PDA

View Full Version : Simpson or Wilson?

gr8slayer
06-18-2008, 01:49 PM
We've seen both of them get a full year of starting. Both had the same experience as a FS in the NFL. So which one are you pulling for to win the job this year?

RockStar36
06-18-2008, 01:51 PM
I'd rather have Simpson although Wilson did have two touchdowns.

gr8slayer
06-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I'd rather have Simpson although Wilson did have two touchdowns.
I'm pulling for Wilson, I think that having been a WR for years gives him the edge. He has more of a game changer feel to me than Simpson does.

Dozerdog
06-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Ralph dosn't have the speed anymore at 88 years old. I'll go with Ko

hydro
06-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I like Wilsons' game changing ability too. He would really compliment Whitners' run stopping abilities.

justasportsfan
06-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Wilson got burned a lot. He's been nothing more than lucky.

RockStar36
06-18-2008, 01:59 PM
The above post is what I'm worried about. I think many people will remember those two touchdowns but not realize the other plays that he had. And in respect to Ko, he did have a huge INT against GB that should've been a touchdown so it's not really that huge of a difference. I just feel more comfortable with Ko.

gr8slayer
06-18-2008, 02:01 PM
Wilson got burned a lot. He's been nothing more than lucky.
I didn't see it; I saw Whitner get burned more than Wilson did.

patmoran2006
06-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Simpson by a mile, in this junior journalist's opinion.

DraftBoy
06-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Ko is the ball hawk we need back there and is more experienced.

OpIv37
06-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I didn't see it; I saw Whitner get burned more than Wilson did.

It's the system.
It's the lack of the pass rush.
Whitner was out of position to cover for Wilson or someone else who was out of position.

Marv picked Whitner so it's NEVER Whitner's fault. Try to keep up, okay?

yordad
06-18-2008, 02:21 PM
We've seen both of them get a full year of starting. Both had the same experience as a FS in the NFL. So which one are you pulling for to win the job this year?I'm not pulling for either, and Wilson didn't start a full year. That said, I think Simpson is better.

justasportsfan
06-18-2008, 02:26 PM
It's the system.
It's the lack of the pass rush.
Whitner was out of position to cover for Wilson or someone else who was out of position.

Marv picked Whitner so it's NEVER Whitner's fault. Try to keep up, okay?

:rofl: This thread is about Wilson or Simpson. Not Whitner.
I think you should try to keep up. Mkay?

PS -No one in this thread said Whitner is a probowler or has lived up to his being drafted at 8. YOu're so quick to dump on anything done by Marv even when no one is praising him here.

patmoran2006
06-18-2008, 02:29 PM
The only game I can remember Wilson getting absolutely torched on was the home New England game.

I like Wilson.. as a good role player/backup.

I think Simpson provided he stays healthy is going to be the real deal. In fact, as I said last week on this board, I like Simpson better than Whitner as well.

PECKERWOOD
06-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Simpson is better in coverage and in run support, while I do give an edge to Wilson when it comes to getting interceptions.

gr8slayer
06-18-2008, 02:51 PM
The only game I can remember Wilson getting absolutely torched on was the home New England game.

I like Wilson.. as a good role player/backup.

I think Simpson provided he stays healthy is going to be the real deal. In fact, as I said last week on this board, I like Simpson better than Whitner as well.
Whitner got owned by Moss too, a lot of Safeties got owned by the Patriots this year if you didn't notice..

gr8slayer
06-18-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm not pulling for either, and Wilson didn't start a full year. That said, I think Simpson is better.
Nit pick much? Wilson started the vast majority of the games.

Michael82
06-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Ko Simpson and Donte Whitner were going to be an awesome tandem together last year. I saw them at training camp and they were gelling nicely. I was excited to see them in their 2nd season together. Then Ko went down with the injury. George Wilson did a good job filling in, but Ko Simpson is the guy I want to see at FS.

Mitchy moo
06-18-2008, 03:37 PM
At least we have a little depth anyways.

madness
06-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Ko has the better range. Ko all the way.

Oaf
06-18-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm pulling hard for Wilson but I think Ko will start.

raphael120
06-18-2008, 04:12 PM
I think the only thing wilson has up on Ko is maybe better hands, as he should being a WR, but I think Ko is the one who should have the innate ability at the FS position as he's been one his whole college/pro career while Wilson has only had 1 season. Wilson is a VERY good depth player, that being said.

OpIv37
06-18-2008, 04:46 PM
:rofl: This thread is about Wilson or Simpson. Not Whitner.
I think you should try to keep up. Mkay?

PS -No one in this thread said Whitner is a probowler or has lived up to his being drafted at 8. YOu're so quick to dump on anything done by Marv even when no one is praising him here.

I'm not dumping on Marv. I'm not even really dumping on Whitner. I'm dumping on the way everyone here defends Whitner and makes excuses for him even though he's done next to nothing.

streetkings01
06-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Wilson cant tackle, Ko can so that should end the discussion. I like Wilson and all but both his INT were gift wrapped to him. The INT against the Cowgirls was thrown over Whittens head and right to Wilson, the 2nd INT was off a hailmary pass in the Jets game, and the Dolphins fumble return was pure luck and a little Beck(lol)!

raphael120
06-18-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm not dumping on Marv. I'm not even really dumping on Whitner. I'm dumping on the way everyone here defends Whitner and makes excuses for him even though he's done next to nothing.

but he's a good leader.....:dance:

Lefty2985
06-18-2008, 06:46 PM
ko is all around better cover run support. he knows where the ball is. he didnt get burned nearly as much as wilson.

Nighthawk
06-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Honestly, Wilson isn't all that good.

Jan Reimers
06-18-2008, 07:12 PM
Simpson is a good playmaker, with the potential to get much better. Wilson is a decent backup.

Scumbag College
06-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I was as disappointed with Simpson's injury last year than any other injury. I love what he did as a rookie fourth round pick, and I think if he comes back to where he was before his injury that he may turn into a solid NFL starter, maybe even a pro bowler.

Ko has great size and speed, can hit, and improved as 2006 went on. Wilson is a good backup, utility player, and special teamer. I hope Wilson makes the team and can be useful, but Ko can become something special if he's physically ready.

OpIv37
06-18-2008, 08:42 PM
I was as disappointed with Simpson's injury last year than any other injury. I love what he did as a rookie fourth round pick, and I think if he comes back to where he was before his injury that he may turn into a solid NFL starter, maybe even a pro bowler.

Ko has great size and speed, can hit, and improved as 2006 went on. Wilson is a good backup, utility player, and special teamer. I hope Wilson makes the team and can be useful, but Ko can become something special if he's physically ready.

I'm not worried about Ko's physical abilities. I'm worried about his mental ones. He was out of position a LOT in 2006. Granted, it was his rookie season, but hopefully he used all that recovery to study the playbook and watch film because he has a long way to go.

The Spaz
06-18-2008, 09:04 PM
Looks like a landslide in Simpson' favor and I agree.

mysticsoto
06-19-2008, 07:46 AM
I think the only thing wilson has up on Ko is maybe better hands, as he should being a WR, but I think Ko is the one who should have the innate ability at the FS position as he's been one his whole college/pro career while Wilson has only had 1 season. Wilson is a VERY good depth player, that being said.

I think this is the best explanation that I've seen up to now and agree 100%. Ko is likely to have the better innate ability as this is his true position. But Wilson has come a long way, and I feel very comfortable having him as depth and backup.

justasportsfan
06-19-2008, 08:15 AM
nobody said anything to pump up Whitner. You're the only one getting defensive

PECKERWOOD
06-19-2008, 08:34 AM
This is the most lopsided poll I've ever seen, lol. 34 votes to 4, conversation over.

OpIv37
06-19-2008, 08:38 AM
nobody said anything to pump up Whitner. You're the only one getting defensive

it was a preemptive strike. Someone criticized Whitner so I jumped in for all the apologists.

Dr. Lecter
06-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Op always has pre-emptive *****ing ready to go.

He is to *****ing what GWB is to war.

mysticsoto
06-19-2008, 08:43 AM
Op always has pre-emptive *****ing ready to go.

He is *****ing what GWB is to war.

Ouch!!!

Op...is this how you want to be known???

OpIv37
06-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Ouch!!!

Op...is this how you want to be known???

meh, I'm not overly concerned by my reputation on an internet message board.

And GWB wishes he was on my level- he better nuke North Korea and Iran if he wants to catch up!

(disclaimer: it's just a joke- I don't really think we should attack Iran or North Korea).

PECKERWOOD
06-19-2008, 08:50 AM
meh, I'm not overly concerned by my reputation on an internet message board.

And GWB wishes he was on my level- he better nuke North Korea and Iran if he wants to catch up!

(disclaimer: it's just a joke- I don't really think we should attack Iran or North Korea).

Kinda sad that you had to put a disclaimer on the bottom! :lmao:

Spiderweb
06-19-2008, 12:26 PM
Wilson cant tackle, Ko can so that should end the discussion. I like Wilson and all but both his INT were gift wrapped to him. The INT against the Cowgirls was thrown over Whittens head and right to Wilson, the 2nd INT was off a hailmary pass in the Jets game, and the Dolphins fumble return was pure luck and a little Beck(lol)!

Wilson's tackling surely was suspect last year, but he did show enough to warrant further work at the position. With that said, a healthy Simpson would still be my choice as well based on size, tackling ability, etc. I can only hope the ankle has completely healed without Simpson losing any speed. He didn't have much if any to spare before.