PDA

View Full Version : Is Marshawn Lynch a 'coward'?

YardRat
06-14-2008, 12:15 PM
http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/369965.html

This is what I’m thinking: • Who is that Dennis Williams impostor on WGR 55? I almost pulled off the road Tuesday evening when I heard Williams on his radio show call Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch a “coward.”

That didn’t sound like the Dennis Williams who said nothing nearly as hard-hitting in his years as Channel 4’s lead sports anchor and sports director.

Something clearly happens to normally reserved TV reporters when they move to radio.

Williams called out Lynch for declining to come forward and explain what happened on the night that his car was involved in a hit-and-run accident in the Chippewa district.

Al the Bills Fan
06-14-2008, 12:17 PM
If he was in fact driving, then yes he is a coward. Because he has not come forward this is becoming a real mess!

Mitchy moo
06-14-2008, 12:27 PM
If he is not the driver and just trying to protect his assets because his car was involved then all of this is fine. Since we do not know the real story and the DA keeps trying to gain national attention on this matter, it's best this is handled in small steps.

raphael120
06-14-2008, 12:32 PM
What else do you call it? Smart? Honorable?

It's disgusting. Even the bringing liquor into a bar...I could see why a poor piece of trash would bring it in because he can't afford it, but youre a ****in high paid athlete and doin it...you got to have something wrong with you and it's a blatant spit into the faces of the people who own those bars and clubs and the people of Buffalo that you're too good to pay for drinks.

patmoran2006
06-14-2008, 12:35 PM
After watching a bunch of off field videos of him today.. He aint a coward.. He is ****ing straight up gangsta

Mitchy moo
06-14-2008, 01:31 PM
What else do you call it? Smart? Honorable?

It's disgusting. Even the bringing liquor into a bar...I could see why a poor piece of trash would bring it in because he can't afford it, but youre a ****in high paid athlete and doin it...you got to have something wrong with you and it's a blatant spit into the faces of the people who own those bars and clubs and the people of Buffalo that you're too good to pay for drinks.

I call it being judgemental.

OpIv37
06-14-2008, 01:34 PM
Coward? Hardly.

Some people have already pointed this out, but I'll say it again.

If Marshawn comes out and pleads guilty, he leaves himself open for a civil suit. Some snake lawyer will come in and try to get 7 figures for the victim when she deserves a few thousand at best.

It's better to wait and see what kind of case the DA can put together and work with it from there.

I wonder if the DA has given him an offer to plead "No contest". If not, then it's proof the DA is just trying to get his name in the news.

Jan Reimers
06-14-2008, 02:18 PM
If it were me, I would have gone directly to the police and told them what happened.

But maybe Marshawn is doing what's best for him by hiding behind his attorney.

Dr. Lecter
06-14-2008, 02:27 PM
Coward? Hardly.

Some people have already pointed this out, but I'll say it again.

If Marshawn comes out and pleads guilty, he leaves himself open for a civil suit. Some snake lawyer will come in and try to get 7 figures for the victim when she deserves a few thousand at best.

It's better to wait and see what kind of case the DA can put together and work with it from there.

I wonder if the DA has given him an offer to plead "No contest". If not, then it's proof the DA is just trying to get his name in the news.

The thing is, he is still wide open for a civil suit. The level of evidence required is different and I would also speculate that he has a level of responsibility for it being his vehicle regardless of who was driving. So I really don't know how much that will help in a civil suit, except for an admission of guilt being directly admissable.

As for the plea, I think anybody can make that plea. It depends on how the DA wants to make a sentence offer. But, like has been said, he certainly has not endeared himself to the DA's office. Pissing off the DA over what should be a simple case is not a good idea.

yordad
06-14-2008, 02:32 PM
If by "coward", you mean "not ******ed" then yes.

Not doing the police's job for them is something some on here (and that radio guy) could stand to learn more about.

I've gotten out of "no seatbelt" tickets. Does that make me a coward? Or Smart? I've got speeding charges reduced, does that make me a wuss? Or smart?

Actually, if yall want to know, I have probably been charged with near a dozen crimes, and never been convicted of one. And, I am sure many of you are judging me as you read, considering some people are calling Marshawn a "coward" for being smart.

BTW, some people are actually wrongfully accused too. If it was someone else driving, would he still be a coward? Seems to me he is a bravely taking on all this criticism if nothing else.

YardRat
06-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Williams is just being a douche, trying to push the right buttons for his listeners. He's just trying to fit in with the rest of the GR schmucks.

I'm thinking Marshawn might want to consider getting different legal representation...A real lawyer would've had this resolved by now, since that would be what is in his client's best interests.

Jan Reimers
06-14-2008, 02:36 PM
I guess it's a different world now. People used to be much better about taking responsibility for their actions, even if some punishment were attached.

These days, it's hire a lawyer and hope he can get you out of the mess you've created.

YardRat
06-14-2008, 02:37 PM

Not doing the police's job for them is something some on here (and that radio guy) could stand to learn more about.

I've gotten out of "no seatbelt" tickets. Does that make me a coward? Or Smart? I've got speeding charges reduced, does that make me a wuss? Or smart?

Actually, if yall want to know, I have probably been charged with near a dozen crimes, and never been convicted of one. And, I am sure many of you are judging me as you read, considering some people are calling Marshawn a "coward" for being smart.

BTW, some people are actually wrongfully accused too. If it was someone else driving, would he still be a coward? Seems to me he is a bravely taking on all this criticism if nothing else.

I knew there was something shady about you. Right from the start.

Dr. Lecter
06-14-2008, 02:39 PM

So who was harmed/injured/hurt when you got those tickets?

There is a big, fat difference between a traffic ticket and an actual crime.

Unfortanetly it seems as if some people think Lynch is the victim here.

cookie G
06-14-2008, 02:43 PM
The thing is, he is still wide open for a civil suit. The level of evidence required is different and I would also speculate that he has a level of responsibility for it being his vehicle regardless of who was driving. So I really don't know how much that will help in a civil suit, except for an admission of guilt being directly admissable.

Absolutely. I've said before...if anything, he might actually be hurting himself in a civil suit. What can and will come out in a civil suit is how he acted afterwards. (of course, the jury is free to speculate alot more in a civil trial than a criminal trial).

Under the "more likely than not" scenario, a jury in a civil suit could easily see him as a guy who ran away, didn't report something he was required to, despite having the opportunity to do so.

Get a jury that doesn't understand or doesn't care about a right against self-incrimination...and her verdict just went up. His subesquent actions shouldn't, by law, have much to do with her damages...but they will..depending on how much of a dislike can be made for him.

As for the plea, I think anybody can make that plea. It depends on how the DA wants to make a sentence offer. But, like has been said, he certainly has not endeared himself to the DA's office. Pissing off the DA over what should be a simple case is not a good idea.

True, but I've always thought the criminal charges, if any, are the least of his worries. Even if convicted, he's not going to get jail time on a first offense misdemeanor. His fine is a few thousand dollars max.

The NFL and Goodell are his real problems.

yordad
06-14-2008, 02:52 PM
So who was harmed/injured/hurt when you got those tickets?

There is a big, fat difference between a traffic ticket and an actual crime.

Unfortanetly it seems as if some people think Lynch is the victim here.He is being victimized to some extent. Did his employeer really need to be subpoenaed? Did it have to become a worked related, Bills related issue? Did they have to slander his name? Did they have to paint him as the kind of guy who orders a pop, but brings his own booze?

No one is obligated to plead guilty even if guilty. Even if he did hit her, he shouldn't plead guilty. We the people have rights. Him exercising his isn't cowardly. It is smart.

He didn't rape and plunder. He may have hit a woman who may have been drunk, dancing in the street, in the rain, wearing all black. Not to mention, she wasn't badly hurt.

He has a lot more to lose then a Joe Schmoe who committed the same offense.

yordad
06-14-2008, 02:54 PM
I should clarify, I have been accused of about a dozen non traffic related offenses, not all were crimes.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 08:05 AM
He is being victimized to some extent. Did his employeer really need to be subpoenaed? Did it have to become a worked related, Bills related issue? Did they have to slander his name? Did they have to paint him as the kind of guy who orders a pop, but brings his own booze?

No one is obligated to plead guilty even if guilty. Even if he did hit her, he shouldn't plead guilty. We the people have rights. Him exercising his isn't cowardly. It is smart.

He didn't rape and plunder. He may have hit a woman who may have been drunk, dancing in the street, in the rain, wearing all black. Not to mention, she wasn't badly hurt.

He has a lot more to lose then a Joe Schmoe who committed the same offense.

It became a Bills issue because teammates were involved. There is also a disctinct possibility that one or more of them spoke to management.

You are missing the obvious. The cowardly act was driving away in the first place.

BTW, according to reports, the victim wasn't dancing in the street. The victim was crossing the street and had the right of way. Several posters on this site keep trying to paint a picture where poor Marshawn was minding his own business when a evil woman ran into his SUV. Give me a break.

madness
06-15-2008, 09:35 AM
Only a coward calls somebody a coward when they're not right there in front of their face.

yordad
06-15-2008, 11:08 AM
It became a Bills issue because teammates were involved. There is also a disctinct possibility that one or more of them spoke to management.

You are missing the obvious. The cowardly act was driving away in the first place.

BTW, according to reports, the victim wasn't dancing in the street. The victim was crossing the street and had the right of way. Several posters on this site keep trying to paint a picture where poor Marshawn was minding his own business when a evil woman ran into his SUV. Give me a break.So, if I'm out with coworker, and I beat someone's arse, it is work related?

There is a whole bunch of painting going on. If calling the guy a "coward" isn't painting, then I don't know what is. For all you know, the guy could have been at home knitting sweaters for inner city youth.

You tell me which side is doing more painting. And, BTW, I said "may have been" dancing in the street. I mean, were you there? Are you going to be the prosecutions star witness?

TedMock
06-15-2008, 11:25 AM
I guess it's a different world now. People used to be much better about taking responsibility for their actions, even if some punishment were attached.

These days, it's hire a lawyer and hope he can get you out of the mess you've created.

It is a shame and I don't necessarily disagree with you. The problem is twofold though. If he immediately took responsibility (whether he knew that night, or his attorney informed him the next day) then he's still looking at a huge lawsuit against him. He'll still get hit with a civil suit, but it could be much worse for him on both the criminal and civil sides if he comes out and says he did it. I don't think he's hiding and I don't think he's not going to have to pay for this. I think he's smart to listen to his attorney whether or not we agree on how things in the old days were better.