PDA

View Full Version : Extraordinary moment aside, Tyree would be a good inconspicuous Bill

The Answer
06-10-2008, 12:31 PM
http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/11552

Extraordinary moment aside, Tyree would be a good inconspicuous Bill

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 | Posted by Anthony Bialy

Adding Super Bowl stars is a tricky proposition. Players from Larry Brown and Desmond Howard up to Dominic Rhodes have seduced new teams into tendering fantastic contracts based on splendid championship performances before quickly proving to be one-hit wonders. That said, the fact that some who got a bigger payoff than a ring after winning the Lombardi Trophy fade faster than the Baha Men doesn’t mean that all of the game’s (http://www.realfootball365.com/index.php/articles/bills/11552#) clutch performers will flop in new cities.

The perfect case in point could be David Tyree, a Super Bowl superhuman who is nonetheless rumored to be a potential candidate for release from the New York Giants. That would be like thanking Santa for all the presents before telling him to please not come back next Christmas; regardless of the circumstances, the Bills should latch on to him the same way he vice-gripped that famous ball if he becomes available..................

~The Answer

FlyingDutchman
06-10-2008, 01:26 PM
pass, no pun intended. Im happy with Evans and Hardy (assuming he plays like we think hes capable). Also with Reed, Parrish and the potential of Johnson, I dont see the point of bringing this guy in to battle to make the team.

raphael120
06-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I think we have plenty of special teams guys. BTW that guy tries a little bit too hard to be witty.

Mad Max
06-10-2008, 03:36 PM
No thanks. Many mediocre players have one or two spectacular plays (games) in their careers. Tyree just happened to have his moment of glory in the right game.

Let Snyder, or Jones obscenely overpay him.

The Answer
06-10-2008, 04:31 PM
I think we have plenty of special teams guys. BTW that guy tries a little bit too hard to be witty.

If this is the guy that replaced Connor Byrne than that wouldn't surprise me -as long as he don't start bashing the bills regularly I could care less about his commentary.

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
06-10-2008, 06:18 PM
I saw Tyree play a lot of games at Syracuse and he's a damned good receiver. I think he'd battle for the 3rd spot with us.