How about LeCharles Bentley for the Bills center??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

How about LeCharles Bentley for the Bills center??

Is his knee good enough to hold up???

BEREA, Ohio -- The story of LeCharles Bentley and the Cleveland Browns took another odd -- and final -- turn Wednesday.
    Bentley

In what has been a bizarre situation from the very beginning, Bentley skipped practice this morning to ask for his release. The Browns granted it, just 24 hours after the team announced that he passed his physical and was cleared to rejoin the team.

There were good vibes coming from both sides Tuesday after Bentley practiced with the team for the first time in nearly two years.

"He asked for permission for his release and it was granted," Bentley's agent, Jonathan Feinsod said. "When LeCharles originally signed with the Browns, their situation is entirely different than it was today. Because of his injury, the Browns didn't know if and when he was going to come back and had to make alternative plans."

Apparently, Bentley has alternative plans, too.

Bentley was arguably one of the best centers in the NFL when healthy, and he didn't want to remain in Cleveland as a backup. He will be looking to sign with another team before the season where he has a better opportunity to be a starter.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3437734
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: How about LeCharles Bentley for the Bills center??

If we got this guy and he is healthy enough to play well, we would really rock on the line. Fowler looks to be the only real weak link on the line to me, nothing personal of course. We also have the cap space to pick him up as well and the need.

Let's give him a physical and a very incentive laden contract based on performance.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
      • Aug 2007

As Skooby stated, and as we all know, center is the only glaring weakness on our O-Line. Bentley has been very very good in the past when he has been healthy, but thats the problem, he has had some injuries the past few seasons and hasn't seen much of the field.

I wouldn't be opposed to bring him in if it is an incentive laden deal as you pointed out. I think we have 3 solid guys on our line in Walker, Doc, & Peters. We also have another guy that has shown some promise in Brad Butler, and still another guy in Melvin Folwer who has shown little promise and has garnered little fan respect or hope for the future for him.

If we can bring him in (incentive deal) and not hinder our plans for extensions for Evans, Crowell and now Peters then I would take a gamble for him.

If we can get some production out of the Center position, we could have one of the better O-Lines in the league.

Comment

• VeggieMan14
        • Jan 2008

He still plays????? sign him up if were gonna take a risk on Stroud why not him
        I feel a win streak coming and a Bills Playoff Run!!!

VeggieMan- To many Concussions as a kid

Comment

• Mitchy moo
          Roways rooking ahread!
          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Al the Bills Fan
          we could have one of the better O-Lines in the league.
          Based on good health, this would be an accurate statement with LB in there.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Skooby
            Based on good health, this would be an accurate statement with LB in there.
            of course!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

It also looks like a staph infection held him off the team last season versus the knee, so he has actually had 2 years for the knee to heal.

Comment

• Lexwhat
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                If we got this guy and he is healthy enough to play well, we would really rock on the line. Fowler looks to be the only real weak link on the line to me, nothing personal of course. We also have the cap space to pick him up as well and the need.

Let's give him a physical and a very incentive laden contract based on performance.

You know Skooby ... Lately you've been the voice of reason here at Billszone.

Everything you've been saying, just seems to be right on the dot (for real).

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

The guy's been seriously injured for 2 years. Let's look elsewhere, including our UDFA Felton.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

He hasn't taken a snap in 2-3 years. Too much risk IMO. I'm sure he wouldn't settle on a low deal.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      The guy's been seriously injured for 2 years. Let's look elsewhere, including our UDFA Felton.
                      Stroud was as well, so if we give LB a physical and he passes with flying colors what's the difference??

Remember the guys is 28 years old, not 35.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
                        He hasn't taken a snap in 2-3 years. Too much risk IMO. I'm sure he wouldn't settle on a low deal.
                        When he finds the need for a injured center is limited, I think that might change alot. He asked for his walking papers a little too early in Brown town, he'll figure that out soon. If he is going to play this season, now is the time to latch onto a team.

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                          • Aug 2007

He is young enough to bounce back! Plus, if its an incentive laden deal and he flops, O Well! The return (if it were to work out) would far outweigh the risk.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

Chances are he'd want a 1 year deal, I think he should get it somewhere else.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Al the Bills Fan
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by casdhf
                              Chances are he'd want a 1 year deal, I think he should get it somewhere else.
                              Yeah, I'd say pass to a 1 year deal as well! If he is looking for something a bit longer I say take a chance

Comment

Working...
                              X