How would you feel about the Bills sharing 4 games with Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

How would you feel about the Bills sharing 4 games with Toronto?

This might be the reality down the road. I'll take it. Bills football is Bills football no matter where you play it. Heard about this on WGR55 this morning.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • Captain gameboy
    • Jul 2002

Re: How would you feel about the Bills sharing 4 games with Toronto?

Furious.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Four is too many.

Hell, 1 is too many, but 2 is the absolute most we could tolerate and still be the Buffalo Bills.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

I think it would only want that as an absolute last resort and every other option would need to be explored first. While it would truly suck it would be better than losing the team entirely when the next owner of the Billls buys the team. I rather see them keep the name and play four games in Buffalo than move to Toronto or LA permanently.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

It would be OK with me, as long as they were still called the Buffalo Bills. It would be far better than losing the team completely.

Then again, I have a different situation than most season ticket holders, driving as far as I do.The more limited schedule would actually make it a little easier on me.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by blackonyx89
            This might be the reality down the road. I'll take it. Bills football is Bills football no matter where you play it. Heard about this on WGR55 this morning.
            4 games each year? That would just suck. I am fine with 1 game.

Comment

• blackonyx89
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              It would be OK with me, as long as they were still called the Buffalo Bills. It would be far better than losing the team completely.

Then again, I have a different situation than most season ticket holders, driving as far as I do.The more limited schedule would actually make it a little easier on me.
              How about the Buffalo/Toronto Bills? Make the Buffalo smaller and add the maple leaf on it or something representing Toronto on it.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
                • Jul 2002

Lake Ontario Bills?

Comment

• blackonyx89
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by tanked
                  Lake Ontario Bills?
                  No. Speaking of silly names how about The Buronto Bills? LOL!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by blackonyx89
                    How about the Buffalo/Toronto Bills? Make the Buffalo smaller and add the maple leaf on it or something representing Toronto on it.
                    You might as well go to TorBufChester, which is a name I don't particularly like, but it would include the Bills' large contingent of Rochester area fans.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

If it comes to that, they might as well take them.

I'll be done with football all together then.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        You might as well go to TorBufChester, which is a name I don't particularly like, but it would include the Bills' large contingent of Rochester area fans.
                        I apologize to the Rochester region!!! Much love!!!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by Historian
                          If it comes to that, they might as well take them.

I'll be done with football all together then.
                          But wouldn't the glass still be half full?

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                            • Sep 2003

I have been making this prediction for months. And I've taken much grief from the ostriches for it as well. Buffalo's best bet to keep the Bills is a shared arrangement with Toronto.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. National Post offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Here's a quote from yesterday by Erie County Executive Chris Collins from the above link: "There's a lot of things in play," Collins said. "But a negotiation that keeps them known as the Buffalo Bills, with four or more games played here, I think, most people would consider a win." So our local leaders are already working this angle.

Please note the phrase "four or more" games. In the future, the NFL will play a 17 game schedule, 20 or 21 if you want to include pre-season. So Collins makes it sound like he's talking a 50-50 split, but really it could wind up being 66/33. Counting pre-season, a team will have 10 home dates and 1 neutral site game. If Buffalo gets its 4 (1-pre and 3-reg) that leaves 7 games in Toronto.

Be prepared that it could wind up that way. In fact the ONLY way it won't be a 100% move is with intervention from the NFL, Congress and/or the Canadian government. When the Bills are sold there will have to be a stipulation that some games stay in Buffalo, and maybe even the name "Buffalo Bills" sticks too. The Toronto Buffalo Bills may sound odd but that could be the name going forward.

PTR
                            10 Commandments of the D
                            1. Never stop Rocking.
                            2. Legalize all drugs.
                            3. Quit your day job.
                            4. All Religion should be taxed.
                            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                            6. F**k her gently.
                            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                              I have been making this prediction for months. And I've taken much grief from the ostriches for it as well. Buffalo's best bet to keep the Bills is a shared arrangement with Toronto.

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. National Post offers information on latest national and international events & more.

Here's a quote from yesterday by Erie County Executive Chris Collins from the above link: "There's a lot of things in play," Collins said. "But a negotiation that keeps them known as the Buffalo Bills, with four or more games played here, I think, most people would consider a win." So our local leaders are already working this angle.

Please note the phrase "four or more" games. In the future, the NFL will play a 17 game schedule, 20 or 21 if you want to include pre-season. So Collins makes it sound like he's talking a 50-50 split, but really it could wind up being 66/33. Counting pre-season, a team will have 10 home dates and 1 neutral site game. If Buffalo gets its 4 (1-pre and 3-reg) that leaves 7 games in Toronto.

Be prepared that it could wind up that way. In fact the ONLY way it won't be a 100% move is with intervention from the NFL, Congress and/or the Canadian government. When the Bills are sold there will have to be a stipulation that some games stay in Buffalo, and maybe even the name "Buffalo Bills" sticks too. The Toronto Buffalo Bills may sound odd but that could be the name going forward.

PTR
                              Here's the tricky part. When Ralph Wilson Stadium gets too old to play in, what happens next?

Comment

Working...
                              X