PDA

View Full Version : Russert dead!! This is it for the Bills.

HHURRICANE
06-13-2008, 03:34 PM
This was our national highlight every Sunday. What a shame!!!

HHURRICANE
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
This was our national highlight every Sunday. What a shame!!!

I'm a huge Russert fan. Watch "meet the press" every Sunday!!

bigbub2352
06-13-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/06/13/brokaw.russert.announcement.nbc
this is horrible he was a great man of buffalo

EDS
06-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Totally sucks. He was the best of the political talking heads by a wide margin.

ParanoidAndroid
06-13-2008, 04:20 PM
:candle:

Buffalogic
06-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Shame.

Night Train
06-13-2008, 04:24 PM
A true blue Buffalo guy. Not a phony bone in his bod.

RIP great Bills fan. May the Gods embrace you.

mikemac2001
06-13-2008, 04:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5c02HhcbQRE&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5c02HhcbQRE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

JayWood
06-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Time to win one for Timmy!! What a class act of a man. I had the pleasure to hear him give a keynote a few years back, one of the best I have ever heard. He threw in a Bills comment once or twice :-) RIP Tim

gr8slayer
06-13-2008, 04:36 PM
Was he from Buffalo?

hydro
06-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Yes he was.

gr8slayer
06-13-2008, 04:44 PM
Yes he was.
Wow, I had no clue. He has always been one of my favorite personalities.

hydro
06-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Wow, I had no clue. He has always been one of my favorite personalities.

He would bring up buffalo every so often. He was a great ambassador of the city.

patmoran2006
06-13-2008, 04:50 PM
He was born here and went to Canisius High school I beleive.

He was by FAR my favorite political analyst to listen too.. I'm sure he'll be missed big time.. and of course, he was publicly I might add, a HUGE Bills fan.

gr8slayer
06-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Wow and he wasn't really that old either, this is the kind of **** that scares you into wanting to get healthy.

Philagape
06-13-2008, 05:53 PM
"He was truly a great American who loved his family, his friends, his Buffalo Bills, and everything about politics and America. He was just a terrific guy." - Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

"Today, broadcast journalism lost one of its giants, who will be remembered along with names like Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite and David Brinkley. The city of Buffalo has also lost its favorite son, who loved his city and its hometown team, the Bills." - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.

"Tim never forgot his roots in Western New York, and his hometown has always celebrated his great accomplishments. A graduate of Canisius High School, he is still known as legendary Buffalo Bills fan." - Gov. David Paterson, D-N.Y.

Historian
06-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Well...look on the bright side....we still have Wolf Blitzer.

Michael82
06-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Wow and he wasn't really that old either, this is the kind of **** that scares you into wanting to get healthy.
yeah it is. :sad:

Patti120
06-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Wow! I'm truly shocked and saddened. Meet the Press was really the only political show that I very much enjoyed and that was before I even knew he was a billsfan.

Can't believe it!

Michael82
06-13-2008, 06:17 PM
The worst part about his death is that he would have been the most vocal guy and would have helped a lot in the fight to keep the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo.... :sigh:

:(

Philagape
06-13-2008, 06:20 PM
A statement from Russert's beloved Buffalo Bills said the organization was devastated by Russert's passing.
"So many times he ended his 'Meet the Press' show with his patented 'Go Bills!' that it became part of our Game Day morning rituals," the statement said.
Russert was on the stage with the Bills during a rally following the first of their four Super Bowl losses in 1991. Former Bills running back Thurman Thomas said he remembers the team giving Russert a jersey, a gesture that thrilled both sides.
"One of the people in Buffalo that made it and never forgot where he came from," Thomas said. "Just a down home, good solid person."
"Knowing he was from Buffalo and he was a big Bills fan makes it tough to swallow today," Thomas said. -- AP

Turf
06-13-2008, 06:20 PM
Breaks my heart. What can you say besides grieve and wish his family the best. He was as true a Bills fan as there was to boot. The news world not only lost a great man but we lost a great ambassador.

SkapePhin
06-13-2008, 06:23 PM
My condolences.. Tim Russert looked like he was a great guy.. The only Buffalo fan I ever liked.. Rest in Peace Tim..

Yasgur's Farm
06-13-2008, 06:32 PM
My thoughts and prayers with those who were close to him.

Almost 6 years ago I had triple bypass surgery. I was Lucky... I got the 2nd chance Tim didn't!

Get healthy! I did... And now have a clean bill of health!

Mike13
06-13-2008, 07:04 PM
I always thought Tim was an excellent interviewer, its sad to see him go and at such a relatively young age.

R.I.P Tim Russert

THE END OF ALL DAYS
06-13-2008, 08:08 PM
May the Gods embrace you.

God.... singular... there is only one

:respect:

FatalShot
06-13-2008, 08:32 PM
RIP Tim Russert (1950-2008)

Al the Bills Fan
06-13-2008, 09:25 PM
I am watching Dateline NBC right now, Brokaw said "I remember him wearing his Bills Jersey, looking for someone the throw the ball around with"

We lost a great Bills fan Today, God Bless his family at this time.

FlyingDutchman
06-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Tim Russert, the Bills fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PlWZDZboQw&feature=related

clumping platelets
06-13-2008, 10:16 PM
:sadwalk:

B-DON
06-13-2008, 10:38 PM
R.I.P. timmy

mikemac2001
06-14-2008, 01:17 AM

Damn.....Hard to watch that video

LifetimeBillsFan
06-14-2008, 01:51 AM

Here are links to the other two parts of this, which also feature Russert, who in many ways gave voice to what all of us Bills fans feel and have felt over the years:

http://www.youtube.com/v/SaEfWYqVy7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb78ipgbYmk

Although we never met--that I know of--I must have shared more than a couple of bus rides with him on the Delaware Ave or Colvin Ave NFTA buses back when our high school years overlapped and, watching him represent the best of Buffalo and Bills Nation in front of the rest of the nation every Sunday morning, I have often wished that I had had the opportunity to meet him and thank him for being such a great ambassador for the city and the Bills.

Knowing how badly he wanted to see the Bills win a Super Bowl, I have a feeling that the next time the Bills need to make a big kick to win a game, etc., if it is at all possible, Tim Russert will be there doing his best to help the Bills win and capture that elusive, ultimate victory.

It is hard for me to imagine just how devastating this loss, coming just before Father's Day, must be for his family, especially his wife, son and, most of all, his father. In their sadness, however, I hope that they will take some solace in the fact that Tim certainly grew up to not only be, but to truly represent the kind of Man that "Big Russ" raised him to be. A man who will be missed by many more than just the members of his family.

His passing is a loss for them, for the City of Buffalo, for Western New York, the Bills and all of their fans who want to see the team remain in Buffalo, the journalistic community, his viewers, anyone interested in politics, and more....

seanbillsfan
06-14-2008, 03:13 AM

Watching that video made me forget all about this Marshawn mess. I remember seeing it before but its definatly not the same knowing that he is gone.

shelby
06-14-2008, 07:38 AM
What a huge loss....very sad.
My condolences and prayers for his family.
He will be missed.
:pray:

Luisito23
06-14-2008, 08:00 AM
You will greatly be missed Mr. Russert!.....Thank you for all the wonderful memories, and may God bless your soul as well as your loved ones....:heart:

Patti120
06-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Here are links to the other two parts of this, which also feature Russert, who in many ways gave voice to what all of us Bills fans feel and have felt over the years:

http://www.youtube.com/v/SaEfWYqVy7Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb78ipgbYmk

Although we never met--that I know of--I must have shared more than a couple of bus rides with him on the Delaware Ave or Colvin Ave NFTA buses back when our high school years overlapped and, watching him represent the best of Buffalo and Bills Nation in front of the rest of the nation every Sunday morning, I have often wished that I had had the opportunity to meet him and thank him for being such a great ambassador for the city and the Bills.

Knowing how badly he wanted to see the Bills win a Super Bowl, I have a feeling that the next time the Bills need to make a big kick to win a game, etc., if it is at all possible, Tim Russert will be there doing his best to help the Bills win and capture that elusive, ultimate victory.

It is hard for me to imagine just how devastating this loss, coming just before Father's Day, must be for his family, especially his wife, son and, most of all, his father. In their sadness, however, I hope that they will take some solace in the fact that Tim certainly grew up to not only be, but to truly represent the kind of Man that "Big Russ" raised him to be. A man who will be missed by many more than just the members of his family.

His passing is a loss for them, for the City of Buffalo, for Western New York, the Bills and all of their fans who want to see the team remain in Buffalo, the journalistic community, his viewers, anyone interested in politics, and more....

Well said!

Mitchy moo
06-14-2008, 08:30 AM
I'm kinda of depressed about all of this, seriously.

hydro
06-14-2008, 08:40 AM
I couldn't stand him.

He seemed like a self-absorbed ass hole.

That has to be one of the worst character judgments I have every seen :shocked:

lordofgun
06-14-2008, 10:17 AM
Why couldn't it have been Chris Matthews? :cry:

Don't Panic
06-14-2008, 10:58 AM
RIP, great son of Buffalo. You will be sorely missed... you already are.

hydro
06-14-2008, 12:12 PM
I have never heard one bad thing about the guy. I don't know where you could get that he was self-absorbed.

raphael120
06-14-2008, 12:25 PM
I couldn't stand him.

He seemed like a self-absorbed ass hole.

As far as famous Buffalo personas go, I'm kind of partial to Mark Russell and John Valby... but that's just me.

That being said... it sucks for his family.

Human beings amaze me sometimes...what sucks is that blatant disrespect for people is growing more and more rampant and I'm becoming less and less surprised when people can really be so disconnected and cold.

I think you should look in the mirror when you say your self-absorbed ass hole statement. Someone has to be pretty self centered to not realize (or care) how classless you sound to everyone.

Yasgur's Farm
06-14-2008, 12:51 PM
coastal :negrep::negrep::negrep:
Your post is pathetic and void of any class.

Captain gameboy
06-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Russert was the holder of what little class remains in the media.

Truly sad.

A very nice guy, at all levels.

lordofgun
06-14-2008, 01:16 PM
I bet Olbermann poisoned him.

Cntrygal
06-14-2008, 03:40 PM

My condolences to his family & friends. :pray:

HHURRICANE
06-14-2008, 09:13 PM
The worst part about his death is that he would have been the most vocal guy and would have helped a lot in the fight to keep the Buffalo Bills in Buffalo.... :sigh:

That was Buffalo's biggest embassador!!

chernobylwraiths
06-14-2008, 10:09 PM
There is always one to hate someone who is loved by many. It usually shows the character of those people when you look at those they don't like.

God, please watch over the Russert family in their time of sorrow. :pray:

Bulldog
06-14-2008, 10:29 PM
Tim Russert stood for all that is right in journalism. Was fair to everyone he came across and never forgot his roots. I for one will miss his witty intelligence. It's pretty evident when you listen to others speak about him and their admiration for him that the world has lost a talented journalist and a wonderful human being.

Michael82
06-15-2008, 01:02 AM
That was Buffalo's biggest embassador!!
Exactly! and that's why this really hurts even more.... :sad:

Historian
06-15-2008, 06:56 AM
Silly as it sounds, I kinda feel like I lost an Uncle.

So many times, he ws standing right there in front of me and Mikey and WYS, on the field with Ralph, and Jimbo. It's almost surreal.

I hope his wife chooses to lay him to rest here. It's where he belongs.

chernobylwraiths
06-15-2008, 08:27 AM
Silly as it sounds, I kinda feel like I lost an Uncle.

So many times, he ws standing right there in front of me and Mikey and WYS, on the field with Ralph, and Jimbo. It's almost surreal.

I hope his wife chooses to lay him to rest here. It's where he belongs.

I believe I read that he is being laid to rest in Forrest Lawn.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-15-2008, 03:13 PM
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/ArtAndPhoto-Fronts/COVER/080615/g-080615-cvr-russert-7a.grid-4x2.jpg

hydro
06-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Awesome picture LW :up:

dolfan25
06-15-2008, 04:25 PM
I'm neither a Bills fan or even an American but I loved watching Meet the Press on Sunday or even Monday mornings. Such a great source of information

PECKERWOOD
06-15-2008, 05:27 PM

-
-
-
-
:pray:

Michael82
06-15-2008, 08:17 PM
http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/ArtAndPhoto-Fronts/COVER/080615/g-080615-cvr-russert-7a.grid-4x2.jpg
That's really sweet! Who made it?

hydro
06-15-2008, 08:25 PM
I think he was actually wearing the jersey mike.

Michael82
06-15-2008, 08:28 PM
I think he was actually wearing the jersey mike.
If that's the case, I think I might use that one on the front page instead of the one we had. I just wanted to know who to give credit to. :D

hydro
06-15-2008, 08:31 PM
That would be one hell of a chop otherwise.

HHURRICANE
06-15-2008, 08:47 PM
I hate Brokaw. As soon as he started crying on the "meet the press tribute" I lost it. Screwed my Father's Day. I started missing my dad...and that was all she wrote.

hydro
06-16-2008, 07:13 AM
Hopefully you didn't watch the "Today" show this morning. They had his kid on the Meet the Press set and they interviewed him.