• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The dichotomy of the Lynch situation

First, let me preface this with the fact that I'm assuming Lynch was driving the car. So far, there has been no credible evidence to suggest otherwise.

Part of me wants to see him take his punishment- not necessarily get the proverbial book thrown at him, but a fair punishment for what he did: caused an injury while driving (quite possibly while drunk) and left the scene of the accident. All too often, athletes, politicians and other people in the public eye get away with crimes simply because of who they are. And I'm sick of it.

But at the same time, the football fan in me wants to see him get off completely. Our opponents have no moral qualms about putting thugs on the field. Baltimore has been successful against Buffalo in the Ray Lewis era. The Bengals- well, enough said. Hell, Jimmy Johnson beat us in the Super Bowl twice with a bunch of coke-heads and wife beaters, and had a similar bunch of convicts in Miami. And New England CHEATS AT FOOTBALL. The Bills have largely avoided disciplinary issues for years, even as other teams practically had to give parole officers office space in their facilities.

After years of holding the moral high ground (and losing to teams that don't), can we get a pass just this once? Of all the things that could have happened and all the things that other NFL players have done- this is relatively minor. I'd hate for Lynch to get suspended and hose our season for one minor incident after years of being one of the cleanest (if not the cleanest) clubs in the NFL.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Voltron
    • Jul 2002

Re: The dichotomy of the Lynch situation

(Sounding like my mom) " If all the other teams went and jumped off a bridge would the Bills jump off a bridge too?!"

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I agree totally with your first two paragraphs, Op, and I certainly understand the rest.

But at this point, because Marshawn has been such a snivelling coward - uncooperative, hiding behind his lawyer, showing no concern for the victim, getting his teammates and Bills' front office personnel subpoenaed - I hope he has the book thrown at him legally, eats a big law suit, and gets suspended by the league.

I want to win, but not that bad.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Voltron
        (Sounding like my mom) " If all the other teams went and jumped off a bridge would the Bills jump off a bridge too?!"

I'm not saying we should turn a blind eye to disciplinary problems. I'm just saying that other teams have been getting away with much more egregious offenses for years and I don't want to see us get burned for the one time we had a relatively minor screw up.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          I agree totally with your first two paragraphs, Op, and I certainly understand the rest.

But at this point, because Marshawn has been such a snivelling coward - uncooperative, hiding behind his lawyer, showing no concern for the victim, getting his teammates and Bills' front office personnel subpoenaed - I hope he has the book thrown at him legally, eats a big law suit, and gets suspended by the league.

I want to win, but not that bad.
          lawsuit. Fine.

Legally? Sure, as long as there is no jail time.

No suspension. Not for one act.

I understand why he lawyered up and I think the NFL would have a hard time suspending him for using his legal right to representation. I too am frustrated by his non-action, but I am not sure if a suspension would hold up unless he had a pattern of behaivor.
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Assuming he's the driver and is guilty , if he isn't punished now, he's bound to repeat the same thing until he learns his lesson . I'd rather deal with it now than later . UNless he's learned his lesson, we bills fans are gonna have headaches down the road eitherways.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              Assuming he's the driver and is guilty , if he isn't punished now, he's bound to repeat the same thing until he learns his lesson . I'd rather deal with it now than later . UNless he's learned his lesson, we bills fans are gonna have headaches down the road eitherways.
              good point- I just hope all the punishment comes off the field because it's really not fair to his teammates or the fans to punish him on the field.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                • Apr 2005

Just found this on another board, heres a picture of the woman if anyone cares

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  good point- I just hope all the punishment comes off the field because it's really not fair to his teammates or the fans to punish him on the field.
                  It's totally fair. He should be hit where it really hurts - in the pocket book.

What really isn't fair is for him to run over a woman, show no remorse, take no responsibility, and get his teammates and Bills' execs caught up in HIS mess
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

It's totally fair. He should be hit where it really hurts - in the pocket book.

What really isn't fair is for him to run over a woman, show no remorse, take no responsibility, and get his teammates and Bills' execs caught up in HIS mess
                    really?

If you did this and got a fine and community service, would you also be suspended from your job and lose income? Somehow, I doubt it. Trust me- he's going to be hit where it hurts during the civil suit.

And if he does what you want and comes clean, it just adds to the price of that civil suit.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

* Thursday June 19th: Dump the Pump Day 1 day ago Article Comments
                      On a unrelated note, this is a moronic idea.

"Yes!! If I don't buy gas for one day, the prices will drop!!!"

****ing idiots.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        • May 2003

really?

If you did this and got a fine and community service, would you also be suspended from your job and lose income? Somehow, I doubt it.
                        I might just suspend myself from my own company, just to teach myself a lesson.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

I might just suspend myself from my own company, just to teach myself a lesson.
                          if one of your employees is convicted of a misdemeanor but does not receive jail time or miss any work because of it, do you fine or suspend them?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

then we'd have to apologize to Pacman Jones.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              then we'd have to apologize to Pacman Jones.
                              Pacman didn't get punished the first time either.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X