PDA

View Full Version : Teyo Johnson released

The Answer
06-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Man this guy must really suck if he couldn't even make it to training camp on a team that has no semblance of a TE, either that or we are making room to bring in another TE via trade or FA signing....

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3566

~The Answer

Oaf
06-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Shoot man, he ain't half bad in Madden.

When will this team learn and get a legitimate TE? I'm so tired of all these Euhus, Fine, Royal, Gaines, Shouman, Neufeld, Massaquoi, Murphy rejects.

Philagape
06-12-2008, 04:57 PM
gee, I'm shocked :::

mikemac2001
06-12-2008, 05:02 PM
only wanted him for madden......cya

HHURRICANE
06-12-2008, 05:21 PM
Shockey coming to Buffalo baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
06-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Shockey coming to Buffalo baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be really sweet and would fill our need at TE. Plus it would help us out with more pieces of **** on the team. :up:

The Answer
06-12-2008, 05:53 PM
That would be really sweet and would fill our need at TE. Plus it would help us out with more pieces of **** on the team. :up:

I agree - Since this franchise is quickly becoming a haven for criminals and doushbags, Shockey and his volatile nature would fit in perfectly in Buffalo. :bandwagon

~The Answer

acehole
06-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Not to be negative but does anybody have a sense the wheels are falling off at 1 bills drive?

Man this guy must really suck if he couldn't even make it to training camp on a team that has no semblance of a TE, either that or we are making room to bring in another TE via trade or FA signing....

http://www.buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=3566

~The Answer

Night Train
06-12-2008, 06:02 PM
I heard he's making big $$ as a hand model.

The Answer
06-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Not to be negative but do the does anybody have a sense the wheels are falling off at 1 bills drive?

There has definitely been some unwanted distractions so far this offseason and it's not even training camp yet!

~The Answer

acehole
06-12-2008, 06:25 PM

When will this team learn and get a legitimate TE? I'm so tired of all these Euhus, Fine, Royal, Gaines, Shouman, Neufeld, Massaquoi, Murphy rejects.

when they run through 14 more qb 's figuring it out...

Dr. Lecter
06-12-2008, 06:27 PM

Ugh. Another contract holdout guy?

Do we need another? Do we need a high priced player who can't stay healthy?

Michael82
06-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Ugh. Another contract holdout guy?

Do we need another? Do we need a high priced player who can't stay healthy?
Can't you read a little :sarcasm2:

:doh:

gr8slayer
06-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I didn't expect him to make the team, but I didn't expect him to be done so soon.

Joe Fo Sho
06-12-2008, 07:30 PM

Yeah, it's kinda funny how we have like 8 TEs/FBs, and yet, we have no TEs/FBs.....

YardRat
06-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Must be Fine is making quite an impression with the coaches.

That's a good thing.

Confused
06-12-2008, 07:41 PM
for the life of me I cant believe we didnt use our third on a TE. I would have been extatic if we had drafted Hardy, Johnson and a playmaker TE.

John Doe
06-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Must be Fine is making quite an impression with the coaches.

That's a good thing.

Either that or maybe Schouman has been filling the role that was Johnson was to compete for.

TigerJ
06-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Teyo Johnson released. On the other hand we have seen a few times where Courtney Anderson has made a good play, and Derek Schouman has apparently a major step forward in his receiving. I'm not saying that Buffalo shouldn't have addressed TE with a more legitimate effort this offseason, but maybe Johnson was released because these guys are doing well as much as because he sucked.

Scumbag College
06-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Bring him in?

LifetimeBillsFan
06-13-2008, 05:49 AM
With D.Schoumann showing up with a nice catch just about every day in C.Brown's reports from the OTAs, I think that T.Johnson simply got out-played for a roster spot.

At this point it appears that Schoumann and C.Anderson are vying for the # 2 spot behind Royal at the start of TC. Fine will be in the mix and will probably get a roster spot based on ST play, but will have to beat out Massaquoi for that spot (which, if he can't, wouldn't say much about him).

I think Royal is probably still safe as the starting TE if he comes back fully from his injury by the start of TC, but I suspect that Schoumann and Anderson aren't going to make it easy for him. One of those two could overtake Royal if he doesn't come back strong and show that he can play better than he did last season.

P.S.: Isn't this the last year of the deal that Royal signed when he came to the Bills as a FA a couple of years ago? Also, don't be surprised if Schoumann steps up as a receiver this season--he was a pretty good receiver and had some pretty big catches in critical situations in college, but, being a little on the smaller side, was moved around a lot (TE, H-back, "move" TE in 2-TE sets, etc.) in what was a diverse, but run-oriented offense his senior year.

Jan Reimers
06-13-2008, 05:55 AM
Not to be negative but does anybody have a sense the wheels are falling off at 1 bills drive?
No.

Johnson's release is probably the result of Schouman, Anderson and Fine performing much better than him at the OTAs and minicamp. Strictly a football move.

Jan Reimers
06-13-2008, 06:15 AM
Luke Drone was also released.

Dr. Lecter
06-13-2008, 06:37 AM
Great. I had just bought a Drone jersey. I guess that money was wasted.

acehole
06-13-2008, 07:51 AM
Luke Drone was also released.\

Luke Drone ahhh the humanity....when will it end!

mysticsoto
06-13-2008, 07:59 AM

Yes, Shockey coming to Buffalo would be really sweet. After paying the Giants next year's 1st rounder, we can watch him collect moss and snow on the bench along with millions and millions of dollars while he remains continually and perpetually on the injured list...

Jan Reimers
06-13-2008, 08:23 AM
Yes, Shockey coming to Buffalo would be really sweet. After paying the Giants next year's 1st rounder, we can watch him collect moss and snow on the bench along with millions and millions of dollars while he remains continually and perpetually on the injured list...
. . .and shoots off his big mouth at the same time.

The Answer
06-13-2008, 10:48 AM
Luke Drone was also released.

He wasn't going to beat out JP for the 3rd string job anyway.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
06-13-2008, 10:51 AM
So what..

If Schouman, Fine and whomever beat him out during TRAINING CAMP. so be it.

But this bum couldnt even make it to training camp? Great signing..