• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

saw a post about steve johnson on another forum

i recently saw a posting about someone saying that steve johnson could take josh reeds roster spot on the team this year. figured i would throw my opinion in and let you guys give me yours. first i do believe that steve johnson is thought of highly by the coaching staff and i do think that he has looked in OTA's as if he was a much higher pick than 7th round, i also think he will deffinatly make the team (he is leagues ahead of mayle, and huggins the only think jenkins does better than him is ST but as far as recieving jenkins cant touch him) he also has the size on reed he is over 6'2 reed isnt even 6'0 and he is a leaper and playmaker look at his youtube videos from kentucky, johnson was a stud in the sec. not that reed wasnt but the competition in the past 2 years in the sec has been elite! in closing i do think after what marques colston did in New Orleans no one should rule out a 7th rounder taking a vetrans spot (joe horn was 2wice the reciever reed is and he got canned for colston)but i also think when you have such a young quarterback expirience at WR is everything and reed gives them that so i would look for johnson to challenge reed but finish right after him i see our WR look like this top to bottom: evans (#1)
    hardy (our redzone machine)
    parrish/reed (depends on formation and what play there running who will be in here)
    johnson (suprize rookie who he get some decent chances to showcase himself)
    jenkins (ST purposes)
    6 total recievers on the 53 man roster, and definatly better than last year. let me know what you guys think?
  • User Manuel
    The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
    • Nov 2003

Re: saw a post about steve johnson on another forum

Seems about right. They may keep an extra one as a hedge on Hardy. They may also snag a late release veteran if the right one came available.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

reed has been the bright spot among recievers this offseason during work outs...

and he is a dependable blocker and will catch 30 -50 balls. If anythign it will be another year before Reed is replaced. He is needed on this team. Johnson may have the upside but he is going to need some time.

on top of this Edwards to Reed seem to be the hot tandem thus far. I don't forsee us getting rid of a WR that is in synch with our young QB too quickly

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Reed is very undervalued by many Bills' fans. He's not a burner, and he dropped some balls early in his career, but he has become a steady receiver with very good RAC ability and great blocking skills.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Captain gameboy
          • Jul 2002

Absolutely.

I'm going Meathead here, but I'll predict that this is Reed's year.

Nothing exceptional, but everything well.

That is Josh Reed.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Steve gets to play ST this season, he'll make the team.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

By chance could you provide a link to said youtube videos?
              "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Andre Woodson's TD pass to Steve Johnson with 28 sec left in the UK/UL game 2007 With Tom Leach audio

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

the first link is a nice deep ball catch were he beat a corner and a saftey and broke a tackle to get a TD and the second is a really nice bit on him and shows his measurables off. if you type steve johnson into youtube and watch some of the team highlights of him from games you'll see he i sick!

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think there is a pretty good chance the Bills keep 6 receivers this year. If they do, Johnson is a shoe-in to make the roster. If the Bills keep just 5, he still is a pretty good chance to make the roster, but Jenkins would be the odd man out. Johnson is bigger and more physical than Jenkins. If Johnson can play special teams, it's a done deal. Jenkins' only shot is if Johnson is a special teams chump.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Four wide!

Comment

• Oaf
                      Do you read what you write?
                      • Jun 2007

Six wide!

Fowler sucks.

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

I think we'll keep 6 wr's this year
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

I can see Reed fading as the offense gets better. A marginal team makes marginal players look competent. I hope we start to look better and get better talent.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

We need to keep Reed for his veteran presence in the clubhouse. And not to mention he is probably the best blocker of all the WRs on our team. I am very intrigued by Steve Johnson but I don't think Reed's position on this team is in jeopardy because of him.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

I have to say that with all the talk of Steve Johnson, he's one of the top people I want to observe in TC! I think that considering how weak our WR corps is, him stepping it up can easily gain him a high position in the WR rankings. I am looking forward to see all the "potential" that everyone seems to be mentioning with him...

Comment

Working...
                              X