PDA

View Full Version : Help, will they make the difference

lmcshadow
06-18-2008, 11:34 PM
We have been in a bicker about our CBs and Safties... and that is somthing to look forward to when the practices start. But on another note... Do you feel that our pass rush will finally gel together and dominate the front line???

jamze132
06-19-2008, 03:55 AM
We have been in a bicker about our CBs and Safties... and that is somthing to look forward to when the practices start. But on another note... Do you feel that our pass rush will finally gel together and dominate the front line???
If Denney is fully recovered, he and Kelsay can rotate out, just like two years ago when our DEs had one of the highest sack totals in the NFL. Kelsay or Denney alone suck, but together they form a servicable duo. If Stroud is healthy and plays like he can, we will have a much better pass rush regardless.

Jan Reimers
06-19-2008, 04:31 AM
If Denney is fully recovered, he and Kelsay can rotate out, just like two years ago when our DEs had one of the highest sack totals in the NFL. Kelsay or Denney alone suck, but together they form a servicable duo. If Stroud is healthy and plays like he can, we will have a much better pass rush regardless.
Denney being healthy, plus better play from our DTs which should help free up the DEs in general, and Schobel in particular, will help. I also see Ellis being a good situational pass rusher.

OpIv37
06-19-2008, 08:08 AM
I'm not thrilled with any of our DE's and I think Schobel is ridiculously overrated. That being said, they should be better if the DT's can get some push and clog up the middle.

I really want to see Schobel stop lining up so far outside the tackle box. It causes him to overshoot the play and creates a running lane in the space he vacated.

yordad
06-19-2008, 08:20 AM
I really want to see Schobel stop lining up so far outside the tackle box. It causes him to overshoot the play and creates a running lane in the space he vacated.I asked him about that and his tendency to always rush wide, he denied it. I think Schobels best days are gone. Not because he is old, but because he is lazy.

I think better DTs are going to help more then anything.

OpIv37
06-19-2008, 08:24 AM
I asked him about that and his tendency to always rush wide, he denied it. I think Schobels best days are gone. Not because he is old, but because he is lazy.

I think better DTs are going to help more then anything.

it may also be that the coach is telling him to line up wide and he doesn't want to publicly go against Fewell. Either way, we'll be better off when it stops.

yordad
06-19-2008, 08:27 AM
it may also be that the coach is telling him to line up wide and he doesn't want to publicly go against Fewell. Either way, we'll be better off when it stops.Yeah, that might be scheme, but his off-season habits are what I think is lazy. He admitted he spends it on the couch.

justasportsfan
06-19-2008, 08:27 AM
hopefully Mitchell can plug that hole when Aaron goes wide. Teams would rather run that side than face Crowell.

PECKERWOOD
06-19-2008, 08:32 AM
I think teams are going to try and find a way to double Schobel and Stroud at all times. Maybe put a C and a G on Stroud and put a T and a FB or TE on him. That leaves McCargo, Kelsay, Ellis, Denney, Williams, Johnson who will most likely see very little double teams this year. I would not be surprised to see Ellis take some snaps behind Kelsay as well as Schobel to start it out and I think as the season progresses they may put him in at one spot. This is probably the most interesting position on the team (for me atleast), I'm really excited to see Ellis play and I'm hoping that he can take Kelsay's job away sooner rather then later. Let me also add that I'm on the McCargo bandwagon 100% and I think he is going to DOMINATE!

jamze132
06-19-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm not thrilled with any of our DE's and I think Schobel is ridiculously overrated. That being said, they should be better if the DT's can get some push and clog up the middle.

I really want to see Schobel stop lining up so far outside the tackle box. It causes him to overshoot the play and creates a running lane in the space he vacated.
Well if we have more LB blitzs from his side, it will work quite nice by flushing the QB out of the pocket and force him to make a quick decision. Just don't do it too much against scamblers...

acehole
06-19-2008, 09:41 AM

Some people say we should judge a player on play alone.

Not to factor anything else in.

I think that is flawed thinking.

Secondary makes the pass rush and Vs Vera.

The middle of the DL can help the outside as well.

All looks good on paper here.

We shall see.

OpIv37
06-19-2008, 09:53 AM
Well if we have more LB blitzs from his side, it will work quite nice by flushing the QB out of the pocket and force him to make a quick decision. Just don't do it too much against scamblers...

unfortunately the Bills' scheme doesn't allow for too many LB blitzes. Hopefully they'll get over that.

OpIv37
06-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Some people say we should judge a player on play alone.

Not to factor anything else in.

I think that is flawed thinking.

Secondary makes the pass rush and Vs Vera.

The middle of the DL can help the outside as well.

All looks good on paper here.

We shall see.

if a player is only good when they have good players around them, how good is that player really? Granted, it's a team game, but some players are capable of taking over a game by themselves and playing well despite the rest of the team. We don't have any of those guys.

justasportsfan
06-19-2008, 09:56 AM
if a player is only good when they have good players around them, how good is that player really? Granted, it's a team game, but some players are capable of taking over a game by themselves and playing well despite the rest of the team. We don't have any of those guys.
it's a team sport. As long as everyone does what they are suppose to do, I'll take that over a redskins type of line up anyday. Then again, we need a HC who knows how to make each unit a cohessive one. This is the year Dick needs to show us he has what it takes.

OpIv37
06-19-2008, 10:04 AM
it's a team sport. As long as everyone does what they are suppose to do, I'll take that over a redskins type of line up anyday. Then again, we need a HC who knows how to make each unit a cohessive one. This is the year Dick needs to show us he has what it takes.

the Redskins have big names, not big talent. Just because a player has name recognition and a big contract does not mean he's the kind of guy who can take over a game.

I'm talking about guys like Brady, Manning, Tomlinson, Anthony Gonzales, Bruce Smith, Spikes in his prime, Bettis a few years ago- guys who just impose their will on the other team to win games. We don't have anyone who can stand on their own play- we only have guys who go in the direction of the team, no one who can set the direction of the team.

The converse of your argument is that if one person doesn't do their job, it gives everyone else an excuse- then all you get is finger-pointing and no one takes responsibility for their own play.