X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Battle Lines Drawn on Lynch

A lot of new stuff in the article. Apparently the police is going to the stadium today. They believe 3 other Bills players have info.

Lynch has had traffic violations and issues on Chippewa before.
    But some police officers in Buffalo and Hamburg are not surprised to hear that Lynch is having legal difficulties.

Lynch was tossed out of two Chippewa Street bars in recent months because he brought in his own bottle of liquor, which is illegal under state alcohol laws, according to three law enforcement officials.

“[Buffalo police] have been told by bar owners that he’ll walk in, order a glass of pop and pour his own liquor into it,” one officer said. “He was told that you can’t do that, and it doesn’t matter if you’re Marshawn Lynch.”

Law enforcement officials in the Southtowns said Lynch attended a meeting several months ago with three high-ranking members of the Town of Hamburg police. At least one member of Lynch’s family and a Bills security official also attended.

The meeting was arranged after Lynch complained that police were being tough on him and his family, said a police official who works closely with that department.

“From what I understand, it was a case of ‘Let’s clear the air here,’ ” the source said. “They thought the police were picking on them.”

Town police impounded a vehicle that Lynch had been using and lent to a relative. Authorities said the vehicle was impounded after that relative was arrested for violating a vehicle and traffic law.
    Also, apparently the girl who was hit was wearing dark clothes, it was raining hard and there was another chick dancing in the street that could have easily distracted the driver.

The victim was wearing dark clothing, officers said. A hard rain was falling, and road conditions were slippery. Police said the woman had the right of way.

“As [Shpeley] crossed the road, another woman was walking in front of her. The woman in front of Shpeley was kind of dancing and singing in the street . . . like ‘Singin’ in the Rain.’ That could have distracted whoever was driving Marshawn’s car,” a law enforcement official said.

Lynch’s vehicle — moving quickly but apparently below the speed limit — turned left onto Delaware and struck Shpeley, the official said.

“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [Shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”
    Anyway, sounds like the police might actually file something soon.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Battle Lines Drawn on Lynch

Something is coming down in the next 48 hours. From what I understand Frank Clark (DA) is getting pounded with complaints that nothing has been done.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

He brings his own booze to a bar? What a cheap bastard.
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Dujek
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2008

The last part of the statement looks like the police could be trying to give him a way out. If you can't see the person and don't realise you've hit them how can you be held responsible for driving off?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Unfortunately, Marshawn has not been a model citizen and, in fact, has been somewhat of an a-hole.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was all drunked up, hit the woman, and drove off.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
            Registered Fish
            • Aug 2006

The reports of Lynch's behavior is disappointing, even for a non-Bills fan. After the jerk McGahee, I was hoping that Lynch would be good for the area. Hopefully he can straighten himself out.

Comment

• zone
              No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
              • Oct 2003

“The driver never stopped, just kept moving south on Delaware,” the official said. “It could very well be that the driver never saw [Shpeley] and didn’t know he hit her.”

This is what I have been saying all along. If the driver didn't know they hit her; it's a completely different story.
              www.blzbus.com

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

That might be the slowest DA/PD I've ever seen.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Unfortunately, Marshawn has not been a model citizen and, in fact, has been somewhat of an a-hole.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if he was all drunked up, hit the woman, and drove off.
                  The great thing is that they will never be able to prove it. I honestly don't care if he's a model citizen as long as he can pound the rock for 1,500 and double digit TD's every year.

Comment

• methos4ever
                    • Apr 2004

Up to this point it's been a legal tete-a-tete with the police, da and lynch. Now, taking these incidents and throwing them into the public forum they are running the risk of A) alienating Lynch (worse than McGahee) in the town, B) giving free agents an idea of what there is (and is not) available to do in B-lo and C) give yet another example of Clark screwing up a case in his tenure as DA.

One thing this article tells me is that Lynch (or whomever drove if not him) may legitimately not have seen the person and the police have given him that as an out...

These incidents are par for the course with most teams - heck, Jimbo and company did far far worse at times. I remember the first time I went to the HOF a woman was looking at Kelly's bust and realized that she met him at a party at "House" Ballard's...leading to her husband becoming incensed when he realized why she was there and what kind of "party" it was.

Comment

• Bills Juggernaut
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                      The great thing is that they will never be able to prove it. I honestly don't care if he's a model citizen as long as he can pound the rock for 1,500 and double digit TD's every year.
                      I hope it's your mother or sister or daughter next time he decides to get liqured up and go driving.

What a scumbag statement.
                      The One and Only

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Dujek
                        The last part of the statement looks like the police could be trying to give him a way out. If you can't see the person and don't realise you've hit them how can you be held responsible for driving off?
                        It sounds that way but if you hit someone, you would know it....if you were sober at least. Just my opinion of course

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

yeah, anyone making NFL money has no excuse to bring their own booze to bars, especially Buffalo bars where the alcohol is cheap. That's the lamest reason ever to get thrown out of a bar.

And the cop said he ordered a "pop"- only in WNY.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
                            • Jul 2002

This sounds like a perfect storm of stupidity. Shpeley wearing dark clothes, nameles woman dancing in the street. Lynch showing a history of stupidity with respect to alcohol. I would guess, Lynch's Lawyers will have a fairly strong defense with respect to the some of the other circumstances, but if he doesn't straighten up his act with respect to the drinking, he's going to wash out of the league sooner rather than later. If I'm the Bills, I'm doing everything to communicate to Lynch that his career could be in the balance if he doesn't address what is obviously a significant problem, and if I don't see improvements in a hurry, I'm drafting a good running back in '09.
                            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zone

This is what I have been saying all along. If the driver didn't know they hit her; it's a completely different story.
                              Not it doesn't, legally speaking it doesn't matter if you know it or not. You still hit somebody and drove off. You are still responsible. You will likely get a lesser charge but you are still legally liable.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X