• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

The Lynch thing has made me question the veteran leadersip of the Bills

Somewhere along the line someone has given Marshawn some pretty bad advice, IMHO. While under no obligation to say anything, this incident has now drawn multiple teamates into the situation and caused a legitimate distraction.

Now, I acknowledge that there may be other factors at work here, but I would expect guys like Angelo Crowell, Aaron Schobel, Lee Evans, Terence McGee to be getting in Lynch's face and telling him to make this go away. Instead we seem to be getting as full lockstep behind Lynch. Somewhat admirable from a loyalty standpoint, but Yikes!!! from a philosophy standpoint.

This has a very Bengalish odor to it.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: The Lynch thing has made me question the veteran leadersip of the Bills

Originally posted by Lawesome97
    Somewhere along the line someone has given Marshawn some pretty bad advice, IMHO.
    I agree. The vets on this team not only should've suggested but insisted on canadian ballet instead of Chippewa.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

We have veterans that dont even want to be captains.... so ya this is logical.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• dasaybz
        • Apr 2005

hahahaha, the veterans have failed?

unreal

why can't Marshawn be held accountable?

seriously, this is a funny post

Comment

• dasaybz
          • Apr 2005

If somebody other than my lawyer tried to tell me how to handle my legal situation, I would tell them to go **** themselves.

Comment

• User Manuel
            • Nov 2003

Interesting opinion...very Bengalish.

Comment

• dasaybz
              • Apr 2005

Interesting opinion...very Bengalish.
              You're right. Marshawn should be taking advice from Aaron Schobel and Chris Kelsay.

Give me a break.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Part of the problem with this team is that we have no personality, we don't have anyone with a big mouth that's willing to tell people when they are being a moron.

Ray Lewis does it for the Ravens, Brady James does it for the Cowboys, Torry Holt does it for the Rams, who does it for us?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

this would never have happened if The MArv was still here. Bruce and Thurm never had a drinking problem.
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by dasaybz
                    You're right. Marshawn should be taking advice from Aaron Schobel and Chris Kelsay.

Give me a break.
                    Maybe the advise should have came before the incident.

Lawesome, I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe we are having these problems because of the team is young. And, the ones that aren't, don't have the vocal leadership qualities.

The only one that seems to is Whitner, and even he is young.
                    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dasaybz

Give me a break.
                      HE should. That way he'll get overpaid.
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                        Part of the problem with this team is that we have no personality, we don't have anyone with a big mouth that's willing to tell people when they are being a moron.

Ray Lewis does it for the Ravens, Brady James does it for the Cowboys, Torry Holt does it for the Rams, who does it for us?
                        Ray Lewis is the last guy that you'd want anyone taking advice from on what to do when you are out on the town and drinking with friends...!
                        Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• User Manuel
                          • Nov 2003

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                          Ray Lewis is the last guy that you'd want anyone taking advice from on what to do when you are out on the town and drinking with friends...!
                          At least Ray makes sure the witnesses are dead.

Comment

• TedMock
                            • Jul 2002

At least Ray makes sure the witnesses are dead.
                            Marshawn has a very good attorney with a very good track record. He would be a complete moron to listen to anyone other than his attorney. Not a Bengalish point of view, but a realistic point of view as how to handle a situation like this when the lawyer knows far more about the logistics of the system than the client and his friends do.

As for the vets standing behind him - good for them. They are his teammates and his friends. However this turns out, the end result is that it was an accident. If he intentionally hit this girl, then they should no longer be his friend and they should tell on him. As long as it was an accident, they are going to forgive him for making a mistake and they should tell him that he should do the right thing, but do so after consulting with his attorney.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                              Defies all logic
                              • Oct 2006

One thing that pisses me off sincerely with some of the mb people here is the flip-flopping. Utter homerism at one point turns into bitter betrayal at the switch of a button. Half the people harping on Lynch are the same people that were all over his jock. Lynch has a proven track record of having good character and leadership and to discredit him merely off of one incident, especially an incident with little evidence to substantiate any wrongdoing is jumping the gun, imo. If the POPO had something on Lynch he would already be charged with a crime. Plus, if Goodell hasn't voiced any concern on the issue yet, then I think it's safe to say that Lynch should be OK, atleast for the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X