PDA

View Full Version : Official Madden 09 Ratings

Oaf
06-18-2008, 12:44 AM
Here they are, all players. We got some respect this year but l think I'll be tweaking a few players yet. Surprisingly accurate assessments by EA if you ask me.

Who you going to start?

McKelvin or Greer? (I think I'll be making Greer slightly better and McGee slightly worse)
Simpson or Wilson? (I may actually go with Wilson)
DiG or Poz? (Not as clear cut as you may think)
(Dare I say it?) Losman or Edwards? JP has 4 up on strength, more speed, but 7 down on accuracy.

Steve Johnson has solid ratings for a 7th rounder. KiWi got respect. I may improve Jackson a bit, and maybe Reed's catching.

Night Train
06-18-2008, 02:38 AM
I'm not Madden savvy but isn't this upcoming season 2008 ?

jamze132
06-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Don't they go a year out? :idunno:

hydro
06-18-2008, 07:33 AM
For some reason the Madden games are always a year in advance in the name. Not sure why exactly.

BuffaloBillsStampede
06-18-2008, 08:32 AM
I dont know why, but I dont see a link to anything?

casdhf
06-18-2008, 08:36 AM
I don't either.

Jan Reimers
06-18-2008, 08:39 AM
Things must be a lot different in Madden, because in real football, Poz is a much better player than DiGiorgio.

The Spaz
06-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Link?

madness
06-18-2008, 09:09 AM
No link for those who care?

:wtf: :link:

Dujek
06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Have a link (http://www.pastapadre.com/2645/madden-09-player-and-team-ratings?nggpage=4) then. Google is your friend.

Pinkerton Security
06-18-2008, 11:02 AM
http://sports.ign.com/madden09/bills.html

FlyingDutchman
06-18-2008, 11:03 AM
For some reason the Madden games are always a year in advance in the name. Not sure why exactly.

Bc when the playoffs and super bowl are completed, it will be 2009. The Giants are the 2008 Super Bowl Champs

The Answer
06-18-2008, 11:37 AM
Things must be a lot different in Madden, because in real football, Poz is a much better player than DiGiorgio.

Based on what exactly?

Seriously I don't hate Poz, but for a guy that played a grand total of two nfl games some of you think he is Brian freaking Urlacher. Why don't we see if he can at least stay healthy for half of the season first before we annoint him a superstar.

At least Madden is being fare and ranking him no better than The Digi at this point, although I do disagree and think The Digi should be rated at least 90.

~The Answer

madness
06-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Wow, I haven't seen this much love since the 90's! :up:

FlyingDutchman
06-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Based on what exactly?

Seriously I don't hate Poz, but for a guy that played a grand total of two nfl games some of you think he is Brian freaking Urlacher. Why don't we see if he can at least stay healthy for half of the season first before we annoint him a superstar.

At least Madden is being fare and ranking him no better than The Digi at this point, although I do disagree and think The Digi should be rated at least 90.

~The Answer

why do you develop man crushes on back up players?

Jan Reimers
06-18-2008, 01:27 PM
Based on what exactly?

~The Answer
Based on the 2 plus games that Poz played, as a raw rookie, and was among the league leaders in tackles versus the 13 plus that DiGiorgio - a second year guy - played and got pushed all over the field.

Don't get me wrong. DiGi is a good, high effort guy who is an effective backup. Poz is simply bigger, stronger, faster and more instinctive.

What I don't understand is your absolute disdain for Poz.

The Answer
06-18-2008, 01:33 PM
why do you develop man crushes on back up players?

No mancrush homes - just respect and admiration for all the young up and coming playmakers we have on this team.

~The Answer

The Answer
06-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Based on the 2 plus games that Poz played, as a raw rookie, and was among the league leaders in tackles versus the 13 plus that DiGiorgio - a second year guy - played and got pushed all over the field.

Don't get me wrong. DiGi is a good, high effort guy who is an effective backup. Poz is simply bigger, stronger, faster and more instinctive.

What I don't understand is your absolute disdain for Poz.

Let's just see what happens - last year The Digi outplayed Poz in camp and I expect an even more fierce and intense battle this year.

Again - I don't hate Poz, I just feel that he has injury issues and was overrated coming out of college.

~The Answer

PECKERWOOD
06-18-2008, 02:34 PM
I LOVE THESE RATINGS!!! Some of my random thoughts on the subject:

I'm so gonna kick ass with the Bills in Madden and MIKEMAC will be my first victim! :snicker:

They got Stroud at a 94 - probably a little too high but I'll take it.
Fred Jackson is only a 79 overall. :mad:
DiGi should be higher rated than Poz but I understand why they made the two rated the same.. They probably figure that most fans would prefer to have Poz in the starting role versus DiGi..

JASON PETERS HAS ARRIVED!!! 97 overall, very nice.

both Losman and Edwards are rated 79 overall.. (lol)

Langston Walker and Butler got ****ed over, imo. Those two linemen (I think) deserve to be rated in the low 90's. Most people don't know this but Lynch actually had way more success running on the right side of the OL and not the left side.

Whitner is rated a 92 and deservingly so, he is developing into one of the hardest hitting safeties in the NFL. He has surpassed Michael Huff who was taken a spot higher.

Moorman had a bad season but he should still be rated higher than that.

mikemac2001
06-18-2008, 02:55 PM
First off I agree with everything that you said BUT One comment....fred jackson is lower bc no one knows about him

And don't leave out the speed we have at WR hardy could be 6'6 on game but better be atleast 6'5 thats a huge WR with 93 spd im already drooling

2nd Ellis has 82 spd at end which i like ( i glanced so may be wrong) also TE has good stats but his AWR sucks which isn't that big of a deal when your playing

i think ovr the team is playable and can win against people...once the game is out my first week is gonna try to find glitches with hardy....and thats just bc i want to win the tournament with the bills and it would be sweet to

Don't like anderson not on the roster he is a big weapon also

i think this year with the speed with have at WR the perfect plays with be drags or slant/drags (little deeper not a sharp cut) and double move fake slant to out or fake in to out

I LOVE THESE RATINGS!!! Some of my random thoughts on the subject:

I'm so gonna kick ass with the Bills in Madden and MIKEMAC will be my first victim! :snicker:

They got Stroud at a 94 - probably a little too high but I'll take it.
Fred Jackson is only a 79 overall. :mad:
DiGi should be higher rated than Poz but I understand why they made the two rated the same.. They probably figure that most fans would prefer to have Poz in the starting role versus DiGi..

JASON PETERS HAS ARRIVED!!! 97 overall, very nice.

both Losman and Edwards are rated 79 overall.. (lol)

Langston Walker and Butler got ****ed over, imo. Those two linemen (I think) deserve to be rated in the low 90's. Most people don't know this but Lynch actually had way more success running on the right side of the OL and not the left side.

Whitner is rated a 92 and deservingly so, he is developing into one of the hardest hitting safeties in the NFL. He has surpassed Michael Huff who was taken a spot higher.

Moorman had a bad season but he should still be rated higher than that.

Luisito23
06-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Secret had no problem going all the way with the Bills, and that team was not as nearly as talented when he won it all.....If you got real skills you find a way to win with just about any team.....:oops:

Jan Reimers
06-18-2008, 03:44 PM
Let's just see what happens - last year The Digi outplayed Poz in camp

~The Answer
Gee, I wonder why Poz was the opening day starter, then? Must be his uncle or someone is on the coaching staff.

madness
06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
They just better improve that whack ass playbook!

The Spaz
06-18-2008, 04:14 PM
The biggest improvement with the Bills in 09 is the o-line. I don't know how many times I had a goo play called and it would have worked if I at least had a second to throw the damn ball instead getting sacked in .5 of a second.

Oaf
06-18-2008, 05:00 PM
LMAO, sorry for not including a link!
DiG performance was that of an above average starter and Poz hasn't proved anything yet which is why I think it's appropriate that both are 83's. They both have different strengths and weaknesses too, which is intriguing. No way DiG should be a 90. I think I'll be improving Fred a bit and Brad Butler as well, they earned it.

I remember when I first heard about Peters as a monsterous UDFA TE. Even though he wasn't close to being created in Madden, I still created him as a 345 lb TE who was slow but could destroy. Look how far he has come. Now if he'll just be patient while we sign Crowell and Evans.

yordad
06-18-2008, 05:07 PM
Based on what exactly?

~The AnswerBased on the fact he had nearly twice as many tackles per game. :idunno:

yordad
06-18-2008, 05:23 PM
How fast are our receivers?

mikemac2001
06-18-2008, 06:41 PM
Secret had no problem going all the way with the Bills, and that team was not as nearly as talented when he won it all.....If you got real skills you find a way to win with just about any team.....:oops:

o also secret was playing on 360 for two months before the show was taped...and i had 1 day to practice before i was flown out to Atlanta, also i win that game 8/10 times and secret really didn't do much then run goalline hb dive not really skillful just a ****ty made game

but hey you would know since you watched what espn put on