So why hasn't Lynch or anyone been charged with anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

So why hasn't Lynch or anyone been charged with anything?

2 weeks later?

is it because they have no idea what happened?

the buffalo pd and DA looked like they were trying to get some publicity.. they may end up looking completely incompetent.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Re: So why hasn't Lynch or anyone been charged with anything?

Originally posted by Tatonka
    2 weeks later?

is it because they have no idea what happened?

the buffalo pd and DA looked like they were trying to get some publicity.. they may end up looking completely incompetent.

And they're making such a big deal because he's a football player. If it were me that drove away from that incident, it would be filed away somewhere and nobody would have heard a thing.
    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
      And they're making such a big deal because he's a football player. If it were me that drove away from that incident, it would be filed away somewhere and nobody would have heard a thing.
      Oh come on. If it was you, they definitely would have served subpoenas to your best friends as well as your boss and the owner of your company, who were both home sleeping at the time. It's standard practice.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Because with so much media scrutiny along with people who have no idea what is actually going on being critical of them it takes time. God forbid they are careful or get all the facts. Also when people dont cooperate things take longer. This isn't Law and Order where a case gets wrapped up in 45 minutes and the court proceedings take 15.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

It looks like something will happen soon:

LINK

Lynch's attorney, Michael P. Caffery, told The Buffalo News this morning that he hopes to have the case resolved soon, but he declined to comment further.

"We'd like to obtain a resolution soon," Caffery said. "I can't say any more than that."

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Lynch would be much better off coming in voluntarily to give his account of events to the police, versus being arrested and coming in handcuffed.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Patrick76777
              It wouldn't be a big deal because you would have already been arrested, interogated, and tricked into confession.
              Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Lynch would be much better off coming in voluntarily to give his account of events to the police, versus being arrested and coming in handcuffed.
              He isn't going to be in handcuffs or arrested. If anything he will get an appearence ticket.
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

Originally posted by yordad
                It wouldn't be a big deal because you would have already been arrested, interogated, and tricked into confession.
                He isn't going to be in handcuffs or arrested. If anything he will get an appearence ticket.
                Police procedures must be far more lenient in New York than they are in North Carolina.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

The idiot DA knows that he doesn't have squat! He's trying to scare Marshawn and the other Bills players into talking, but without that, I don't think he has enough to bring him in.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    The idiot DA knows that he doesn't have squat! He's trying to scare Marshawn and the other Bills players into talking, but without that, I don't think he has enough to bring him in.
                    But he'll then covene a grand jury, and 6 or 7 Bills' players and executives - who have apparently already been served subpoenas - will be forced to talk.

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Police procedures must be far more lenient in New York than they are in North Carolina.
                      I think they probably are. And, I am not sure, but with a high priced lawyer, that would probably happen there to.

There would only be one purpose in arresting him: to set bail. Since he is a zero flight risk, his bail will probably be zero. He will likely be release under his own recognisance. I mean, look at his job, and compare it to how small the charge is going to be.

Does anyone think he will flee to Mexico?

He will be brought in by his attorney, arraigned, and released.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                        • Feb 2003

He doesn't have to say a damn thing. The cops have nothing on him.
                        "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                        We are the Rockpile
                        We are the Rockpile
                        BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• FinFaninBuffalo
                          Registered Fish
                          • Aug 2006

I cannot understand why people keep insisting that the police have nothing. There were witnesses. There is evidence. There were other people in the SUV. They will be forced to talk and they also have lawyers who will tell them to tell the truth. It makes no sense to commit perjury to help a teammate avoid a misdemeanor. The driver would be the biggest jack off of all time to expect it. The passengers would have to be the biggest idiots of all time. They will be forced to tell who was driving. This has always been about trying to pressure the driver to come clean.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by FinFaninBuffalo
                            I cannot understand why people keep insisting that the police have nothing. There were witnesses. There is evidence. There were other people in the SUV. They will be forced to talk and they also have lawyers who will tell them to tell the truth. It makes no sense to commit perjury to help a teammate avoid a misdemeanor. The driver would be the biggest jack off of all time to expect it. The passengers would have to be the biggest idiots of all time. They will be forced to tell who was driving. This has always been about trying to pressure the driver to come clean.
                            People will stop insisting the police have nothing when the police stop acting like they have nothing. It's been over two weeks and nothing new has come out. Whatever evidence the police had today, they've had for days- and they've had most of it for the entire two weeks. Yet, they still haven't filed charges.

It was raining. The vehicle had tinted windows, and most of the people on Chippewa at 3:30 am are drunk. You think they got a good look at the driver? Supposedly there's a video of the incident- if the video didn't capture the driver, there's a good chance that the witnesses didn't get a good look either.

And there's a big flaw in what you just said: if the cops have evidence, why would they have to pressure the driver to come forward? If the driver doesn't come forward, they just take him to court. That's their job.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SpillerThrills
                              • Oct 2005

now I understand that the police are claiming to have witnesses and everything else, but don't you think if they could prove that it was ML that he would have been brought in already???? honestly, if the Buffalo PD and the DA's office had something solid against Lynch they would have brought him in already no matter what his lawyer said....
                              2008-2009 BZHL Champion!
                              2008 Pro Football Pick 'em Champion!
                              2008 Survival Football Co-Champion!
                              2006-2007 3 Star Pick 'em Champion!

Comment

Working...
                              X