PDA

View Full Version : Peters Not At Mandatory Minicamp

The Spaz
06-11-2008, 10:08 AM
Bills Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters did not attend any of the team's voluntary offseason training activities over the past four weeks. It was anticipated that would change come Wednesday when the Bills mandatory minicamp got underway.

It didn't.

Peters was not on hand to practice with his teammates at One Bills Drive as the three-day tuneup for training camp ensued. Bills head coach Dick Jauron when asked as recently as last Friday if he expected him to report on Wednesday this week answered in the affirmative.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6142

Romes
06-11-2008, 10:09 AM
http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=6142

uh-oh, here we go...

raphael120
06-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Hardy's incident, Lynchs' hit and run, Evans' contract, now Peters is holding out....

OpIv37
06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Hardy's incident, Lynchs' hit and run, Evans' contract, now Peters is holding out....

yeah the wheels are coming off and the season hasn't even started yet.

This team can never catch a ****ing break.

justasportsfan
06-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Urlacher showed up . Peters should've been there.

bigbub2352
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
UNbelievable, ****ing Greed, realitsically he has had 1 good season, just signed a contract EXT in 06, and is gonna make 4 million this year, no loyality at all to the team that made him into the player he is today, remeber folks UDFA TE out of ARK that means passed on by everyone

This is what is wrong with the NFL and there scum agents

Play ball u big dumbass, prove u can stay healthy for a season, cause he hasnt yet, and also that u can play a back to back probowl season before u asked to be paid like the elite, a year after u signed a nice lucrative deal

IN the end he will get what he wants, and i think it sucks, but i am glad he is a BILL, but a greedy one like his overratted buddy Schobel

The King
06-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Ohhhhhhh poop.

The Spaz
06-11-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=154124

Jan Reimers
06-11-2008, 10:20 AM
The Hardy incident turned out to be a non-issue, Evans' contract is not a problem yet, and the Lynch thing has not been resolved. Peters' not being there is a problem, but the sky isn't falling just yet.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 10:21 AM

I don't know if I would go that far but ****, this is annoying.

raphael120
06-11-2008, 10:23 AM
Well the Bills ****ed themselves on this one by making him one of the least paid one on the oline when he's the only one who went to the pro bowl. Dockery and Walker are making more than him right now, so thats why he's pissed...and also why last year when we signed Kelsay to a richer contract than Schobel, Schobel got pissed and they had to rework a contract with him.

The Bills have a difficult situation in having to overpay for some FA's therefore pissing off the guys who were drafted by Buffalo and are being paid cheaper. So not only does Buffalo have to overpay for FA's, but they then, in turn, have to shell out more money for their own guys to keep everyone happy.

raphael120
06-11-2008, 10:24 AM
Could you imagine going into the regular season without Lynch for 4 or more games AND without Peters???

Can you say 7-9?

theanswer74
06-11-2008, 10:25 AM

I hope offseason frustration leads to regular season happiness.

The last 8-9 years offseason's have been a smooth ride, but the regular season was bumpy. I hope this is a change for the good.

The Spaz
06-11-2008, 10:25 AM
Could you imagine going into the regular season without Lynch for 4 or more games AND without Peters???

Can you say 7-9?

Or less!:sad:

shelby
06-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Poop on a stick.

Threads merged.

OpIv37
06-11-2008, 10:28 AM

Can you say 7-9?

oh we'd be a LOT worse than 7-9 in that situation. No Peters and Lynch on a 4 game suspension pretty much guarantees 0-4, and some of the easier teams on our schedule are in that first 5 week span before the bye. The O is bad enough with Peters- if we lost him for the season and Lynch for 4 games, double digit losses are quite possible.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 10:29 AM

I don't think "catching a break" qualifies here, all those issues are self inflicted. The Bills spend some of the money they're hording and there are 2 issues resolved, the powers that be do a little better job drafting character and that resolves the other half of the problem. It's not about bad breaks, it's about bad decisions.

OpIv37
06-11-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't think "catching a break" qualifies here, all those issues are self inflicted. The Bills spend some of the money they're hording and there are 2 issues resolved, the powers that be do a little better job drafting character and that resolves the other half of the problem. It's not about bad breaks, it's about bad decisions.

and if we had drafted differently then we'd have less talent. It's a lose- lose situation.

justasportsfan
06-11-2008, 10:32 AM
It isn't self inflicted. It was inflicted by those who voted for the CBA which automatically gave almost everyone a raise.

Talk about bad decisions, Wayne voted for the CBA and then voted against it.

Dr. Lecter
06-11-2008, 10:34 AM
There is no reason at this time to give Peters the money they are hoarding. Get Evans extended and then Crowell. Move onto Peters next.

I can understand (sometimes) when a players does this with one year left on a deal. Peters has three and has had one very good season.

You want the Bills to work with you then maybe he should work with them and get is UDFA ass into camp and show some good faith.

patmoran2006
06-11-2008, 10:36 AM
He's 26. He's a Pro Bowler. He's arguably one of the top 3 younger offensive tackles in the NFL. Great left tackles don't grow on trees, ask the Bills offense what happened when he got injured late last year.

He's only the third highest paid OL on the Bills TEAM, and he is far outperforming his contract. Oh one last thing, we got a ton of Cash to Cap room. Isn't this what it's supposed to be for?

Fix it, and fix it quickly.

mysticsoto
06-11-2008, 10:37 AM

Peters situation likely depends on how the contract talks go with Evans. They can't do it all at the same time and are probably waiting to settle and finalize their contract talks with Evans before they move on to Peters and see what is left and what they can do for him. I expect this will be addressed, I'm just hoping they can iron out a deal with Evans soon...

patmoran2006
06-11-2008, 10:40 AM
They have the money, even with this "cash to cap" philsophy, to extend Evans, Crowell AND Peters, all at once, in a matter of a few hours, if they choose.

It's about a total committment to winning. Let's see if this organization has turned the corner when it comes to that.

I can't find a reason in the world not to have Crowell and Evans extended, and to give Peters the typ of salary he'll deserve for years to come.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 10:42 AM
and if we had drafted differently then we'd have less talent. It's a lose- lose situation.
How do you figure? Who's to say you wouldn't have drafted better? Obviously the WR class wasn't great or this wouldn't have been the first draft in the modern Era not to have a WR go in the first round. The Bills could have upgraded their WR position in FA and then focused on Dline early in the draft, to me that would have been the smarter way to go for the Bills. You also don't have a complete Oline, you could have focused on that aswell. Skill position is one that is only important when you have both lines resolved. I think your DE need to be better, so I think going after a WR especially as early as the Bills did was not the right move for them.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 10:45 AM
He's 26. He's a Pro Bowler. He's arguably one of the top 3 younger offensive tackles in the NFL. Great left tackles don't grow on trees, ask the Bills offense what happened when he got injured late last year.

He's only the third highest paid OL on the Bills TEAM, and he is far outperforming his contract. Oh one last thing, we got a ton of Cash to Cap room. Isn't this what it's supposed to be for?

Fix it, and fix it quickly.

Didn't Peters only miss part of the final game last year?

Mitchy moo
06-11-2008, 10:46 AM
How do you figure? Who's to say you wouldn't have drafted better? Obviously the WR class wasn't great or this wouldn't have been the first draft in the modern Era not to have a WR go in the first round. The Bills could have upgraded their WR position in FA and then focused on Dline early in the draft, to me that would have been the smarter way to go for the Bills. You also don't have a complete Oline, you could have focused on that aswell. Skill position is one that is only important when you have both lines resolved. I think your DE need to be better, so I think going after a WR especially as early as the Bills did was not the right move for them.

What does the draft have to do with this situation?? Let's stay on topic and avoid the trolls.

patmoran2006
06-11-2008, 10:47 AM
missed the Philly game, and played hurt after injuring his groin vs the NYG. He's irreplacable on this offense, even more than Lynch, Edwards or Evans

The Answer
06-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Bills Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters did not attend any of the team's voluntary offseason training activities over the past four weeks. It was anticipated that would change come Wednesday when the Bills mandatory minicamp got underway.

It didn't.

Peters was not on hand to practice with his teammates at One Bills Drive as the three-day tuneup for training camp ensued. Bills head coach Dick Jauron when asked as recently as last Friday if he expected him to report on Wednesday this week answered in the affirmative.

No surprise here - at least Peters is showing his true colors. Who is his agent now Drew Rosenhaus?

~The Answer

mysticsoto
06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
They have the money, even with this "cash to cap" philsophy, to extend Evans, Crowell AND Peters, all at once, in a matter of a few hours, if they choose.

It's about a total committment to winning. Let's see if this organization has turned the corner when it comes to that.

I can't find a reason in the world not to have Crowell and Evans extended, and to give Peters the typ of salary he'll deserve for years to come.

Lee might be asking for alot more than we think...

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 10:51 AM
Your logic is flawed, we went out and addressed our DL issues via FA; thus we had what we needed to go out and draft a WR.

I'm not sure where you get off saying we don't have a complete OL, Center is the only area of the five where there is something that resembles a question mark in any way.

So again, your idea that we don't have both sides of the line addressed is flawed and simply not factual.

hydro
06-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Didn't Peters only miss part of the final game last year?

So? It was easy to see the difference in the little time he was gone.

OpIv37
06-11-2008, 11:01 AM
There is no reason at this time to give Peters the money they are hoarding. Get Evans extended and then Crowell. Move onto Peters next.

I can understand (sometimes) when a players does this with one year left on a deal. Peters has three and has had one very good season.

You want the Bills to work with you then maybe he should work with them and get is UDFA ass into camp and show some good faith.

All good points, however none of them alleviate the possibility of Kirk Chambers being our starting LT.

Peters has this team by the balls and he knows it.

Also there is a good reason to give Peters the money- he's the third highest paid lineman on the team and obviously he's the most important. Good teams aren't the ones that refuse to shell out money. Good teams are the ones that invest in players that perform, like Peters.

bigbub2352
06-11-2008, 11:02 AM
All comes down to no team loyality what so ever, and for him to have 1 season under his belt as a probowler shows what the NFL is now a joke

OpIv37
06-11-2008, 11:06 AM
All comes down to no team loyality what so ever, and for him to have 1 season under his belt as a probowler shows what the NFL is now a joke

well the lack of team loyalty is due to FA and the CBA. Players are going to be much more loyal to a team if they know there's a good chance they'll spend their whole career there. Now, switching teams in FA is the way to cash in- where's the players' motivation to be loyal?

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Your logic is flawed, we went out and addressed our DL issues via FA; thus we had what we needed to go out and draft a WR.

I'm not sure where you get off saying we don't have a complete OL, Center is the only area of the five where there is something that resembles a question mark in any way.

So again, your idea that we don't have both sides of the line addressed is flawed and simply not factual.

You resolved your Dline with one player who hasn't done much the last three years? What about DE? Sure the Bills paid a lot of money to their DE's the last two seasons, but does that mean the position is fixed? I don't think so. The Bills would have been better off doing thing the opposite of what they did. In FA go after WR, in the draft go after Dlline and Oline. You'll get more production out of a young lineman then you will out of a young WR. This years draft was by far better for linemen then WR...BY FAR!

bigbub2352
06-11-2008, 11:10 AM
well the lack of team loyalty is due to FA and the CBA. Players are going to be much more loyal to a team if they know there's a good chance they'll spend their whole career there. Now, switching teams in FA is the way to cash in- where's the players' motivation to be loyal?

i agree with u about FA, and the CBA, 100%, but when 32 teams pass up on u, and u get cut and the signed by a team and they see the potential in him to be great and take the time to groom him into a position he never played before, then make him a starter then a probowler and give him a contract EXT before his potential is even realized, there should be a little loyality there or respect even that he knows the organzation believes in him and will take care of him in the future maybe next offseason, cause a team player would see they are trying to put the peices in place to be good not just short term but long term as well, u wait ur turn especially after being only his 3rd year in a 5 year deal he just signed in 06, 4 mil isnt chump change

I am sorry NO CLASS

The Spaz
06-11-2008, 11:12 AM
You resolved your Dline with one player who hasn't done much the last three years? What about DE? Sure the Bills paid a lot of money to their DE's the last two seasons, but does that mean the position is fixed? I don't think so. The Bills would have been better off doing thing the opposite of what they did. In FA go after WR, in the draft go after Dlline and Oline. You'll get more production out of a young lineman then you will out of a young WR. This years draft was by far better for linemen then WR...BY FAR!

Would you STFU until your team can beat us? Thanks.:dance:

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 11:17 AM
Who are you to say that our coaches don't feel that we're set at DE?

There was no one worth crap in FA this year for WR, including Wilford, aside from what I'm sure you think about him.

It's hard to take your opinions serious when every year your "big time" FA is going to lead you to the Super Bowl.

Dr. Lecter
06-11-2008, 11:21 AM

They had Crowell's agent in town last week and have worked with Evans. These things don't get done overnight, especially with the CBA uncertainy.

I would think both guys will be done by September and Peters perhaps shortly after.

madness
06-11-2008, 11:37 AM
It's too early to flip out yet. OTA's were voluntary after all so it's kind of hard use that as notification that you're upset with your contract.

Neither side is saying anything though, which is rare unless there is something else going on behind the scenes.

I'd be a little happier at this point just for someone to confirm the guy is alive.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Who are you to say that our coaches don't feel that we're set at DE?

How about their actuall stats? Ya know what they did the year before? The Bills DE's aren't exactly the best in the league.

There was no one worth crap in FA this year for WR, including Wilford, aside from what I'm sure you think about him.

Randy Moss, Daunte Stallworth, Bernard Berrian, Jerry Porter were some avalible. None of those guy's are worth a crap? Do you actually watch football?

Ickybaluky
06-11-2008, 11:42 AM
No surprise here - at least Peters is showing his true colors. Who is his agent now Drew Rosenhaus?

Eugene Parker.

Actually, Rosenhaus rarely has guys hold out. They threaten to hold out and create a ruckus, but they rarely miss mandatory time.

OpIv37
06-11-2008, 11:43 AM
How about their actuall stats? Ya know what they did the year before? The Bills DE's aren't exactly the best in the league.

Randy Moss, Daunte Stallworth, Bernard Berrian, Jerry Porter were some avalible. None of those guy's are worth a crap? Do you actually watch football?

We never had a chance at Stallworth or Moss- the Bills just don't shell out cash like that, and they never will. And I'm glad we don't have moss- he has attitude problems when the team loses and we need the opposite in Buffalo.

As far as Porter and Berrian- while they'd both be upgrades over anyone on our current roster except Evans, they also get paid more than they're worth. Teams that overpay mediocrity never win.

OpIv37
06-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Actually, Rosenhaus rarely has guys hold out. They threaten to hold out and create a ruckus, but they rarely miss mandatory time.

Good for him. He's still #2 on the list of people I'd like to kick in the nuts, right behind Gene Upshaw.

Dr. Lecter
06-11-2008, 11:52 AM
Good for him. He's still #2 on the list of people I'd like to kick in the nuts, right behind Gene Upshaw.

Belichek is not #1?

Jan Reimers
06-11-2008, 11:55 AM
Belichek is not #1?
Op has a long, long list.

Dr. Lecter
06-11-2008, 11:56 AM
I bet I make the top-20 some days. Maybe top 10. :pray:

HAMMER
06-11-2008, 12:08 PM
Piss on Peters, greedy bastard. Let him rot on the sideline accumulating fines and not earning game checks , he'll change his tune. The Bills can and should play hard ball as well. Sorry Jason, but you just got a new deal.

The Answer
06-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Piss on Peters, greedy bastard. Let him rot on the sideline accumulating fines and not earning game checks , he'll change his tune. The Bills can and should play hard ball as well. Sorry Jason, but you just got a new deal.

He has no leverage - let him sit if he wants. Even when his contract is up we can franchise him.

Greedy doushebag - he's overrated anyway.

~The Answer

OpIv37
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Belichek is not #1?

Good point- bump everyone else down a notch.

Mitchy moo
06-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Peters deserves more money, just not yet. Like I mentioned before, let the season start and see how he does. If by mid-season he looks great reward him with a extended contract and signing bonus but only after handling Lee Evans contract. We will know how the season is shaping up by then and who we have that's ready to take us to the playoffs. It's kinda stupid to start redoing contracts that we just redid, especially after reaching out for the guy in the first place. Peters can wait a while longer and have a little faith in the FO.

Mitchy moo
06-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Good point- bump everyone else down a notch.

:respect:

The Spaz
06-11-2008, 12:28 PM
He has no leverage - let him sit if he wants. Even when his contract is up we can franchise him.

~The Answer

I don't agree on him holding out but I don't think he is overrated.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 01:11 PM

So the Bills with all that money under the cap aren't greedy, but Peters who's under paid in NFL terms not to mention his own Oline is the greedy one? Wow, it must be nice to treat fans the way the Bills ownership has treated them and still do no wrong.

mysticsoto
06-11-2008, 01:15 PM
So the Bills with all that money under the cap aren't greedy, but Peters who's under paid in NFL terms not to mention his own Oline is the greedy one? Wow, it must be nice to treat fans the way the Bills ownership has treated them and still do no wrong.

If the season starts with none of them signed them maybe you can *****, but who's to say that negotiations aren't happening even as we speak? Evans has clearly indicated that there are negotiations going on - we just don't know about anyone else, or how far along they are...

trapezeus
06-11-2008, 01:50 PM
the only thing i don't get is why Peters isn't talking. either is his agent. even though we all can guess that it's contract related, he hasn't come out and said it.

like others said, i'd rather lock in peters than evans. evans is good, but WR are easier to get than a real LT. it'd have been nice if peters was able to grant the team some kind of loyalty since we took him undrafted. However, he makes his living in the trenches. He's in a position to hurt himself more seriously than the WR, RB's and QB. He gets hit every play, and the stories about OL's health probably make it priority that all OL men cash in when they play well.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Who said they were? Perhaps Jauron thinks they fit his system better than any other DE's available.

Randy Moss, Daunte Stallworth, Bernard Berrian, Jerry Porter were some avalible. None of those guy's are worth a crap? Do you actually watch football? Moss wasn't a "FA" and it was widely known that he would be re-signing with NE. Berrian? Are you serious? Porter, are you serious? Stallworth, are you serious? You brining those guys up I'll ask you the same question, do you watch football?

HAMMER
06-11-2008, 01:54 PM

The Bills cap situation is not an issue here. Just because there is money doesn't mean you just spend it willy nilly. Beyond that it is a very bad idea to just hand out a new contract to a player that recently signed a deal. If the Bills cave with Peters it sets a horrible precedent. Before you know it every player who has a solid season is at the door with their hand out. Before you know it the money is gone and you are in cap hell. Peters needs to play another year at a very high level before his contract is addressed, we have other more pressing contract issues to deal with. It is also true that none of us know much about any negotiations with Evans, Crowell, and Peters.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 01:54 PM
If the season starts with none of them signed them maybe you can *****, but who's to say that negotiations aren't happening even as we speak? Evans has clearly indicated that there are negotiations going on - we just don't know about anyone else, or how far along they are...

I'm not *****ing, I hope Peters doesn't show and misses a bunch of time. So I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about. As for defending his position, it's whats fair, nothing more. And the Bills clearly aren't in talks with Pteters cause he would be at camp if they were, he's still under contract so there's no other reason for him to miss any camp unless he's not happy about something. Even non mandatory camp is mandatory these days, so obviously missing any time in this case is contract related.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 01:56 PM
I'm not *****ing, I hope Peters doesn't show and misses a bunch of time. So I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about. As for defending his position, it's whats fair, nothing more. And the Bills clearly aren't in talks with Pteters cause he would be at camp if they were, he's still under contract so there's no other reason for him to miss any camp unless he's not happy about something. Even non mandatory camp is mandatory these days, so obviously missing any time in this case is contract related.
That is one of the least factual things I've read in some time.

patmoran2006
06-11-2008, 02:03 PM

~The Answer
LMAO.

I know about 31 other GMS in the NFL who would trade for him and give him 7-8 million per year TOMMOROW.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 02:04 PM
That is one of the least factual things I've read in some time.

Well obviously you don't read much! The only players not at OTA's these days are the ones with contract issues or have a family emergency.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Well obviously you don't read much! The only players not at OTA's these days are the ones with contract issues or have a family emergency.
I actually work with an NFL team three months out of the year and can tell you for a FACT that few people in the organization care when a guy misses a mini-camp that is not mandatory.

STD, come celebrate your anniversary with us; you deserve it.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2481504#post2481504

justasportsfan
06-11-2008, 02:07 PM

or dance recitals

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:08 PM
or dance recitals
:snicker:

Bill Brasky
06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
UNbelievable, ****ing Greed, realitsically he has had 1 good season, just signed a contract EXT in 06, and is gonna make 4 million this year, no loyality at all to the team that made him into the player he is today, remeber folks UDFA TE out of ARK that means passed on by everyone

This is what is wrong with the NFL and there scum agents

Play ball u big dumbass, prove u can stay healthy for a season, cause he hasnt yet, and also that u can play a back to back probowl season before u asked to be paid like the elite, a year after u signed a nice lucrative deal

IN the end he will get what he wants, and i think it sucks, but i am glad he is a BILL, but a greedy one like his overratted buddy Schobel

HELL YEAH!

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 02:30 PM

Ya know, you and justa really should get a room.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Oh man, you showed us with that comeback.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 02:33 PM
I actually work with an NFL team three months out of the year and can tell you for a FACT that few people in the organization care when a guy misses a mini-camp that is not mandatory.

STD, come celebrate your anniversary with us; you deserve it.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?p=2481504#post2481504

Oh please.....you work for a team? Doing what cleaning the urinals? Like anyone would give you the time of day much less tell you how they feel on something as specific as mini camp routines.

gr8slayer
Oh please.....you work for a team? Doing what cleaning the urinals? Like anyone would give you the time of day much less tell you how they feel on something as specific as mini camp routines.

feelthepain
Oh man, you showed us with that comeback.

How, by stating the obvious?

justasportsfan
someone got PWNED!!!!

Don't blame us because JT would rather dance than play for the fins.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:34 PM
How, by stating the obvious?
Please stop, I don't know if we can take much more of it :roflmao:

ddaryl
06-11-2008, 02:43 PM
wonderful this thread has been derailed by FTP..

somebody ban the guy so we don't have to wade through pages of this stupidity. It would be nice to come into a thread that is not being derailed by a petty dolphins fan that has only one agenda here... disruption.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:45 PM

somebody ban the guy so we don't have to wade through pages of this stupidity. It would be nice to come into a thread that is not being derailed by a petty dolphins fan that has only one agenda here... disruption.
God please don't ban him, he brings more comedy than anything going right now in Hollywood.

Philagape
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM

I have him banned from my screen so I don't have to go through any of it :dance:
Why on earth would anyone want to?

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:48 PM
I have him banned from my screen so I don't have to go through any of it :dance:
Why on earth would anyone want to?
Because laughter is healthy for the soul.

ddaryl
06-11-2008, 02:49 PM
^^

I'm sorry but what about people like myself who do not want to deal with this stupid crap. I just want to get to the point of the topic at hand, not wade through pages of silly games that entertain a few. I already have him on ignore, but now that a few of you are amusing yourselves the thread is a complete waste.

I understand that he is nothing more then a play toy.. but he is succeedign in doing exactly what he is trying to do. He has derailed the thread and has become the focus, and now no real discussion can continue.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:51 PM
^^

I'm sorry but what about people like myself who do not want to deal with this stupid crap. I just want to get to the point of the topic at hand, not wade through pages of silly games that entertain a few. I already have him on ignore, but now that a few of you are amusing yourselves the thread is a complete waste.

I understand that he is nothing more then a play toy.. but he is succeedign in doing exactly what he is trying to do. He has derailed the thread and has become the focus, and now no real discussion can continue.
Yup, I agree with everything you just said. Sadly we're stuck with him/her so we might as well make the best of it.

What's great is that his own fellow fans can't even stand him.

ddaryl
06-11-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't doubt that. The guy or girl seems to be nothing more then a bitter human who gets pleasure out of annoying.

karma is a ***** FTP... someday your little world will be kicking you in the nuts.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't doubt that. The guy or girl seems to be nothing more then a bitter human who gets pleasure out of annoying.

karma is a ***** FTP... someday your little world will be kicking you in the nuts.
Someday? He/she doesn't have far to go, it's already 43 years old.

justasportsfan
06-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Someday? He/she doesn't have far to go, it's already 43 years old.
living in his parents' basement

The Spaz
06-11-2008, 02:59 PM
When Buffalo's offseason practices went from voluntary to mandatory it didn't change things when it came to the attendance of Jason Peters. Absent for all 13 voluntary OTA sessions, Peters also elected to skip the mandatory minicamp which began on Wednesday.

"Jason is not here so he will be fined," said head coach Dick Jauron. "I am surprised by it. I thought Jason would be at our mandatory minicamp, but it's a decision he's made and he'll be fined."

During minicamp a player can be fined in a lump sum with the maximum amount being just over $8,000. During training camp a player holding out can be fined upwards of $14 thousand a day.

feelthepain
06-11-2008, 03:00 PM

Gotta love the innocent victim syndrome many Bill fans seem to consume themselves with.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Gotta love the innocent victim syndrome many Bill fans seem to consume themselves with.
:roflmao: keep posting, keep posting.

hydro
06-11-2008, 03:02 PM
IT is back for more!! :party:

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 03:03 PM
^^

Something else to consider...

If you're trying to drop a few pounds laughing is actually one of the best work outs you can do. Just read his posts and you'll be dropping 15 calories every couple of minutes.

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
He is back for more!! :party:
Until we verify the sex I think we should show some respect and refer to FTP as "it."

The Answer
06-11-2008, 03:06 PM
LMAO.

I know about 31 other GMS in the NFL who would trade for him and give him 7-8 million per year TOMMOROW.

If that's the case than I imagine we can land a couple of 1st round picks for him.

You are definitely overestimating Peters value. He has only had one good year and he got injured late in the season anyway.

~The Answer

hydro
06-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Until we verify the sex I think we should show some respect and refer to FTP as "it."

Fixed :up:

gr8slayer
06-11-2008, 03:08 PM
If that's the case than I imagine we can land a couple of 1st round picks for him.

You are definitely overestimating Peters value. He has only had one good year and he got injured late in the season anyway.

~The Answer
True to a point but he is still our best OL and with a right handed QB he's our most important.

Michael82
06-11-2008, 06:46 PM
Sorry, but this is all on Jason Peters. First of all, I understand that he wants to get paid, although I believe that he signed the contract a couple years ago and should give us another year with this cheaper contract, let it be, so the Bills can extend both Lee Evans and Angelo Crowell who will be FAs at the end of the year. They are more of a priority, IMO.

Second, his agent is a ****ing dumbass for telling him to holdout. I understand holding out of OTAs, but the mini-camps are mandatory and the team expects you there. holding out doesn't make them want to pay you faster, if anything, it does the opposite and makes you want to leave the contract alone for at least a year. It makes you pissed! :mad:

Al the Bills Fan
06-11-2008, 06:55 PM
Sorry, but this is all on Jason Peters. First of all, I understand that he wants to get paid, although I believe that he signed the contract a couple years ago and should give us another year with this cheaper contract, let it be, so the Bills can extend both Lee Evans and Angelo Crowell who will be FAs at the end of the year. They are more of a priority, IMO.

Second, his agent is a ****ing dumbass for telling him to holdout. I understand holding out of OTAs, but the mini-camps are mandatory and the team expects you there. holding out doesn't make them want to pay you faster, if anything, it does the opposite and makes you want to leave the contract alone for at least a year. It makes you pissed! :mad:

I will be the first to agree that Jason Peters should not be the 3rd highest paid O-lineman on the team but Peters is going about it the wrong way! Wait a year, let the team focus on more immediate needs (evans & crowell) and then then they can focus all of their attention on Peters. He should show some good faith in the team that took a chance on him! Maybe he forgot that he was a UDFA TE before the Bills got a hold of him, he'll get paid! Peters just needs to be a little more patient and show up at Mini-camp

Al the Bills Fan
06-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Not only does holding out Piss the Front Office off, it pisses off the fans! I think all of us here are in agreement that the Bills need to fork up some more money for Peters, but he needs to wait a year! Holding out doesn't help anyone.

Syderick
06-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Dick Jauron says that Jason Peters will be fined for not being at the team's mandatory minicamp.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d808c828e

Michael82
06-11-2008, 08:29 PM
I will be the first to agree that Jason Peters should not be the 3rd highest paid O-lineman on the team but Peters is going about it the wrong way! Wait a year, let the team focus on more immediate needs (evans & crowell) and then then they can focus all of their attention on Peters. He should show some good faith in the team that took a chance on him! Maybe he forgot that he was a UDFA TE before the Bills got a hold of him, he'll get paid! Peters just needs to be a little more patient and show up at Mini-camp
Exactly! Great post, man! :bf1:

Nighthawk
06-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Honestly, who cares if Peters is holding out right now? It will get done...this season depends on it. He's one of the best LT's in the league...pay him like one!

YardRat
06-11-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't think Peters should be missing mandatory's, but I don't blame him for wanting more money and missing voluntary's. Yes, the team invested time and money on him to help him achieve what he has, but the man has also busted his ass to get there himself and deserves to be much more than the third highest paid lineman out of the starting five, especially considering the level at which he is playing at.

Pay the guy his money...he's earned it, and that's based on past performance, not dreaded 'potential'.

Mahdi
06-11-2008, 10:24 PM
Bills have the upper hand. He has three years remaining on his deal, let him rot and get fat at home if he doesnt want to play. If Peters had a bad year would he be giving money back to the Bills? No. This crap in the NFL has to stop and now its happening with players who still have several years left on decent contracts. Gimme a break. Enjoy yer vacation Peters. I would rather move on without him than cave in.