PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey news - Offense catching on in Atlanta

The Answer
06-19-2008, 11:12 AM
After reading this it's probably safe to say that Atlanta has secured the #1 overall pick in the 2009 draft....

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/124/story/199755.html

Mike Mularkey feels comfortable with Falcons
By GEORGE HENRY
(Published June 18, 2008)

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. — Mike Mularkey has found some comfort with the Atlanta Falcons.

Not many assistant coaches can say as much about their recent tenures in Atlanta, but Mularkey doesn't care.

The Falcons' new coach, Mike Smith, hired Mularkey with the understanding that he will design game plans and call plays.

Over the last two years in Miami, Mularkey endured ridicule in his adaptations to offenses overseen by former Dolphins coaches Cam Cameron and Nick Saban.........

~The Answer

Jan Reimers
06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Mularkey always looks good in June. Wait 'til September.

gil
06-19-2008, 12:02 PM
haven't those fans in Atlanta suffered enough?

raphael120
06-19-2008, 12:28 PM
When you're a one hit wonder, and that one hit wasn't much, you're not going to suddenly "get it".

DraftBoy
06-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Mularkey is a better OC than he is a HC, not that its saying much. We'll have to wait and see, but Ill be here front and center.

The Spaz
06-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Matt Ryan oh boy...lol

justasportsfan
06-19-2008, 12:53 PM
Mularkey is a better OC than he is a HC, not that its saying much. We'll have to wait and see, but Ill be here front and center.
finfans will disagree

Pinkerton Security
06-19-2008, 01:01 PM
suckers. they have no idea what they;re in for

Mr. Miyagi
06-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Matt Ryan oh boy...lol
Mularkey will call a 4 WR shotgun play for Matt Ryan's first play in the regular season, like he did with JP.

Historian
06-19-2008, 02:27 PM
I didn't know they still had a team in Atlanta....

The Answer
06-19-2008, 03:31 PM
finfans will disagree

I wonder what FTP thinks about this? Or if it's Mularkey's fault that Culpepper struggled. Because after reading this article it's clear to me that Mularkey is throwing the Dolphins organization under the bus and claiming they handcuffed his 'creative' ideas and dumbed down his playbook.

I guess the double reverse play on 4 and 1 didn't fly even with a team that had an offense worse than ours.

~The Answer

feelthepain
06-19-2008, 04:10 PM

Yeah, but wasn't he the last winning HC the Bills had? If I'm also not mistaken, the Bills have yet to match or better the ranking on offense they had since he left Buffalo.

justasportsfan
06-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Yeah, but wasn't he the last winning HC the Bills had? If I'm also not mistaken, the Bills have yet to match or better the ranking on offense they had since he left Buffalo.
Dick owns the fish :snicker: 4- 0 So did Mularkey when he was our coach.

PECKERWOOD
06-19-2008, 08:39 PM
Mike Mularkey wasn't the best coach we've ever had, we've definately had worst. Atleast MM got us to 9-7 one year, DJ has yet to do that.

!Papacrunk!
06-19-2008, 10:56 PM
here's a Mularkey gem from a recent Palm Beach post blog:

“I’ll admit it myself,” Mularkey told the Fort Mills (S.C.) Times. “I struggled calling the games. When you don’t have your bread-and-butter plays, and I learned it like I invented it, but I really didn’t call it like I invented it. Let’s say I struggled more than I thought I would, because I have that much confidence in myself with play calling. But I think I could’ve done a better job now that I look back.”

bunchaMularkey (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/palmbeach/miamidolphins/entries/2008/06/18/catching_up_with_mularkey_worr.html?cxntfid=blogs_inside_the_dolphins)

trapezeus
06-20-2008, 09:41 AM
interestingly enough, in the same paper there was an article from the PM of Iran saying that he really looked forward to promoting world peace this fall, an article in the entertainment section about how Tom Cruise has really embraced being normal without manically laughing for a full year, and an article in the sports section about how Belichick is anxious to start a season without cheating.

Night Train
06-20-2008, 02:57 PM
Wait until they see the end around statue of liberty halfback option reverse fumblerooski hook & ladder screen on the first offensive playof the year..

..for a 7 yard loss...

Ingtar33
06-21-2008, 02:42 PM
Matt Ryan oh boy...lol

the guy doesn't stand a chance.

they'll have warrick dunn throwing passes in the redzone.

gr8slayer
06-21-2008, 05:15 PM
What's bad is that even as bad of an HC as he was he still owned the Dolphins.

venis2k1
06-21-2008, 06:07 PM
the annexation of puerto rico.

Turf
06-21-2008, 07:21 PM
What is the rational for not moving this thread to another forum while so many other more pertinant threads are moved? Who gives a rats ass about Mularkey and Atlanta?

jmb1099
06-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Mularkey will call a 4 WR shotgun play for Matt Ryan's first play in the regular season, like he did with JP.
and then run a reverse end a round flea flicker statue of liberty play using the one of the offensive tackles as an eligible receiver.