Did Jauron's last stand as coach this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Did Jauron's last stand as coach this season?

No excuses. You addressed your needs defensively and offensively, you should at least get a wildcard. If not, bye bye DJ!!! Who's with me?

Last edited by blackonyx89; 06-20-2008, 10:56 AM.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Did Jauron's last stand as oach this season?

10 wins and Jauron stays playoffs or not
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

no way we fire this guy, im sorry but too much time has been put into this young team... the last thing in the world the bills need is to have to rebuild with a new coach/system. that will just put us back another 3/4 years.

Comment

• raphael120
        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
        • Oct 2005

10 wins is good, but I'll still have a bad taste in my mouth, but it'll be a hell of a lot better than 7-9. But still...don't you think with ALL the additions and everything that that will amount to more than just a 3 game improvement? Injury depleted, 2 close games we lost at the very end last year...I expect at least 11 wins. 11 wins shows our team knows what the hell it's doing. 10 wins means they know what theyre doing too...but doesn't guarantee a playoff spot. I'm tired of not creating our own destiny when it comes to getting into the playoffs. I'm not going to be relying on other teams losing when it should be the Bills job in taking care of business and winning the games they should win.

But really, yeah, I agree with you...10 wins or better or this guy is a bum. The whole rebuilding process' goal isn't to get 8-9 wins. It's to get into the playoffs.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Not sure we addressed our needs offensively, at least not all of them, but I will not be happy with another 7-9 season.

At some point - and I think this season is that point - we need to get to into the playoffs.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I just hope Turk doesn't turn out to be a turd.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Jauron will keep his job if we hit 7 wins or more.

I don't agree- I don't think we should have hired him in the first place and I think he should be fired if we don't make playoffs.

But the reality is that he'll get another chance unless this team absolutely tanks.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• raphael120
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                Jauron will keep his job if we hit 7 wins or more.

I don't agree- I don't think we should have hired him in the first place and I think he should be fired if we don't make playoffs.

But the reality is that he'll get another chance unless this team absolutely tanks.
                If we go 7-9 again and they don't do something with Jauron, I'll lose all faith in the FO, not that I have much there to begin with. I'm sorry, but I just don't see any logical excuse to NOT can Jauron.

You're telling me a coach with tons of injuries and lack of talent from last year can go 7-9, but then get all these additions, ANOTHER draft hand picked by the FO and Jauron, and you don't expect at least 2-3 wins improvement? It's not like our schedule is THAT hard.

The only reason I see Jauron getting another shot is if Trent Edwards totally blows...but even then, who's the coach who named him starter and praised him in the first place? At some point accountablity has to reign supreme.

Comment

• blackonyx89
                  HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DrGraves
                  no way we fire this guy, im sorry but too much time has been put into this young team... the last thing in the world the bills need is to have to rebuild with a new coach/system. that will just put us back another 3/4 years.
                  Two words. Marty Schottenheimer!

Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• raphael120
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by blackonyx89
                    Two words. Marty Schottenheimer!

Two better words. Bill Cowher.

Three words for both options: No ****ing way.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                      • Feb 2005

Re: Did Jauron's last stand as coach this season?

As long as we continue to improve every year he's fine by me.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

I can see the team winning ten games and missing out of the playoffs on an asinine tiebraker.

Net points scored in the 8th minute of the 3rd quarter or something like that.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

> .500 or bust for Jauron playoffs or not. I won't be extremely happy about 9-7 but as long as this young team shows improvement, I'll be partially satisfied and so will most fans.

People can blame the coaching staff all they want but it's common knowledge that young teams, no matter what sport, have trouble closing the nail-biters. For this reason, I expect to see us lose a couple of close ones this year.

No matter what the winning record, this could very well be the reason we miss the playoffs and only experience is going to overcome that.

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by madness
                            > .500 or bust for Jauron playoffs or not. I won't be extremely happy about 9-7 but as long as this young team shows improvement, I'll be partially satisfied and so will most fans.

People can blame the coaching staff all they want but it's common knowledge that young teams, no matter what sport, have trouble closing the nail-biters. For this reason, I expect to see us lose a couple of close ones this year.

No matter what the winning record, this could very well be the reason we miss the playoffs and only experience is going to overcome that.
                            I'm kind of thinking that the Bills got all of the close losses out of their system last year. This is the year where they need to learn how to close teams out. That alone could be worth a few victories during the year.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• evol4276
                              • Oct 2005

it's easy, clear and simple. no.

Comment

Working...
                              X