PDA

View Full Version : Battle Lines Drawn on Lynch

Romes
06-12-2008, 06:49 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/368141.html

A lot of new stuff in the article. Apparently the police is going to the stadium today. They believe 3 other Bills players have info.

Lynch has had traffic violations and issues on Chippewa before.

But some police officers in Buffalo and Hamburg are not surprised to hear that Lynch is having legal difficulties.

Lynch was tossed out of two Chippewa Street bars in recent months because he brought in his own bottle of liquor, which is illegal under state alcohol laws, according to three law enforcement officials.

“[Buffalo police] have been told by bar owners that he’ll walk in, order a glass of pop and pour his own liquor into it,” one officer said. “He was told that you can’t do that, and it doesn’t matter if you’re Marshawn Lynch.”

Law enforcement officials in the Southtowns said Lynch attended a meeting several months ago with three high-ranking members of the Town of Hamburg police. At least one member of Lynch’s family and a Bills security official also attended.

The meeting was arranged after Lynch complained that police were being tough on him and his family, said a police official who works closely with that department.

“From what I understand, it was a case of ‘Let’s clear the air here,’ ” the source said. “They thought the police were picking on them.”

Town police impounded a vehicle that Lynch had been using and lent to a relative. Authorities said the vehicle was impounded after that relative was arrested for violating a vehicle and traffic law.

Also, apparently the girl who was hit was wearing dark clothes, it was raining hard and there was another chick dancing in the street that could have easily distracted the driver.

The victim was wearing dark clothing, officers said. A hard rain was falling, and road conditions were slippery. Police said the woman had the right of way.

“As [Shpeley] crossed the road, another woman was walking in front of her. The woman in front of Shpeley was kind of dancing and singing in the street . . . like ‘Singin’ in the Rain.’ That could have distracted whoever was driving Marshawn’s car,” a law enforcement official said.

Lynch’s vehicle — moving quickly but apparently below the speed limit — turned left onto Delaware and struck Shpeley, the official said.

“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [Shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

Anyway, sounds like the police might actually file something soon.

patmoran2006
06-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Something is coming down in the next 48 hours. From what I understand Frank Clark (DA) is getting pounded with complaints that nothing has been done.

mybills
06-12-2008, 06:57 AM
He brings his own booze to a bar? What a cheap bastard.

Dujek
06-12-2008, 07:05 AM
The last part of the statement looks like the police could be trying to give him a way out. If you can't see the person and don't realise you've hit them how can you be held responsible for driving off?

Jan Reimers
06-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Unfortunately, Marshawn has not been a model citizen and, in fact, has been somewhat of an a-hole.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was all drunked up, hit the woman, and drove off.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-12-2008, 07:21 AM
The reports of Lynch's behavior is disappointing, even for a non-Bills fan. After the jerk McGahee, I was hoping that Lynch would be good for the area. Hopefully he can straighten himself out.

zone
06-12-2008, 07:44 AM
“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [Shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

This is what I have been saying all along. If the driver didn't know they hit her; it's a completely different story.

gr8slayer
06-12-2008, 07:54 AM
That might be the slowest DA/PD I've ever seen.

gr8slayer
06-12-2008, 07:55 AM
Unfortunately, Marshawn has not been a model citizen and, in fact, has been somewhat of an a-hole.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was all drunked up, hit the woman, and drove off.
The great thing is that they will never be able to prove it. I honestly don't care if he's a model citizen as long as he can pound the rock for 1,500 and double digit TD's every year.

methos4ever
06-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Up to this point it's been a legal tete-a-tete with the police, da and lynch. Now, taking these incidents and throwing them into the public forum they are running the risk of A) alienating Lynch (worse than McGahee) in the town, B) giving free agents an idea of what there is (and is not) available to do in B-lo and C) give yet another example of Clark screwing up a case in his tenure as DA.

One thing this article tells me is that Lynch (or whomever drove if not him) may legitimately not have seen the person and the police have given him that as an out...

These incidents are par for the course with most teams - heck, Jimbo and company did far far worse at times. I remember the first time I went to the HOF a woman was looking at Kelly's bust and realized that she met him at a party at "House" Ballard's...leading to her husband becoming incensed when he realized why she was there and what kind of "party" it was.

Bills Juggernaut
06-12-2008, 08:20 AM
The great thing is that they will never be able to prove it. I honestly don't care if he's a model citizen as long as he can pound the rock for 1,500 and double digit TD's every year.

I hope it's your mother or sister or daughter next time he decides to get liqured up and go driving.

What a scumbag statement.

LtFinFan66
06-12-2008, 08:23 AM
The last part of the statement looks like the police could be trying to give him a way out. If you can't see the person and don't realise you've hit them how can you be held responsible for driving off?It sounds that way but if you hit someone, you would know it....if you were sober at least. Just my opinion of course

OpIv37
06-12-2008, 08:27 AM
yeah, anyone making NFL money has no excuse to bring their own booze to bars, especially Buffalo bars where the alcohol is cheap. That's the lamest reason ever to get thrown out of a bar.

And the cop said he ordered a "pop"- only in WNY.

TigerJ
06-12-2008, 08:27 AM
This sounds like a perfect storm of stupidity. Shpeley wearing dark clothes, nameles woman dancing in the street. Lynch showing a history of stupidity with respect to alcohol. I would guess, Lynch's Lawyers will have a fairly strong defense with respect to the some of the other circumstances, but if he doesn't straighten up his act with respect to the drinking, he's going to wash out of the league sooner rather than later. If I'm the Bills, I'm doing everything to communicate to Lynch that his career could be in the balance if he doesn't address what is obviously a significant problem, and if I don't see improvements in a hurry, I'm drafting a good running back in '09.

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 08:33 AM

This is what I have been saying all along. If the driver didn't know they hit her; it's a completely different story.

Not it doesn't, legally speaking it doesn't matter if you know it or not. You still hit somebody and drove off. You are still responsible. You will likely get a lesser charge but you are still legally liable.

OpIv37
06-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Not it doesn't, legally speaking it doesn't matter if you know it or not. You still hit somebody and drove off. You are still responsible. You will likely get a lesser charge but you are still legally liable.

and even if it did matter, I don't buy the "he didn't know he hit her" excuse at all. If you hit an orange traffic cone in a car, it makes a huge distinct "thump". There's no way he could have hit a person and not heard it unless he had the radio blasting, and if that was the case someone outside the car would have heard it and reported it by now.

Jeff1220
06-12-2008, 08:42 AM
If there was damage to the vehicle, as they say there is, then he/they knew they hit something/someone.
It does sound like Marshawn needs a rookie symposium refresher course.

Mr. Miyagi
06-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Maybe they don't have what he wants.

justasportsfan
06-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Yikes, we have another rb thats a drunk. Chances are he'll move on to the bills' Wall Of Fame. :ill:

I just hope he tips the bartender for that pop.

Tatonka
06-12-2008, 08:51 AM
thank god the lady didnt die after being grazed by a car going under the speed limit while wearing dark clothing in the middle of the street at 3:30 am in a rain storm.

OpIv37
06-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Yikes, we have another rb thats a drunk. Chances are he'll move on to the bills' Wall Of Fame. :ill:

I just hope he tips the bartender for that pop.

well if he can play as well as the last drunken RB we'll be in good shape (assuming he can stay out of jail/off the suspension list).

Who brings their own booze to bars anyway? The reason to go to bars is because booze is readily available. You bring your own booze to places where booze is not readily available, like Little League games, church, etc.

justasportsfan
06-12-2008, 08:52 AM
well if he can play as well as the last drunken RB we'll be in good shape (assuming he can stay out of jail/off the suspension list).

Who brings their own booze to bars anyway? The reason to go to bars is because booze is readily available. You bring your own booze to places where booze is not readily available, like Little League games, church, etc.
none of them carry moonshine.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-12-2008, 09:22 AM

Do me a favor. Run a red light going below the speed limit in front of a police officer. When you get stopped, insist that you didn't see the red light, therefore it shouldn't be a traffic violation. Get back to us on how successful you were.

feelthepain
06-12-2008, 10:06 AM
The last part of the statement looks like the police could be trying to give him a way out. If you can't see the person and don't realise you've hit them how can you be held responsible for driving off?
I don't think weather condition should lessen your responsibility as a driver, if anything it should increase your responsibility. The woman got stitches from the accident, how do you hit someone hard enough to cause an injury and not know you hit them? Ho do you see people in the street, drive by them and not look behind you after you pass to make sure there isn't a problem? I don't know about everyone, but when I'm driving and I come close to a pedestrian in the street, I make sure I look back as I'm driving away, especially in inclement weather.

I'll guarantee had Lynch been the one hit by a Driver and that person just drove away, Bill fans would be going off and not looking for excuses to make hitting a person with your car then driving off OK! I'm not saying Lynch is the one driving the vehicle, just saying making excuses for hitting someone with your car and then driving away is pretty sad, regardless of the circumstances.

gr8slayer
06-12-2008, 10:15 AM
I don't think weather condition should lessen your responsibility as a driver, if anything it should increase your responsibility. The woman got stitches from the accident, how do you hit someone hard enough to cause an injury and not know you hit them? Ho do you see people in the street, drive by them and not look behind you after you pass to make sure there isn't a problem? I don't know about everyone, but when I'm driving and I come close to a pedestrian in the street, I make sure I look back as I'm driving away, especially in inclement weather.

I'll guarantee had Lynch been the one hit by a Driver and that person just drove away, Bill fans would be going off and not looking for excuses to make hitting a person with your car then driving off OK! I'm not saying Lynch is the one driving the vehicle, just saying making excuses for hitting someone with your car and then driving away is pretty sad, regardless of the circumstances.
And the comedy lives on; there are people on this message board ready to hang the guy when he hasn't even been convicted yet, where do you get this crap?

mybills
06-12-2008, 10:33 AM
It sounds that way but if you hit someone, you would know it....if you were sober at least. Just my opinion of course
maybe it was sound proof.

THATHURMANATOR
06-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Something is coming down in the next 48 hours. From what I understand Frank Clark (DA) is getting pounded with complaints that nothing has been done.
What kind of douche bag busy body do you have to be to actually contact the DA and complain that no action has been taken? I mean seriously. I am not even talking about if you feel he should or should not be charged.

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 11:12 AM
What kind of douche bag busy body do you have to be to actually contact the DA and complain that no action has been taken? I mean seriously. I am not even talking about if you feel he should or should not be charged.

If I was still living in Buffalo and nothing was done the DA would lose my vote.

mikemac2001
06-12-2008, 11:16 AM

I like lynch even more now

chernobylwraiths
06-12-2008, 11:17 AM

When are Rae Carruth and Michael Vick getting out?

BAM
06-12-2008, 11:20 AM
What a tard. That last bit you posted seems promising though.

gr8slayer
06-12-2008, 11:20 AM
When are Rae Carruth and Michael Vick getting out?
Are you really trying to compare the severity of their crimes to this? Horrible comparison.

chernobylwraiths
06-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Are you really trying to compare the severity of their crimes to this? Horrible comparison.

"I honestly don't care if he is a model citizen..."

Not comparing anything, just stating how you don't care what a person does as long as he is a good football player he is ok in your book.

gr8slayer
06-12-2008, 11:26 AM
"I honestly don't care if he is a model citizen..."

Not comparing anything, just stating how you don't care what a person does as long as he is a good football player he is ok in your book.
And I really don't; as a person I don't necessarily approve of what Vick and Caruth did. But as a player as long as they perform and do their job on the field I could care less what they do off of it. I've got more important things to worry about.

chernobylwraiths
06-12-2008, 11:28 AM
And I really don't; as a person I don't necessarily approve of what Vick and Caruth did. But as a player as long as they perform and do their job on the field I could care less what they do off of it. I've got more important things to worry about.

Your sentiment is not shared by many.

some of these guys are bad enough without people giving them a free pass for anything.

gr8slayer
06-12-2008, 11:29 AM
Your sentiment is not shared by many.

some of these guys are bad enough without people giving them a free pass for anything.
It has nothing to do with a free pass. If they commit a crime then they should be punished for the crime just like anyone else. Has Lynch been convicted of anything?

feelthepain
06-12-2008, 11:34 AM

Oh I don't know, maybe the victims family????

THATHURMANATOR
06-12-2008, 11:42 AM
If I was still living in Buffalo and nothing was done the DA would lose my vote.
I am not even talking about that. What kind of loser wastes their time actually calling the DA to complain? How could it personally affect you enough to do this. that is what I don't get.

streetkings01
Why are the police now trying to throw dirt on Lynch's name? Why weren't these incidents brought to the publics attention sooner, but after Lynch not cooperating with the investigation all of a sudden he has a history of problems? That county has to have one of the worst justice systems in the entire NY State IMO!

OpIv37
Oh I don't know, maybe the victims family????

the victim's family? She got STITCHES- she's not in a coffin. Come on man- Lynch or whoever did it was wrong to drive off but let's keep this in perspective.

gr8slayer
06-12-2008, 11:46 AM
the victim's family? She got STITCHES- she's not in a coffin. Come on man- Lynch or whoever did it was wrong to drive off but let's keep this in perspective.
It's hard to be objective when your vision is fogged by hate.

justasportsfan
06-12-2008, 11:54 AM
the victim's family? She got STITCHES- she's not in a coffin. Come on man- Lynch or whoever did it was wrong to drive off but let's keep this in perspective.do you have to wait for someone to die before something is done about it?

THATHURMANATOR
06-12-2008, 11:57 AM
What can they do Justa? There is no way to prove definitively that Lynch was driving. Short of him confessing what can they charge him with?

OpIv37
06-12-2008, 11:59 AM
do you have to wait for someone to die before something is done about it?

no- I said they were wrong to drive off. And there should be punishment. But the punishment has to fit the crime.

The victim's family putting pressure on the DA? Give me a ****ing break. If the car involved didn't belong to a pro athlete, no one would even be thinking like that. That's not a reasonable response for a minor injury.

Bills Juggernaut
06-12-2008, 12:00 PM

It's also hard to be objective when you are so wrapped up in winning that you would turn a blind eye to a hit and run perpetrator.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Again, I repeat, I really do hope that the next time a football player gets liquored up and decides to get in his car and drive, that it is your mother, sister, or daughter (or whoever you care about) crossing the street.<o:p></o:p>
Or maybe you'll still give them a free pass..................if they are a good football player that is.<o:p></o:p>
Disgusting.<o:p></o:p>

OpIv37
06-12-2008, 12:10 PM
It's also hard to be objective when you are so wrapped up in winning that you would turn a blind eye to a hit and run perpetrator.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Again, I repeat, I really do hope that the next time a football player gets liquored up and decides to get in his car and drive, that it is your mother, sister, or daughter (or whoever you care about) crossing the street.<o:p></o:p>
Or maybe you'll still give them a free pass..................if they are a good football player that is.<o:p></o:p>
Disgusting.<o:p></o:p>

First, no one is turning a blind eye or saying there should be no punishment.

Second, you're assuming that Lynch was driving and that he was liquored up- and while that's most likely the case, there is no proof of it at this point. You've already convicted the guy when the DA can't even put together enough of a case to file charges.

Get off your ****ing moral high horse and stop acting like there's something wrong with defending a guy who a) hasn't been convicted yet and b) even if he did it, only caused a minor injury.

THATHURMANATOR
06-12-2008, 12:12 PM

Second, you're assuming that Lynch was driving and that he was liquored up- and while that's most likely the case, there is no proof of it at this point. You've already convicted the guy when the DA can't even put together enough of a case to file charges.

Get off your ****ing moral high horse and stop acting like there's something wrong with defending a guy who a) hasn't been convicted yet and b) even if he did it, only caused a minor injury.
Right with you OP.

TedMock
06-12-2008, 12:16 PM
and even if it did matter, I don't buy the "he didn't know he hit her" excuse at all. If you hit an orange traffic cone in a car, it makes a huge distinct "thump". There's no way he could have hit a person and not heard it unless he had the radio blasting, and if that was the case someone outside the car would have heard it and reported it by now.

Not necessarily true. I told the story in another thread about how I hit one of those wooden horses and was immediately pulled over. The cop watched me do it, the car behind me watched me do it and I was stone sober. I had no idea why the cop was beside himself and completely aggravated that I didn't know what he was talking about and I kept denying it because I didn't realize I did it.

Bills Juggernaut
06-12-2008, 12:38 PM

First off Opi, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about G8 whose has stated that he dosen't care what they do, as long as the put up good numbers.

Secondly, how is it a moral high horse when someone has broken the law?

For all the driver, and the people in the car knew, they could have just seroiusly injured or possibly killed someone with the car. But instead of acting like a reasonable and law abiding person (which would have been stoping, getting out, checking on the person and calling for help), you continue driving away and hope that nobody saw you.

Lynch was in the car. The car was his. It is his responsibility, more than any other person in that car to come clean if it wasn't him driving.

You people really do digust me. If it were someone in your family who had been run over at 3:30 in the morning, and the police had it on tape, I sure that you would be so willing to give the registered owner of the car, who was in it at the time, a free pass.

I'd even bet, with some of you in here, that if it were a Bill that ran over your daughter, not only would you give them a free pass, you'd probably ask for an autograph too.

justasportsfan
06-12-2008, 12:44 PM
What can they do Justa? There is no way to prove definitively that Lynch was driving. Short of him confessing what can they charge him with?

get to the bottom of things and make whoever is at fault an example. No one is above the law. Based on reports about his antics in the bars, someone needs to keep him and the people around him in check before it gets out of hand.

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I am not even talking about that. What kind of loser wastes their time actually calling the DA to complain? How could it personally affect you enough to do this. that is what I don't get.

No but you are though. Ive called our local DA a few times about issues we've had with a neighbor and spousal abuse, also called the police about it. It personally affects me because I want the DA to prosecute every criminal found guilty of breaking a law to the fullest extent regardless of where he/she works or his/her name. I guess its wrong to ask for accountability from our district attorney all the sudden?

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 12:47 PM
no- I said they were wrong to drive off. And there should be punishment. But the punishment has to fit the crime.

The victim's family putting pressure on the DA? Give me a ****ing break. If the car involved didn't belong to a pro athlete, no one would even be thinking like that. That's not a reasonable response for a minor injury.

If the car involved didn't belong to a pro athlete they likely would of already made an arrest, and nobody would dare question the integrity of them in this matter. Your logic works both ways here.

THATHURMANATOR
06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
No but you are though. Ive called our local DA a few times about issues we've had with a neighbor and spousal abuse, also called the police about it. It personally affects me because I want the DA to prosecute every criminal found guilty of breaking a law to the fullest extent regardless of where he/she works or his/her name. I guess its wrong to ask for accountability from our district attorney all the sudden?
IMO this is a different scenario. You are directly and personally involved with your neighbor. Marshawn Lynch is a football player who I have no direct contact with. I can see you wanting to have the law followed to the fullest and truth be told it doesn't seem like they have much of a case going by the "law". I don't see why anyone short of the girl hit or her family or friends would call the DA. It seems like a busy body to me.

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 12:49 PM
b) even if he did it, only caused a minor injury.

Since when does the severity of injury matter in the eyes of the law? If it had been your family, your tune would be different. Its crazy to think that because its a minor injury its not a big deal.

justasportsfan
06-12-2008, 12:51 PM
The victim's family putting pressure on the DA? Give me a ****ing break. If the car involved didn't belong to a pro athlete, no one would even be thinking like that. That's not a reasonable response for a minor injury.BS- If that happened to your wife you'd be screaming for something to be done. I'm viewing things from the victims family's perspective. Again it's not the extent of the injury but the act of driving off if indeed this is the case.

If a drunk cut your wife with a knife are you gonna say "it's only stitches?"

regarding the DA putting pressure on Lynch, seems to me they've been cutting him a lot of slack. If it was someone else, the family wouldn't have had to put pressure. The law would've done something by now.

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 12:51 PM
IMO this is a different scenario. You are directly and personally involved with your neighbor. Marshawn Lynch is a football player who I have no direct contact with. I can see you wanting to have the law followed to the fullest and truth be told it doesn't seem like they have much of a case going by the "law". I don't see why anyone short of the girl hit or her family or friends would call the DA. It seems like a busy body to me.

No its not, I dont have any contact with the neighbor, nor am I friends with the victim.

Call me a busy body if you like and you have every right to, but Im going to report spousal abuse, and if he ever dared do it in front of me Id confront him about it to.

OpIv37
06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Since when does the severity of injury matter in the eyes of the law? If it had been your family, your tune would be different. Its crazy to think that because its a minor injury its not a big deal.

so, you're saying a major injury should be punished the same as a minor injury?

That's ridiculous.

Severity of the injury always matters in the eyes of the law. If you hit someone with your car and they die, it's manslaughter. If they don't die, it's just hit and run. If you shoot someone and they live, it's assault with a deadly weapon. If you just hit them with the gun, it's simple assault. I could go on all day with this.

JJamezz
06-12-2008, 12:57 PM
You've already convicted the guy when the DA can't even put together enough of a case to file charges.

:up:

OpIv37
06-12-2008, 01:01 PM
BS- If that happened to your wife you'd be screaming for something to be done. I'm viewing things from the victims family's perspective. Again it's not the extent of the injury but the act of driving off if indeed this is the case.

If a drunk cut your wife with a knife are you gonna say "it's only stitches?"

regarding the DA putting pressure on Lynch, seems to me they've been cutting him a lot of slack. If it was someone else, the family wouldn't have had to put pressure. The law would've done something by now.

I'd be screaming for something to be done and the DA would say "**** off- when I have a case I'll do something." But hey, when there's a professional athlete to prosecute, it's a different story.

I agree that the law would have done something by now, but I think it's the opposite reason. I think they either a) want the publicity of prosecuting an athlete or b) know the public is watching closely so they're taking a lot more care in this situation. Either way this whole thing has gone on for a ridiculously long period of time. There is no new evidence at this point- either charge him or admit there isn't enough evidence to charge him and let it go.

justasportsfan
06-12-2008, 01:03 PM
I'd be screaming for something to be done and the DA would say "**** off- when I have a case I'll do something." .So in other words you'd also put pressure on the DA. Gotcha. Same as the family. :up:

But hey, when there's a professional athlete to prosecute, it's a different story.

I agree that the law would have done something by now, but I think it's the opposite reason. I think they either a) want the publicity of prosecuting an athlete or b) know the public is watching closely so they're taking a lot more care in this situation. Either way this whole thing has gone on for a ridiculously long period of time. There is no new evidence at this point- either charge him or admit there isn't enough evidence to charge him and let it go. You don't know what the issue is but yet you know what the family is thinking?

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 01:04 PM
so, you're saying a major injury should be punished the same as a minor injury?

That's ridiculous.

Severity of the injury always matters in the eyes of the law. If you hit someone with your car and they die, it's manslaughter. If they don't die, it's just hit and run. If you shoot someone and they live, it's assault with a deadly weapon. If you just hit them with the gun, it's simple assault. I could go on all day with this.

Your playing on my words, nicely done but you know your not entirely correct.

You pull death into this equation when its not so instead of trying to pull in other situations to make our theory correct lets stay in the situation we have. We know a girl was hit and the vehicle left her. Under what law that he would be prosecuted by, does the severity of the injury matter? None of them. Hit and Run is still hit and run, even if she wasn't hurt at all. Reckless driving is also still reckless driving. Those do not depend on how badly hurt she was. Lets stay in the situation we have in front of us.

Also it would be vehicular manslaughter, not just manslaughter, and striking somebody with a gun is still assault with a deadly weapon, not just simple assault.

DraftBoy
I'd be screaming for something to be done and the DA would say "**** off- when I have a case I'll do something." But hey, when there's a professional athlete to prosecute, it's a different story.

I agree that the law would have done something by now, but I think it's the opposite reason. I think they either a) want the publicity of prosecuting an athlete or b) know the public is watching closely so they're taking a lot more care in this situation. Either way this whole thing has gone on for a ridiculously long period of time. There is no new evidence at this point- either charge him or admit there isn't enough evidence to charge him and let it go.

I honestly think its B more than anything, but I agree its taking way too long...

OpIv37
First off Opi, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about G8 whose has stated that he dosen't care what they do, as long as the put up good numbers.

Secondly, how is it a moral high horse when someone has broken the law?

For all the driver, and the people in the car knew, they could have just seroiusly injured or possibly killed someone with the car. But instead of acting like a reasonable and law abiding person (which would have been stoping, getting out, checking on the person and calling for help), you continue driving away and hope that nobody saw you.

Lynch was in the car. The car was his. It is his responsibility, more than any other person in that car to come clean if it wasn't him driving.

You people really do digust me. If it were someone in your family who had been run over at 3:30 in the morning, and the police had it on tape, I sure that you would be so willing to give the registered owner of the car, who was in it at the time, a free pass.

I'd even bet, with some of you in here, that if it were a Bill that ran over your daughter, not only would you give them a free pass, you'd probably ask for an autograph too.

I agree they should have stopped and there should be a punishment for not stopping, but the part in bold is absolutely ridiculous. Whoever was driving is the most responsible- it was their fault. Period. If it wasn't Marshawn there's no reason why he's the one who should have to come clean.

If it was someone in my family, I could give a **** about the owner. It's the driver that's important.

OpIv37
06-12-2008, 01:08 PM
You don't know what the issue is but yet you know what the family is thinking?

this post makes absolutely zero sense. I was talking about the DA talking too long to prosecute- I didn't say anything about the family.

THATHURMANATOR
06-12-2008, 01:08 PM
No its not, I dont have any contact with the neighbor, nor am I friends with the victim.

Call me a busy body if you like and you have every right to, but Im going to report spousal abuse, and if he ever dared do it in front of me Id confront him about it to.
Hmm you are talking about reporting a crime committed by your neighbor and I am talking about busy bodies calling a DA to complain no charges have been filed for a person they have never met for a case with little evidence....

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 01:11 PM
Hmm you are talking about reporting a crime committed by your neighbor and I am talking about busy bodies calling a DA to complain no charges have been filed for a person they have never met for a case with little evidence....

That's what I called the DA about (3 times now to be exact), I asked Mr. Porter why charges have not yet been filed and what the hold up is? Why is he even allowed to be within 100 yards of her? I call the police to report crime, I call the DA when he falls down on his job. I would hope every citizen would in the case of crimes like this.

raphael120
06-12-2008, 01:15 PM

Got Yoda up in here.

justasportsfan
06-12-2008, 01:18 PM
this post makes absolutely zero sense. I was talking about the DA talking too long to prosecute- I didn't say anything about the family.

re-read the thread. It started with Thurms asking what kind of douche would contact the DA...followed by FTP saying maybe the family? ...later replied by you. and then me. so on and so forth.

Was merely trying to say, that IF it was the family who is the douche here, I don't blame the douches.

raphael120
06-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Boy oh boy do we need some ****ing actual real football to talk about. Holy crap dude.

DraftBoy
06-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Boy oh boy do we need some ****ing actual real football to talk about. Holy crap dude.

I posted my Rookie Perdiction thread...
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=154140

M
06-12-2008, 01:28 PM
So, in reference to the original post, did the police actually show up at OBD today??

Dr. Pepper
06-12-2008, 01:32 PM
I hope it's your mother or sister or daughter next time he decides to get liqured up and go driving.

your statement was just as bad if not worse.

why would you wish ANYONE got hit by a car??

Meathead
06-12-2008, 02:15 PM
The following user says NO THANK YOU for this UNUSEFUL post: Meathead

Meathead
06-12-2008, 02:29 PM
lets keep it real here

this whole thing, including bringing liquor into a bar, reeks of ML is ghetto

remember, ghetto in this context isnt referring to where he actually lives/grew up, its referring to a mentality of the uppity, things dont apply to me, the world owes me a favor, whites are the root of my problems, typical of that kind of negro. many blacks, including affluent ones like michelle obama imo, are this kind of militant, mildly racist, messed up viewpoint but hasnt realized it yet, person

listen, many of you know how much i adore black people. but the black people i know would totally agree with me, that this kind of behavior is just bull****. its finding a reason to say you are not accountable and the rules dont apply to you. iow ghetto

to use a phrase my black friends use themselves to describe and ridicule this sort of behavior: jes like a ni@@a

translation: man you are acting just like a lot of white people expect us to and you are embarrassing the hell outta me

it sucks ass to have to come to this realization but as nice and entertaining as ML seems to be in many ways, the bottom line is hes still way too ghetto and better learn fast cuz that kind of ***t mentality will absolutely bring him down eventually. it always does because its an inferior way to operate and brings trouble upon yourself

this is still a big problem in the black community. one great thing if obama gets elected is even if he is the phony i believe him to be this exact issue will be placed directly in the middle of the table. there already is a separation in the black community between those who want to get the hell away from 'ghetto' behavior like this and still maintain the good of their culture, versus the jackass faction of blacks that are going to hold onto this crap because it keeps them from being accountable. if obama gets elected there will be no more room to hide and these goofs will be exposed as the selfish, exploitative, destructive jerks they are

that will be a great development for true racial harmony and mutual respect

until then, marshawn, for the love of god and the christ that you and your mom referenced early in your stay here, look deep inside yourself and make some changes. youre heading for trouble my brother

HotRod
06-12-2008, 02:56 PM

Why the hell should it have to be his "mother, sister or daughter"? Why couldn't it just be him?

Bills Juggernaut
06-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Whoever was driving is the most responsible- it was their fault. Period. If it wasn't Marshawn there's no reason why he's the one who should have to come clean.

He should absolutly come clean and he isn't because he's dirty.

It's like if I were with someone who shot someone with my registered gun. Various witnesses saw me and other people with the gun. The cops found the gun at my house.

Why on god's earth would I not tell the cops that I wasn't the shooter unless I wanted to hide the fact?

My point is that if all signs point to you as the shooter, it is your responsibility to come clean and tell them who was.

mybills
06-12-2008, 03:33 PM
So, in reference to the original post, did the police actually show up at OBD today??
http://www.buffalonews.com/101/story/368141.html

HHURRICANE
06-12-2008, 05:25 PM
yeah, anyone making NFL money has no excuse to bring their own booze to bars, especially Buffalo bars where the alcohol is cheap. That's the lamest reason ever to get thrown out of a bar.

And the cop said he ordered a "pop"- only in WNY.

This really is unbelievable.

Can you imagine bringing your own liquor to a bar?? That's just insane!!

acehole
06-12-2008, 06:10 PM

Lynch has so many outs here with the corrective vision and the rain and the dark close.

His lawer aint worth it. M Lynch should have at least made a statement...even if it did not have any substance...

Way too much time has lead everyone to get the worst impression possible.

I am talking from a public realtions standpoint...here strictley.

zone
06-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Do me a favor. Run a red light going below the speed limit in front of a police officer. When you get stopped, insist that you didn't see the red light, therefore it shouldn't be a traffic violation. Get back to us on how successful you were.
I am not talking legally speaking, I am saying he is not a complete db if he didn't know he did it. Big difference between seeing that you hit someone and driving away and not knowing you did it.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-12-2008, 07:42 PM
I am not talking legally speaking, I am saying he is not a complete db if he didn't know he did it. Big difference between seeing that you hit someone and driving away and not knowing you did it.

If he really didn't know that he hit someone, then he isn't morally responsible for leaving the scene. He is still legally responsible for not yielding the right of way and leaving the scene.

Also, I find it hard to believe that a piece of his SUV broke off and he didn't notice the impact.

Mad Max
06-12-2008, 09:19 PM

Dat ain't cheap bra. Dat's just how a gangsta rolls.

Meathead
06-12-2008, 10:15 PM
exactly

acehole
06-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Holy cow! Tell us how you really feel?

lets keep it real here

this whole thing, including bringing liquor into a bar, reeks of ML is ghetto

remember, ghetto in this context isnt referring to where he actually lives/grew up, its referring to a mentality of the uppity, things dont apply to me, the world owes me a favor, whites are the root of my problems, typical of that kind of negro. many blacks, including affluent ones like michelle obama imo, are this kind of militant, mildly racist, messed up viewpoint but hasnt realized it yet, person

listen, many of you know how much i adore black people. but the black people i know would totally agree with me, that this kind of behavior is just bull****. its finding a reason to say you are not accountable and the rules dont apply to you. iow ghetto

to use a phrase my black friends use themselves to describe and ridicule this sort of behavior: jes like a ni@@a

translation: man you are acting just like a lot of white people expect us to and you are embarrassing the hell outta me

it sucks ass to have to come to this realization but as nice and entertaining as ML seems to be in many ways, the bottom line is hes still way too ghetto and better learn fast cuz that kind of ***t mentality will absolutely bring him down eventually. it always does because its an inferior way to operate and brings trouble upon yourself

this is still a big problem in the black community. one great thing if obama gets elected is even if he is the phony i believe him to be this exact issue will be placed directly in the middle of the table. there already is a separation in the black community between those who want to get the hell away from 'ghetto' behavior like this and still maintain the good of their culture, versus the jackass faction of blacks that are going to hold onto this crap because it keeps them from being accountable. if obama gets elected there will be no more room to hide and these goofs will be exposed as the selfish, exploitative, destructive jerks they are

that will be a great development for true racial harmony and mutual respect

until then, marshawn, for the love of god and the christ that you and your mom referenced early in your stay here, look deep inside yourself and make some changes. youre heading for trouble my brother

zone
06-13-2008, 12:15 AM
If he really didn't know that he hit someone, then he isn't morally responsible for leaving the scene. He is still legally responsible for not yielding the right of way and leaving the scene.

Also, I find it hard to believe that a piece of his SUV broke off and he didn't notice the impact.
You do really? I find it hard to believe the amount of crap my wife hits in her SUV and has no idea and I have seen her do it.

The bottom line is you or I have NO CLUE WTF HAPPENED!!!! We all are just speculating we don’t know that he was driving; we don’t know if whoever was did or did not know they hit someone. The only thing we do know a couple of dumb ass drunk girls we dancing in the rain in the middle of the road and someone hit them.

It sucks that it happened, but it was an accident. Stupid accidents happen to everyone, it’s just that millionaire superstars have a lot more to lose if they happen to them. Not an excuse, it’s just the truth.

I can tell you that if before this happened Marshawn was meeting with the police and city officials because he felt he and him family were being targeted, it makes all the sense in the world on why he would not say a word unless his lawyer tells him to. I am sure right now if he was not driving and had no clue he or anyone in his car hit anyone; he has all sorts of conspiracy theories floating around in his head. Don’t ever put it past the cops to do something outside the lines. No chance of it being “You want to run to the politicians on us Marshawn, we’ll show you.” ???

Not that I think that happened, but if everyone wants to speculate we can take it to whole new levels. The only person that knows what happened was that drunken girl that got tattooed by a car, and possibly whoever was in ML’s car.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-13-2008, 05:28 AM
You do really? I find it hard to believe the amount of crap my wife hits in her SUV and has no idea and I have seen her do it.

The bottom line is you or I have NO CLUE WTF HAPPENED!!!! We all are just speculating we don’t know that he was driving; we don’t know if whoever was did or did not know they hit someone. The only thing we do know a couple of dumb ass drunk girls we dancing in the rain in the middle of the road and someone hit them.

It sucks that it happened, but it was an accident. Stupid accidents happen to everyone,

So, you say that you have no clue what happened and then insist that the "dumbass" girl was drunk and dancing in the middle of the road, and that it was an accident.

You are speculating that Lynch is somehow innocent just as many are speculating that he is not. If he wasn't the driver, then he has a moral and legal obligation to tell what he knows. If he was the driver then he has a moral obligation to come forward and accept and have his case heard.

As far as I am concerned, until Lynch provides some credible explanation, he was in the car. Therefore he has a moral obligation to settle this matter.

mybills
06-13-2008, 07:22 AM
Did you just call me bra? :eek:
Maybe he's just a cheap gangsta.

zone
06-13-2008, 07:43 AM
So, you say that you have no clue what happened and then insist that the "dumbass" girl was drunk and dancing in the middle of the road, and that it was an accident.

You are speculating that Lynch is somehow innocent just as many are speculating that he is not. If he wasn't the driver, then he has a moral and legal obligation to tell what he knows. If he was the driver then he has a moral obligation to come forward and accept and have his case heard.

As far as I am concerned, until Lynch provides some credible explanation, he was in the car. Therefore he has a moral obligation to settle this matter.
Well we have the information, just like we have the information that Lynch’s car was at the seen of the crime. Your right, I did speculate on the drunken part just because I have never seen a sober girl dancing in the middle of the road at 3am in Buffalo (so you can omit the drunken part).

As far as I am concerned, there has to be someone better to go around and police morals than a Fish fan. :squish: