X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

If I'm the Attorney for the 3 players

I think the answer will be, "Well, I had a quite a few drinks that evening, so I really don't recall who was driving, only that it wasn't me.

And

"I was not aware that anybody was hit until I saw it on the news the next day".
    Resign our own guys!
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: If I'm the Attorney for the 3 players

Id be like that mother ****er with the dreads did it.

It's a Misdemeanor.. He's not facing 5 years in the pen.. ****ing own it already Mr. Lynch. You're dragging your teammates and bosses through the mud too now. Is it really worth it?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

If you did that as an attorney you would lose your law licsence and go to jail.

People whose #1 goal is to help Lynch get away with this are being foolish. I guess accepting responsibility is out of style.
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Patrick76777
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        If you did that as an attorney you would lose your law licsence and go to jail.

People whose #1 goal is to help Lynch get away with this are being foolish. I guess accepting responsibility is out of style.

No I wouldn't.

Hell, I'm hoping I get called to be on the jury. No matter how good the evidence was, I'd vote to not indite.
        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

It's a Misdemeanor.. He's not facing 5 years in the pen.. ****ing own it already Mr. Lynch. You're dragging your teammates and bosses through the mud too now. Is it really worth it?

Because if he "owns it" it opens the door for the $1,000,000 law suit. And that would be tough to defend after "owning it".
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
            Because if he "owns it" it opens the door for the $1,000,000 law suit. And that would be tough to defend after "owning it".
            that's one of the annoying things about this country. The fact is he hit her and she deserves some compensation- a few thousand bucks to cover medical expenses and compensate her just for the overall hassle of the whole situation.

But everyone knows Marshawn is a pro athlete so some snake lawyer will come in and try to get 7 figures out of the guy for causing a minor injury. It's all about finding those deep pockets.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

I'd just own up; he's not going to serve any time, he's not going to be suspended, just get this **** over with already.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

Because you know for a fact that he was driving?

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  that's one of the annoying things about this country. The fact is he hit her and she deserves some compensation- a few thousand bucks to cover medical expenses and compensate her just for the overall hassle of the whole situation.

But everyone knows Marshawn is a pro athlete so some snake lawyer will come in and try to get 7 figures out of the guy for causing a minor injury. It's all about finding those deep pockets.
                  Yup, that is one of the many flaws in our system in the U.S.

I think she cost her self a ton by getting up and walking away from it. I would have stayed down and complained about my back and neck.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

While I agree with the deep pocket hatred... I can also see why it is beneficial. Say, for instance, he were to cop to the deal and agree to pay her $25,000. Now for you and me 25K is a ton of money... for Marshawn? That may just be the cost of driving drunk... and he may just do it again.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                      While I agree with the deep pocket hatred... I can also see why it is beneficial. Say, for instance, he were to cop to the deal and agree to pay her $25,000. Now for you and me 25K is a ton of money... for Marshawn? That may just be the cost of driving drunk... and he may just do it again.

point is, It seems to be the reason we're all missing as to why he doesn't admit Guilt.

He'd be screwed in a lawsuit if he were to admit guilt.
                      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                        but that's why we have civil court and criminal court. Civil court is to force one party to make amends when they harm another party: compensation for the victim. Criminal court is the punishment and deterrent side. There is some gray area because sometimes punitive damages are assessed in civil court, but for the most part the deterrents are on the criminal court side.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• superbills
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          but that's why we have civil court and criminal court. Civil court is to force one party to make amends when they harm another party: compensation for the victim. Criminal court is the punishment and deterrent side. There is some gray area because sometimes punitive damages are assessed in civil court, but for the most part the deterrents are on the criminal court side.
                          Exactly. An we've seen time and again that money (or the lack thereof after paying fines) is not necessarily a deterrent from committing more crimes. Case in point, The Juice
                          "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
                          Ronald Reagan
                          40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

If he did it, why the **** should he be ABLE TO "defend" owning it.??????

Why should he get away with something you or I wouldn't? Because he's a running back for the BUffalo Bills?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

point is, It seems to be the reason we're all missing as to why he doesn't admit Guilt.

He'd be screwed in a lawsuit if he were to admit guilt.
                              As he should be.. He's no better or anymore above the rules and the law of the land anymore than anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X