• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

here's a surprise....woman may sue Lynch

The woman who was struck down by Marshawn Lynch’s Porsche SUV last month has hired two top personal injury attorneys to represent her in a possible lawsuit against the Buffalo Bills running back.
    And one of the attorneys, Timothy G. O’Connell of Buffalo, said the injuries Kimberley Shpeley suffered are worse than have been characterized by police and other public officials.
    “It’s not as minor as it has been reported,” O’Connell told The Buffalo News. “She’s under the active care of several different physicians for injuries to several different parts of her body. She’s still under medical care.”
    O’Connell declined to give any more specifics about his client’s injuries, and he said no decision has been made on whether Shpeley will file a lawsuit against Lynch.
    But the attorney noted that, under New York State law, the owner of a motor vehicle can be held liable for damages or injuries caused by the vehicle, even if someone else — other than a thief — is driving the vehicle.
    “We have begun conducting our own investigation into this incident,” O’Connell said. “Quite clearly, things are not going well in the police investigation.”
    O’Connell said Shpeley is single, employed and “a very sweet person” who does not follow professional football.
    She never heard of Marshawn Lynch before this incident, and in fact, she had no idea who he was until she started hearing about him in the news media,” O’Connell said.
    full story

• Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: here's a surprise....woman may sue Lynch

I'd hire someone to follow her around to make sure that she wasn't lifting bags of groceries, kickboxing....
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Lawyers are great, aren't they? She now has injuries far more serious than a couple of bruises and a few stitches, and she is a nearly perfect person. Must have been on Chippewa at 3:30 AM looking for the Christian Science Reading Room.

And of course she had no idea who Marshawn was.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Every time I hear or read anything written or spoken by an attorney I feel much better about myself. I know not all are like that but I belive a prerequisite for becoming an attorney, especially the personal injury type, is being full of crap.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          • May 2003

Originally posted by BAM
          Every time I hear or read anything written or spoken by an attorney I feel much better about myself.
          I'm a consultant, and they make my profession look good. Most personal injury lawyers rank lower than used car salesmen on the Scum Scale.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

She's regretting having gotten up and walked to the ambulance under her own power.
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Cntrygal
              She's regretting having gotten up and walked to the ambulance under her own power.
              She must not have realized that she had serious neurological problems and would probably require spinal fusion and brain surgery.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

She's well within her rights to try and cash-in here. She was hit by a car and deserves compensation at least for the trauma of what happened. As for the extent of her injuries, given that she walked to the ambulance and was treated and released, it will be hard to prove that she suffered serious ones.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  • May 2003

She certainly deserves compensation, as well as our concern. The funny thing, though, is hearing her lawyer's stereotypical posturing and pronouncements.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                    • Feb 2005

This is why Marshawn's lawyer instructed Marshawn to keep his mouth shut from the start. Marshawn was probably driving and if he admits he was driving - jackpot for the woman. He keeps his mouth shut and hopefully can hold on to his cash.

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
                      I'd hire someone to follow her around to make sure that she wasn't lifting bags of groceries, kickboxing....
                      I wonder if she has a job and went to work on her next scheduled day. That'll help her case.
                      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        She certainly deserves compensation, as well as our concern. The funny thing, though, is hearing her lawyer's stereotypical posturing and pronouncements.
                        That's no surprise to me. I knew that would be coming. But unfortunately for her, she didn't play it right. But she'll still get some decent coin.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                          I wonder if she has a job and went to work on her next scheduled day. That'll help her case.
                          Lynch's defense attorney(s) will uncover it, if it happened. If they were smart, they would have hired a PI to follow her soon after the accident to see just how impaired she was, rather than waiting for the lawsuit and her starting to act impaired.

Comment

• mybills
                            81 st zoner
                            • Jul 2002

People sue too easily these days. If you don't have health ins, you missed work or school, and or are permanently ruined, then sue. Otherwise, just go through auto ins and don't pay the lawyer for doing what you can do yourself. I don't believe there's been "no decision made"..she has a lawyer, she is going to sue.
                            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                              People sue too easily these days. If you don't have health ins, you missed work or school, and or are permanently ruined, then sue. Otherwise, just go through auto ins and don't pay the lawyer for doing what you can do yourself. I don't believe there's been "no decision made"..she has a lawyer, she is going to sue.
                              I don't agree. The bottom line is she was hit, suffered injury (although minor), and that's traumatic. She deserves something for that alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X