X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Ashton Youboty: Cleveland Browns Look to Trade for Buffalo Bills CB

It is of no surprise the Cleveland Browns are looking to add another CB to their roster, most likely via trade. Phil Savage has said it, and so has the entire Browns' organization. With the recent injuries and departures at cornerback, Cleveland is lacking serious depth, and well...starters too.

Near the top of the list of corners for the Browns to acquire is Bills CB Ashton Youboty. He was a star in their state of Ohio, at The Ohio State University, where he was even coached by Browns' offensive coordinator Mel Tucker. The Ohio connection with Youboty is apparent, but should the Bills part with the former Ohio star?

Fan easier, fan faster and fan better with Bleacher Report. Keep up with the latest storylines, expert analysis, highlights and scores for all your favorite sports.
  • THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Re: Ashton Youboty: Cleveland Browns Look to Trade for Buffalo Bills CB

What are they offering. He will barely make the team as it is.

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Gee, what a steal in the 3rd round, huh...

Comment

• Mitchy moo
        Roways rooking ahread!
        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
        What are they offering. He will barely make the team as it is.
        Thurm, He is very highly valued by the team. Keep that all in mind, if you know what I mean.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Given Youboty's lack of success to date, I doubt Cleveland would give us a 3rd rounder.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

The way he was ranked coming out og college and were we took him in the 3rd will only help sell his value, also the fact that his last 2 seasons with the death of his mother and high ankle sprain hampered his development, this also helps his trade value,
            Reason being he hasnt had the time to develop and he is only 22, alot of room to grow, i prefer to keep him but if we trade him mite pull a 4th
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

I would actually prefer that Buffalo keeps him.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I would take whatever they offer.

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I think he still has good upside. The big question is what would Cleveland give up for him. Another player? Buffalo doesn't have a lot of glaring holes, and I really don't want a scrub. If it's a player, that player has to help Buffalo upgrade a position. If it's a draft choice, I really don't want less than the third he cost Buffalo. If Cleveland won't do that, "Sayonara."
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                    Given Youboty's lack of success to date, I doubt Cleveland would give us a 3rd rounder.
                    Toss in Losman and Cleveland can add in Quinn.

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                      I think he still has good upside. The big question is what would Cleveland give up for him. Another player? Buffalo doesn't have a lot of glaring holes, and I really don't want a scrub. If it's a player, that player has to help Buffalo upgrade a position. If it's a draft choice, I really don't want less than the third he cost Buffalo. If Cleveland won't do that, "Sayonara."
                      He's been in the coach's doghouse for a while. I don't even see him making the final cut.

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

Youboty for KW II, straight up.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Youboty for Martin Rucker str8 up!
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

McGee, James, Greer, McKelvin and Corner.

We don't need him, he's contributed nothing in two years.

We have other players at the position, and if we have the chance to get something for him, it would be stupid not to.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

They can have him, he's a bum.

Comment

Working...
                              X