PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch's official blog

patmoran2006
06-14-2008, 12:21 PM
http://www.yardbarker.com/users/MarshawnLynch
this is verified to be his blog too.. Is he really THAT ****ing ******ed?

RockStar36
06-14-2008, 12:23 PM
There is no way he wrote that

YardRat
06-14-2008, 12:26 PM
:rofl:

Verified by who? Donald Rumsfield?

patmoran2006
06-14-2008, 12:28 PM
It is his blog

raphael120
06-14-2008, 12:29 PM
wow...that explains a LOT.

it's proven time and time again that athletic ability is far and away not at all connected to common sense or intelligence.

just listen to McKelvins english...

YardRat
06-14-2008, 12:31 PM
It is his blog

Fo'shizzle.

:lmao:

patmoran2006
06-14-2008, 12:32 PM
YOu dont think its his blog?
LOL.. Check out the video's starting with the second one from the top.. he's ****ing endorsing his own yardbarker blog.. Third one down is him rapping.

This dude is as ghetto as any PLAYER I've seen in this league.. Holy ****, even I didnt know he was this bad.. GET CRUNK f'real!!!

raphael120
06-14-2008, 12:35 PM
iz be hopinz dat jizzy wizzy dank fank all bez rockin da shiz, gunna be n da stank cruisin all imma benz SUV (ballaaaa crunk motha shhhhhooot) runnin down dem hoez like iz be in dat hot azz game grand theft auto! (blat blat blat!!!)

The Spaz
06-14-2008, 12:45 PM
I know some fans that are really ****ing ******ed too...

Michael82
06-14-2008, 12:49 PM
I know some fans that are really ****ing ******ed too...
You mean the ones that think they know more than the head GM's, head coaches, and players? :scratch:

Me too. :ill:

LtFinFan66
06-14-2008, 12:52 PM
:rofl:

http://www.yardbarker.com/photos/2618/big

blackonyx89
06-14-2008, 12:54 PM
LOL.. Check out the video's starting with the second one from the top.. he's ****ing endorsing his own yardbarker blog.. Third one down is him rapping.

This dude is as ghetto as any PLAYER I've seen in this league.. Holy ****, even I didnt know he was this bad.. GET CRUNK f'real!!!

That's some frightening writing!!! He obviously got special favor in his school work and someone wrote his papers for him. Hooked on Phonics did not work for him!

yordad
06-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Hey, I gotta tell you guys. I type/write like that from time to time too. Mostly when I am hammered though and writing a "good morning" letter to my wife (for her to read when she gets up).

So, maybe he was hammered. :idunno:

But seriously, anyone who didn't know he was "hood" already, raise your hand.

ParanoidAndroid
06-14-2008, 02:29 PM
So what? This is a xenophobic thread if ever there was one. Go into his world and I bet you come out looking like the idiot.

Oaf
06-14-2008, 02:33 PM
:wave:

Dr. Lecter
06-14-2008, 02:35 PM
You mean the ones that think they know more than the head GM's, head coaches, and players? :scratch:

Me too. :ill:

Maybe the ones that always panic and over-react. :D

Dr. Lecter
06-14-2008, 02:37 PM
So what? This is a xenophobic thread if ever there was one. Go into his world and I bet you come out looking like the idiot.

C'mon man, I am as open-minded and tolerant as they come, but that was awful and is difficult to read and understand.

Jan Reimers
06-14-2008, 02:45 PM
I can hear my old English teacher, Mrs. Brumsted, spinning in her grave.

yordad
06-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Do you think the poeple who type "ur" actually think that is how you spell "your"? Do you think the people who type "wanna" really think it is a word? Do you think one who types "peeps" is automatically ******ed?

I would b willin 2 bet if u do u aint got many peeps. Cuz u r probly a lil' 2 judgmental.

LtFinFan66
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
What's your point Yordad?? The stuff you just posted wasn't even in his blog for the most past

LtFinFan66
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
and no, I don't have peeps...I am a grown-up

shelby
06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
i don't like Peeps.
:ill:

http://blogs.chron.com/whitehouse/archives/peeps.jpg

hydro
06-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Lynch is just keep'n it real.

Jan Reimers
06-14-2008, 03:24 PM
I guess it's cool to sound like an idiot.

yordad
06-14-2008, 03:28 PM
What's your point Yordad?? The stuff you just posted wasn't even in his blog for the most pastMy point is, I doubt he would have turned in a term paper like that. It is a blog. He was showing his personality, not his writing skills.

Do I think he will be a newspaper editor any time soon? No. Does typing like that prove he has the mind of a third grader? No.

Jeff1220
06-14-2008, 03:33 PM
In language acquisition theory there is something called register, where people use different types of language in different settings and company. It's the idea that we talk differently around our old high school buddies than we do around our bosses. We might talk differently around our families, or friends than we do a new love interest.
I'm sure that Marshawn Lynch's papers at Cal (this is not UMiami we're talking about) were written in a register much closer to SAE (Standard American English). A blog is an informal way to communicate, and in many cases the intended audience is people you know or are familiar with (an easy way for him to keep in communication w/his friends back west). I see no problem with this.

...the legal issues on the other hand.

yordad
06-14-2008, 03:34 PM
I guess it's cool to sound like an idiot.Jan no offense, but please tell me you have stepped outside your cul-de-sac once or twice. Perhaps you've gone down to the local store and pumped gas on occasion.

That is how urban youth sometimes talk now a days. That doesn't mean they are all ******ed.

Edit: Jeff1220 said it better.

yordad
06-14-2008, 03:38 PM
and no, I don't have peeps...I am a grown-upOK, are you saying because you are a grown up you don't know that "peeps" is urban slang for "friends"? Or are you saying because you are a grown up you don't have friends?

Cntrygal
06-14-2008, 03:55 PM
verified by who?

evol4276
06-14-2008, 05:54 PM
are YOU people ******ed? here i can do it too. this is verified to be JP Losman's official biography! http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/JP_Losman

just because someone says its verified doesnt mean its freakin true. wait til someone else on the team does someone wrong, you people will find a ridiculous-ass website like you always do to rip on or justify your thinking on that person..

cmon kids

Marvelous
06-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Cmon guys...
--1ST, this doesn't bother me..I'm used to it...
---2nd- It doesn't mean we all "mis-judged" him. I will admit that i was like ""great,wtf" after we drafted him & i showed my wife our anti-Lynch thread & she pretty much said "you guys are stupid".. So from then on i don't mind the inner city ebonics or the gold teefeses. But the thug attitude still fumes me..
---Is Lynch a thug, or is he ghetto from him inner city roots??

--After all, we are fans of a 90% black league so it's to be expected eh...

--He is hands down our best young player..Atleast he ghetto's out on his blog & not at OTA interviews like Pac Man did a few years ago....

---:rotf: :lmao: @ Shelby.. Shelby, you are hands down the funniest & nicest zoner imo...

just because someone says its verified doesnt mean its freakin true.
HAHAHA! Maybe it's Channig Crowders attempt to make us hate Lynch...

yordad
06-14-2008, 06:19 PM
are YOU people ******ed? here i can do it too. this is verified to be JP Losman's official biography! http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/JP_Losman

People, apparently Lynch himself verified it. Seriously. He endorsed it in an interview. I didn't watch the interview, but if you read the thread, someone else did.

hydro
06-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Yeah I watched the vid and he talks about the site and his blog.

SabreEleven
06-14-2008, 06:32 PM
Marshawn even types like he has marbles in his mouth.

mybills
06-14-2008, 06:52 PM
I posted it a while ago. Thanks for ignoring me. :cynic:

LtFinFan66
06-14-2008, 08:45 PM
i don't like Peeps.
:ill:

http://blogs.chron.com/whitehouse/archives/peeps.jpgGood call Shelby

LtFinFan66
06-14-2008, 08:49 PM
OK, are you saying because you are a grown up you don't know that "peeps" is urban slang for "friends"? Or are you saying because you are a grown up you don't have friends?I know what it is. But being a grown-up, I have friends, not peeps. Pretty simple IMO

LtFinFan66
06-14-2008, 08:51 PM

just because someone says its verified doesnt mean its freakin true. wait til someone else on the team does someone wrong, you people will find a ridiculous-ass website like you always do to rip on or justify your thinking on that person..

cmon kidshttp://www.yardbarker.com/images/iconVerifiedCheck.gifVerified Athlete (http://www.yardbarker.com/users/MarshawnLynch#)

theanswer74
06-14-2008, 10:44 PM
It's a lot harder to write like that then you think.

yordad
06-15-2008, 12:01 AM
I know what it is. But being a grown-up, I have friends, not peeps. Pretty simple IMOSo, everyone with a different background then you, who happens to call his/her friends "peeps" is a child? Or immature? What a sweet, narrow minded opinion, IMO. And, IMO, that doesn't sound like a mature thing to say.

It is one thing to say, "I don't think typing in Ebonics is cool", but it says more about you when you say, "people who type in Ebonics all have the minds of children".

"Yeah, urban speaking people are all dumb." Doesn't that sound a little prejudice?

B-DON
06-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Obviously half of this board is from white suburbia. Honestly, have any of you ever hung around him and actually had a convo with him? Didnt think so. And this dumbass that most of you are talking about will make 10 times the amount of money everyone on this board will make in their lifetime. If you call that a dumbass then sign me up asap.

ParanoidAndroid
06-15-2008, 03:20 AM
To put this in perspective, I intercepted a note from one of my 8th grade students who scored a perfect 600 on all his standardized tests....math, science, reading and writing. The note did not look much different than this. If you think this is idiotic, you haven't been paying attention to the kids.

ParanoidAndroid
06-15-2008, 03:25 AM
C'mon man, I am as open-minded and tolerant as they come, but that was awful and is difficult to read and understand.

I'm sorry you found it so difficult to understand. Maybe you should take a class.

Just bustin' your balls, Lecter.....I know where you're coming from. It's just the way some like to communicate. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with intelligence.

Luisito23
06-15-2008, 03:30 AM
What a sweet, narrow minded opinion.

:bf1:

Billz_fan
06-15-2008, 03:33 AM
Oh god, that blog is hilarious, real or not. All I could was laugh :laughter:

LtFinFan66
06-15-2008, 07:29 AM
So, everyone with a different background then you, who happens to call his/her friends "peeps" is a child? Or immature? What a sweet, narrow minded opinion, IMO. And, IMO, that doesn't sound like a mature thing to say.

It is one thing to say, "I don't think typing in Ebonics is cool", but it says more about you when you say, "people who type in Ebonics all have the minds of children".

"Yeah, urban speaking people are all dumb." Doesn't that sound a little prejudice?pretty much nailed it. My 15 and 13 year old kids have peeps....and they are kids. To me, Lynch is a kid. And he will learn the hard way that it is time to grow up.

Then again, there are folks on here who think hitting someone with your car and leaving the scene is acceptable too....because the person had minor injuries. Where were they raised exactly.

You have your opinion and I have mine and that is fine. Leave it at that. I mean hell, I am a Fin Fan and you are a Bills fan and we co-exist here right??

TacklingDummy
06-15-2008, 07:42 AM
Trade his ass.

TacklingDummy
06-15-2008, 07:44 AM
And this dumbass that most of you are talking about will make 10 times the amount of money everyone on this board will make in their lifetime. If you call that a dumbass then sign me up asap.

If it wasn't for football and his athletic ability he probably would end up in jail.

Just because you are gifted and rich doesn't mean that you can't be a dumbass.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 08:53 AM
Say what you want, but there is no denying that style of writing appears uneducated. I have no idea if Marshawn is unintelligent. I don't understand the burning desire by some segments of society to form their own language. There seems to be an overwhelming need to be different. Unfortunately, the same people complain about discrimination and an inability to find jobs. It is a sad reflection on portions of our education system and segments of our society that we cannot raise our children to be educated. It is even more shocking when they have been to college and still do not seem to be educated.

The vast majority of people that can relate to Marshawn's style of writing are not educated and will never earn the kind of money that he does. That puts them into a terrible situation that usually leads to crime and drugs.

A few days ago, I met a man that is one of the refuges from Sudan known as the "Lost Boys of Sudan". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Boys_of_Sudan

He told his amazing story of survival. He was seven years old when he fled from his village. He survived for 15 years in refugee camps and literally walking thousands of miles between camps. He came to this country in 2001 as one of the first groups to leave Africa. He is now living in Buffalo and has graduated from the University of Niagara.

For him, and so many others, the most important thing in life is to get an education. He was given an opportunity and did not waste it. I wish that more of this countries athletes would feel the same way.

Goobylal
06-15-2008, 10:01 AM
Who cares how he writes on a blog? Seriously people, you sound like fools. It's in the same vein as that story about how Lynch is a thug because he brings his own alcohol to bars, ran into a pole in winter, and tried to retrieve a car he loaned to a relative who got into an accident, yet he has a clean arrest and driving record. Talk about scraping the bottom of the barrel for dirt!

Oh and it's been shown that spelling isn't a measure of intelligence. And it's obvious that he meant to spell things that way, because to his audience, it's cool.

Nighthawk
06-15-2008, 10:09 AM
Umm, folks...who cares?!?! I'm thinking that there are just a few too many judgemental people on this board.

DMBcrew36
06-15-2008, 10:14 AM
He's from Oakland people. Get over it.

He's a damn beast runningback - that's all that matters.

Jan Reimers
06-15-2008, 10:17 AM
He's from Oakland people.
They don't speak English in Oakland?:bandwagon

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 10:31 AM
They don't speak English in Oakland?:bandwagon

They don't speak English in most big inner cities in this country.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Umm, folks...who cares?!?! I'm thinking that there are just a few too many judgemental people on this board.

I would be perfectly fine with people speaking and writing however they want, except it doesn't end there. The very same people complain about their plight in society. It's attitudes like yours that partially enables the problem of the poor education system in this country. Somehow sounding uneducated in a badge of honor for some. If you want to sound uneducated, fine, but take care of yourself. I don't want to carry the burden for people who won't help themselves. When the only job you can get pays minimum wage, deal with it. If you can't afford luxuries in life, don't resort to crime to pay for the things that an education would provide for you. Immigrants from all over the world understand this much better that many of our citizens.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Oh and it's been shown that spelling isn't a measure of intelligence. And it's obvious that he meant to spell things that way, because to his audience, it's cool.

Tell me how it correlates to yearly income if you are not an athlete, entertainer, or criminal. Tell me how it correlates to spending time in prison. It has nothing to do with intelligence, but it does have something to do with education. It has everything to do with opportunities to succeed in this society.

Jan Reimers
06-15-2008, 10:44 AM
They don't speak English in most big inner cities in this country.
I know, and without getting into sociopolitical issues, that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I know, and without getting into sociopolitical issues, that speaks volumes, doesn't it?

It is the biggest factor in the future success of the young people being raised in that environment.

It's not an easy problem to solve. Unfortunately, it doesn't even get addressed because it automatically turns into a discussion about race. The truth of the matter is that it is a socioeconomic issue, not a race issue.

yordad
06-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Tell me how it correlates to yearly income if you are not an athlete, entertainer, or criminal. Tell me how it correlates to spending time in prison. It has nothing to do with intelligence, but it does have something to do with education. It has everything to do with opportunities to succeed in this society.I'm pretty sure he wouldn't turn in a resume like that.

raphael120
06-15-2008, 11:31 AM
He's from Oakland people. Get over it.

He's a damn beast runningback - that's all that matters.

And what happens if this season, for whatever reason, he ain't so "beast"-ish? Is he just a moron then because he's not a good athlete?

Whether or not you get punished in the NFL has a lot to do with how successful you are. Hell...take a look at Bellichick and the Pats. Like Cartman said in the one South Park...cheat and lose and youre a cheater, cheat and win its savvy.

Get busted doin something stupid and youre successful, it's not a big deal. But if you suck at football and are considered expendible, then youre ass is kicked to the curb.

If Lynch was a mediocre rookie...if he was Cedric Benson status, he would be blasted even more than he is now, hell the Bills might even consider cutting him.

TedMock
06-15-2008, 11:39 AM
How some kid "sounds" when typing on his blog - item number 1867 on the list of things I don't care about.

His craft, his job, is football. Period. He's good at what he's on this earth to do. Period. I wish I had that skill set. I have an MBA and I work in the regulation of wall street. My skills are different than those of my high school graduate brother-in-law who is also a very talented mechanic. He has a set of skill that I don't and I would love to have his skills. I can do math and legal investigations better than he can though. Woopty friggin do. My brother can't spell to save his life (his spelling is actually shockingly bad), yet he can rip apart a computer and put it back together in the blink of an eye. He's also the most mathematically inclined person I've ever met. Of course, if he had a blog, he'd be a "moron" according to many people.

To everyone out there who is upset that Marshawn doesn't sound like a good lawyer on his blog - I'm very sorry that you're jealous that this "stupid, ghetto black boy" is utilizing his talents to the fullest and making a heck of a lot more than you ever will mainly because you, the consumer, are willing to buy tickets and merchandise to support this ugly entertainment monster that is the NFL. Stop it already. Just because a kid doesn't sound like you think he should doesn't mean he's an idiot, a criminal, or a bad person. He's just not like you.

Goobylal
06-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Tell me how it correlates to yearly income if you are not an athlete, entertainer, or criminal. Tell me how it correlates to spending time in prison. It has nothing to do with intelligence, but it does have something to do with education. It has everything to do with opportunities to succeed in this society.
Well, here you have Lynch who is probably making more than all of us on here put together. What does THAT tell you?

And with spelling and grammar checkers, people don't need to be fastidious about either anymore. I'd say it shows more poorly on someone typing "your" for "you're" or "to" for "too" than misspelling these words. And I see that a LOT here, as well as elsewhere. But I don't get all worked-up about it and point it out.

THATHURMANATOR
06-15-2008, 02:37 PM
I could care less if he helps the Bills win a Superbowl!

hydro
06-15-2008, 02:56 PM
That doesn't sound right Corey...

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Well, here you have Lynch who is probably making more than all of us on here put together. What does THAT tell you?

And with spelling and grammar checkers, people don't need to be fastidious about either anymore. I'd say it shows more poorly on someone typing "your" for "you're" or "to" for "too" than misspelling these words. And I see that a LOT here, as well as elsewhere. But I don't get all worked-up about it and point it out.

Apparently your reading comprehension is a bit lacking....

Tell me how it correlates to yearly income if you are not an athlete, entertainer, or criminal.

It tells me that a tiny fraction of the uneducated young people can be successful in spite of their lack of education. It also tells me that Marshawn will likely be less successful than athletes that are also educated. The career of an athlete is very short and the money they make is often gone much earlier than they think. When that happens they are left with nothing to fall back on.

Marshawn does a huge disservice to his "peeps" when he writes like that. He legitimizes being uneducated. Unfortunately the vast, vast majority of the people who can relate will suffer as a result.

Goobylal
06-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Apparently your reading comprehension is a bit lacking....

It tells me that a tiny fraction of the uneducated young people can be successful in spite of their lack of education. It also tells me that Marshawn will likely be less successful than athletes that are also educated. The career of an athlete is very short and the money they make is often gone much earlier than they think. When that happens they are left with nothing to fall back on.

Marshawn does a huge disservice to his "peeps" when he writes like that. He legitimizes being uneducated. Unfortunately the vast, vast majority of the people who can relate will suffer as a result.
Apparently your inability to see that your point is moot because Lynch IS an athlete, is lacking. I couldn't care less how someone else fares who writes like this. The subject was Lynch to me it appears that he writes like that intentionally. Someone who writes like that all the time is another story.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Apparently your inability to see that your point is moot because Lynch IS an athlete, is lacking. I couldn't care less how someone else fares who writes like this. The subject was Lynch to me it appears that he writes like that intentionally. Someone who writes like that all the time is another story.

And if Lynch blows out his knee and is pumping gas in 10 years, you won't care because he doesn't play for the Bills any more. Nice attitude.

Goobylal
06-15-2008, 06:37 PM
And if Lynch blows out his knee and is pumping gas in 10 years, you won't care because he doesn't play for the Bills any more. Nice attitude.
Okay, let's use your hypothetical. Lynch signed a contract that gives him a little over $10M in guaranteed money. That's more than most people see in a lifetime, much less the span of 2-3 years (again, using your example). If he DOES end up pumping gas, I will have zero sympathy for him. He could have taken that money and invested it or at least put a good chunk in in a savings account. The point being, I have more important things to do than worry about how some former millionaire athlete squandered his opportunity (read: money), and there are far many more people who never had that chance and who deserve my sympathy more.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Okay, let's use your hypothetical. Lynch signed a contract that gives him a little over $10M in guaranteed money. That's more than most people see in a lifetime, much less the span of 2-3 years (again, using your example). If he DOES end up pumping gas, I will have zero sympathy for him. He could have taken that money and invested it or at least put a good chunk in in a savings account. The point being, I have more important things to do than worry about how some former millionaire athlete squandered his opportunity (read: money), and there are far many more people who never had that chance and who deserve my sympathy more.

Hence the need for better education. This is really not so hard to understand.

Goobylal
06-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Hence the need for better education. This is really not so hard to understand.
Yes, it's just that simple.

TedMock
06-16-2008, 07:22 AM

If Lynch blows out his knee it hurts us as fans more than it hurts him. He still has finance people taking care of his money and he'll still be wealthy for the rest of his life. It's not like the stories we hear of Mike Webster or Stanley Johnson can't happen, but the insane upfront money and all the professional help that these kids get today makes it a lot less likely.

I agree with you 100% that it's better to have an education than not. I would have stopped going to school long before I graduated had I felt otherwise. My point is that these are kids with freakish talents, but they're still kids in a lot of ways. Now, if he's blogging like that in 10 years I will question his maturity. I don't think he's an idiot by any stretch. I think he's putting on a show like so many 21 year old kids do. Complete independence hasn't quite set in. Hopefully he'll evolve into his own man some day. I just don't put too much into what he's blogging at this point in his life.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-16-2008, 09:12 AM
If Lynch blows out his knee it hurts us as fans more than it hurts him. He still has finance people taking care of his money and he'll still be wealthy for the rest of his life. It's not like the stories we hear of Mike Webster or Stanley Johnson can't happen, but the insane upfront money and all the professional help that these kids get today makes it a lot less likely.

I think you are mistaken about how often it happens. Especially if a career is cut short.

It was said that 60 per cent of retired NBA players go broke five years after their NBA paycheques stop arriving.

Most lottery winners or athletes make a great deal of money in a short period of time. They start spending it on things that only go down in value (cars, jewelry, partying, entourage,etc) and start to evaporate the money they do have. They can carry this off until they stop earning big money. This is when the trouble starts.

Most athletes play for four to ten years if they are lucky. After they pay taxes (can be 40 to 50%), agent fees and buy their first homes, cars, outfits, jewelry and then buy friends and family things they are left with very little. When they first “strike it rich” all of their longtime friends and family expect help. Most athletes feel obligated to help everyone out at first then they wise up. They also want to keep up with their teammates. If someone buys a Bentley they have to buy one, if someone buys a $75,000 watch they have to buy one to keep up the appearance. Then of course when the career ends and they are still living in a multi million dollar house, driving 3 expensive cars (and insurance), traveling in private planes and taking Limo’s when they go out on the town reality sets in. The money dries up very quickly.

http://gawker.com/tag/celebrity-science/?i=395643&t=why-do-so-many-star-athletes-go-broke

http://www.briancuban.com/why-athletes-go-broke/

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/299119

TedMock
06-16-2008, 01:44 PM
I think you are mistaken about how often it happens. Especially if a career is cut short.

I definitely think it happens. I just don't think it happens as often as it once did in the NFL. That leage does what it can to keep this from happening. They provide support groups, professionals, etc. If a player is living over what he can realistically afford, it's a common sense issue. I don't think (outside of certain majors) that a formal education prevents this from happening. If you're saying a formal education will help them be more attractive in the everyday job market, then yes, I certainly agree with you on that side.

Mudflap1
06-16-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm sorry Pat, I don't speak jive.

yordad
06-16-2008, 05:16 PM

Marshawn does a huge disservice to his "peeps" when he writes like that. He legitimizes being uneducated. Unfortunately the vast, vast majority of the people who can relate will suffer as a result.I think I will just quote you for my reply.....

I have no idea if Marshawn is unintelligent.You do know he went to Berkeley and majored in social welfare? I think you learned a lot less from his blog then you think you did. You do write good though. :up:

FinFaninBuffalo
06-16-2008, 06:49 PM
I think I will just quote you for my reply.....
You do know he went to Berkeley and majored in social welfare? I think you learned a lot less from his blog then you think you did. You do write good though. :up:

He went to Cal on a football scholarship. That doesn't prove he was academically qualified to go to Cal.

You seemed to have missed my points. I'll try to explain them to you.

1. I believe poor communication skills leads to trouble getting employed.
2. I believe poor writing skills indicate a lack of education but not necessarily lack of intelligence.
3. Marshawn's blog either demonstrates a lack of education or he is writing that way on purpose. Either way, it encourages others, including those that will never be professional athletes, to communicate the same way. That is harmful.

I think that Marshawn should set and example that getting an education is a good thing. If he didn't get an education then shame on Cal and shame on him.

yordad
06-16-2008, 07:01 PM
He went to Cal on a football scholarship. That doesn't prove he was academically qualified to go to Cal.

You seemed to have missed my points. I'll try to explain them to you.

1. I believe poor communication skills leads to trouble getting employed.
2. I believe poor writing skills indicate a lack of education but not necessarily lack of intelligence.
3. Marshawn's blog either demonstrates a lack of education or he is writing that way on purpose. Either way, it encourages others, including those that will never be professional athletes, to communicate the same way. That is harmful.

I think that Marshawn should set and example that getting an education is a good thing. If he didn't get an education then shame on Cal and shame on him.I caught your point, you missed mine.....
1. It is a blog, not a job resume.

So, are you saying his blog will encourage others not to get educated?

FinFaninBuffalo
06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
So, are you saying his blog will encorurage others not to get educated?

Absolutely. Athletes are role models, but not always good ones.

yordad
06-16-2008, 07:54 PM
Absolutely. Athletes are role models, but not always good ones.At least you are consistent.

Goobylal
06-16-2008, 07:56 PM
Absolutely.
Please.

B-DON
06-16-2008, 10:22 PM
since everyone on this board is so damn smart, i expect no grammatical errors in all posts and for all words to be spelled correctly. Lets see how many of you uptight *******s spell and word everything correctly.

p.s this post is only for those 40 and over who got offended. Get in touch with time

streetkings01
06-16-2008, 10:28 PM
I see someone has never sent a text b4?

FinFaninBuffalo
06-17-2008, 09:57 AM
since everyone on this board is so damn smart, i expect no grammatical errors in all posts and for all words to be spelled correctly. Lets see how many of you uptight *******s spell and word everything correctly.

p.s this post is only for those 40 and over who got offended. Get in touch with time

There is a big difference between a spelling or minor grammatical error and being unable (or unwilling) to form English sentences.

p.s. This post is only for those 25 and under who think it's cool to be functionally illiterate.

Jan Reimers
06-17-2008, 10:33 AM
Does anyone see a correlation between the gibberish in Marshawn's blog, and the high rates of school drop outs, crime, unemployment, drug use, etc., in inner city America?

Marshawn is blessed with wonderful athletic ability, which should translate into a great life for him.

Most urban core kids are not as lucky. The vast majority will need some basic level of skill with the English language - reading, writing and speaking - to compete successfully for jobs in this country.

Marshawn may only be funnin' in his blog, but I fear that what I see there is truly indicative of the communications skills of many inner city kids. And that will only perpetuate their inability to assimilate into mainstream America.

FinFaninBuffalo
06-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Does anyone see a correlation between the gibberish in Marshawn's blog, and the high rates of school drop outs, crime, unemployment, drug use, etc., in inner city America?

Marshawn is blessed with wonderful athletic ability, which should translate into a great life for him.

Most urban core kids are not as lucky. The vast majority will need some basic level of skill with the English language - reading, writing and speaking - to compete successfully for jobs in this country.

Marshawn may only be funnin' in his blog, but I fear that what I see there is truly indicative of the communications skills of many inner city kids. And that will only perpetuate their inability to assimilate into mainstream America.

The correlation is well known:

The correlation between crime and functional illiteracy is well-known to criminologists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminology) and sociologists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sociologists) throughout the world. In the early 2000s, it was estimated that 60% of adults in federal and state prisons in the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) were functionally or marginally illiterate, and 85% of juvenile offenders had problems associated with reading, writing, and basic mathematics.