who is guilty of conduct detrimental to the league.

Now, I'd argue that this is pretty much status quo for the NFL, and therefore is no more detrimental than other situations. However, it's not my job to argue with the commish.
                    Originally posted by Topdog
                    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                    Originally posted by mercyrule
                    I love Weiner.
                    Originally posted by mercyrule
                    also cheese

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

In our view, then, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell should summon Lynch to the league office immediately, and Goodell should interrogate Lynch on whether he was or wasn’t driving. If Lynch fails to make the trip or if he refuses to answer the question once he gets there, then Goodell should immediately suspend him unless and until he owns up to his conduct, either by confessing to Goodell or to Clark.
                      this is ******* hilarious. the NFL should be a policing body now? where does it stop? it's not good enough answering to the judicial system or the police, they now have to answer to their employer in addition. get bent.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by paulB
                        As I learned while researching the Lynch case, as of the first day of the 2007 league year the commish can suspend anyone who is guilty of conduct detrimental to the league.

Now, I'd argue that this is pretty much status quo for the NFL, and therefore is no more detrimental than other situations. However, it's not my job to argue with the commish.
                        I wasn't referring to a suspension I was referring to the article saying that Goodell would force him to talk via interrogation. The NFL has no authority to do so.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by okaydo
                          “It depends on the circumstances,” Clark said. “Under normal circumstances, it would be quite unusual that a person charged with that would go to jail.”

Meanwhile, over at PFT, Mike Florio writes:
                          PFT absolutely HATES players getting in trouble, hence why they post a "days since the last arrest" counter.

No, Lynch doesnt HAVE to go talk to the commissioner. What will happen is he will be ASKED to go and talk to them IF there is no trial and the commissioner has no formal evidence. Then, Lynch should go and tell him what he knows to show good faith.

Chances are good little will come out of this.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            this is ******* hilarious. the NFL should be a policing body now? where does it stop? it's not good enough answering to the judicial system or the police, they now have to answer to their employer in addition. get bent.
                            why not? These guys are public figures. They are role models to children. Although Goodell would not be the best person to be talking about the integrity of the league after the Pats tape cover-up.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• streetkings01
                              • Jul 2006

I would tell Goodell to eat me if tried telling me to do something different than what my paid lawyer is telling me!
                              You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
                              X