PDA

View Full Version : Resolution reached in Lynch case

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Press conference at 2 PM. This can be the FINAL Lynch thread!!!

Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark has scheduled a 2:30 p.m. press conference, and law enforcement sources expect him to announce a resolution to the Marshawn Lynch case.

Clark said this morning that he's hopeful about reaching some kind of settlement today in the hit-and-run case involving Bills running back Marshawn Lynch's vehicle.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/374676.html

The King
06-20-2008, 12:48 PM
This can be the FINAL Lynch thread!!!

:rofl:

Michael82
06-20-2008, 12:49 PM
:rofl:
yeah really....there will be a bunch more. I guarantee it. :rofl:

The King
06-20-2008, 12:51 PM
Hopefully they Start with Lynch just killed the Seahawks D-Line

OpIv37
06-20-2008, 12:56 PM
somebody who can see/ hear this news conference better be on top of this.

DraftBoy
06-20-2008, 12:57 PM

Damn straight! Im going out of town this weekend and I wont have internet access where Im going, so I need to know before I leave!

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2008, 12:58 PM

I'll try to tune it in, since my brain is already on vacation 3 hours ahead of my body.

gr8slayer
06-20-2008, 12:59 PM
Nothing will come of it.

justasportsfan
06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
I say she settles for a years gift certificate to McDonalds. Biggie size me baby!!!

Jan Reimers
06-20-2008, 01:00 PM
Thank God.

blackonyx89
06-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Press conference at 2 PM. This can be the FINAL Lynch thread!!!

Erie County District Attorney Frank J. Clark has scheduled a 2:30 p.m. press conference, and law enforcement sources expect him to announce a resolution to the Marshawn Lynch case.

Clark said this morning that he's hopeful about reaching some kind of settlement today in the hit-and-run case involving Bills running back Marshawn Lynch's vehicle.

http://www.buffalonews.com/home/story/374676.html

Johnny Cochran came back from the grave and helped Marshawn get free!
If he did not hit, then you must acquit!!!!

:bandwagon

OpIv37
06-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I say she settles for a years gift certificate to McDonalds. Biggie size me baby!!!

well someone already biggie-sized her. She got in a fight with a moving SUV and SHE won.

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2008, 01:08 PM
well someone already biggie-sized her. She got in a fight with a moving SUV and SHE won.
Because she ate the SUV.

blackonyx89
06-20-2008, 01:18 PM
Because she ate the SUV.

FUNNY!:lmao:

yordad
06-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Scooby!! Where is the rep thread? You waiting til 2:35?

OpIv37
06-20-2008, 01:26 PM
alright it's 2:30- no real info yet?

DraftBoy
06-20-2008, 01:27 PM
What the hell is the hold up people?

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2008, 01:28 PM
It took them 3 weeks to come to this. I imagine a few minutes late isn't a surprise.

Mitchy moo
06-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Ml gets 1 year ACD.

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Made difficult due to Lynch and lawyer being out of town, not totally over. Expects it over by tonight.

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2008, 01:34 PM
Facility supervisor just called. Dammit!

DraftBoy
06-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Facility supervisor just called. Dammit!

Tell his ass to wait!

OpIv37
06-20-2008, 01:35 PM
according to the front page of the Buffalo News, they bumped it back to 2:30 which means it should be going on right now.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Hello?

patmoran2006
06-20-2008, 01:38 PM
Im listening right now.. Live on WGR

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2008, 01:39 PM
WTF? This is budget **** we could have gone over sometime earlier.

patmoran2006
06-20-2008, 01:41 PM
Lynch is out of town, and Clark (DA) is talking to press right now, LOL.. Gotta love Marshawn.

patmoran2006
06-20-2008, 01:41 PM
He's entering a plea in person, whenever that is.. He will resolve it, and then Lynch will make a statement.

Basically, this press conference licked balls.

shelby
06-20-2008, 01:42 PM
:banghead:

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2008, 01:42 PM
I am still on the phone, but from the what I could hear it is not 100% and the details are not ready to be announced until the formal court appearance.

Jan Reimers
06-20-2008, 01:44 PM
WTF? This is budget **** we could have gone over sometime earlier.
Don't you have any pull there?

And how can you work for someone who is not enough of a bills' fan to put off a BS meeting until after the press conference?

Dr. Lecter
Tell his ass to wait!

Her.

And she is squawking about accurals and how we were billed last year for an audit.

I have never been trained on accounting ****. How the hell can I figure that stuff out? And, being a multi-million $ company, why is one $10, 00 charge that showed up in 2008 instead of 2007 such a big deal?

Dr. Lecter
Don't you have any pull there?

And how can you work for someone who is not enough of a bills' fan to put off a BS meeting until after the press conference?

Especially on a BS issue!!

Lynch's issue is much more important!

gr8slayer
06-20-2008, 01:46 PM
Tell her that I said to **** off! Buffalo Bills > Life

You can always get another job.

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2008, 01:47 PM
He's entering a plea in person, whenever that is.. He will resolve it, and then Lynch will make a statement.

Basically, this press conference licked balls.
It's Frank Clark spotlight time. That's all.

Patti120
06-20-2008, 01:49 PM
:hi5:

Jan Reimers
06-20-2008, 01:50 PM
I kind of figured with both Marshawn and his attorney being out of town, it would be a strange time to announce a deal.

blackonyx89
06-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Lynch is out of town, and Clark (DA) is talking to press right now, LOL.. Gotta love Marshawn.

He can not only dodge defensive blockers, but the media as well. LOL! Marshawn Beast Mode Activate and Roll Out of Town !!! LOL!

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2008, 01:53 PM
I kind of figured with both Marshawn and his attorney being out of town, it would be a strange time to announce a deal.

I got the idea that there is a deal and the announcement is that there is a deal. What that deal is a bigger mystery than as to why the Bills drafted McGahee.

DraftBoy
06-20-2008, 01:55 PM
Her.

Oh well in that case then the response is;

"Hey, I want a steak cooked medium well, 5 ice cold Labatts in the fridge, one opened upon my arrival"

And what the hell was the point of this PC?

Jan Reimers
06-20-2008, 01:57 PM
I got the idea that there is a deal and the announcement is that there is a deal. What that deal is a bigger mystery than as to why the Bills drafted McGahee.
There's really no mystery on the McGahee pick. Donahoe's ego.

Night Train
06-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Depressing news for The Whine Mafia of the Billszone.

Goodbye Court TV. Back to football.

OpIv37
06-20-2008, 01:59 PM
so basically the only point of this whole thing was to say Marshawn will enter a plea in person, so there won't be any grand jury testimony?

A PC to announce that information seems a little excessive.

Dr. Lecter
06-20-2008, 02:01 PM
Agreement in principle is def reached. There was only one passenger in the vehicle.

Jan Reimers
06-20-2008, 02:19 PM
Agreement in principle is def reached. There was only one passenger in the vehicle.
Ralph?

Confused
06-20-2008, 02:34 PM
Ralph and the beast out clubbing. entirely plausable. I hear Ralph can put away jagerbombs like a 60 year old.

Mudflap1
06-20-2008, 02:44 PM
Read between the lines. Three way deal, Lynch plea-bargained. Lynch goes in and pleas guilty, he gets a slap on the wrist (fine, maybe probation), the lady gets an undisclosed settlement ($$) in return for her not pressing charges, and Lynch has to issue a public apology that he did something he shouldn't have done, even if he had bad eyesight or whatever excuse they'll make up. Then everything is over.

Jon

OpIv37
06-20-2008, 02:47 PM
I still want to know why the DA subpoenaed 6 people- 3 players, 2 FO people and Ralph- if there was only one person in the car.

Night Train
06-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Another reminder how bad a D.A. Frank Clark is.

It's all about saving face with convictions, right or wrong. Then getting the camera time he craves.

Mudflap1
06-20-2008, 02:57 PM
I was right about the plea bargain:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3454245

SabreEleven
06-20-2008, 03:03 PM
I hope Marshawn's Porsche will be ok.

gr8slayer
06-20-2008, 03:04 PM
Still..... nothing will come of it.

gr8slayer
Yeah, I'm more worried about him than I am her.

OpIv37

did you see what it hit? It's lucky it even survived.

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh well in that case then the response is;

"Hey, I want a steak cooked medium well, 5 ice cold Labatts in the fridge, one opened upon my arrival"

And what the hell was the point of this PC?
Medium well :ill:

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2008, 03:13 PM
so basically the only point of this whole thing was to say Marshawn will enter a plea in person, so there won't be any grand jury testimony?

A PC to announce that information seems a little excessive.
Like I said from the beginning, and got blasted by a few posters for, Frank Clark just wants his national media fame from this incident. There's no other reason why he took a minor incident with minimal injury like this and blew it way out of proportion.

But now even a middle-aged guy in Wisconsin like me knows his name. What an achievement. :up:

OpIv37
06-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Like I said from the beginning, and got blasted by a few posters for, Frank Clark just wants his national media fame from this incident. There's no other reason why he took a minor incident with minimal injury like this and blew it way out of proportion.

But now even a middle-aged guy in Wisconsin like me knows his name. What an achievement. :up:

Also it came out today that there was only one person in the car, yet he subpoenaed 6. Maybe, just maybe, it had something to do with the fact that serving a subpoena to pro athletes and NFL owners gets your name in the paper...

Mr. Miyagi
06-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Also it came out today that there was only one person in the car, yet he subpoenaed 6. Maybe, just maybe, it had something to do with the fact that serving a subpoena to pro athletes and NFL owners gets your name in the paper... bingo

And now he also has a "reputation" as a tough DA. :rolleyes:

Kelly The Dog
06-20-2008, 03:20 PM
The subpoenas never meant that those players or members of the organization were with Lynch that night.

Ralph, for example, was only threatened to be subpoenaed because when Clark was at OBD he SAW Ralph talking with Lynch. The DA just assumed they were talking about the case, and he figured that if he got anyone in front of a grand jury they would be compelled to say what they know, including what Lynch may have told them in confidence.

Hardy, for example, was going to be subpoenaed because Lynch was at Hardy's apartment getting his hair done 6-7 hours before the incident, with other Bills players. Since the Bills players weren't talking, Clark thought maybe he could get a list of which guys left the apartment with Lynch earlier that night. Hardy didn't even go out with them on Chippewa.

Johnson and Gaddis could have been seen talking to Lynch, could have been at Hardy's, or eyewitnesses could have seen them together with Lynch in a bar on Chippewa, but that doesn't mean they came or left with him.

ddaryl
06-20-2008, 03:26 PM

I completely disagree.

the accident was in the paper and well known by everyone. He had a duty to ensure he turned over as many rocks as possible to get to the bottom of this case. The DA has to answer to the public, and for as many of you who wanted little action there are 10x's as many that wanted alot more action on this case. The DA has to work in thepublics best interest, and with such a high profile , very public case, he did what he had to do.

The fact that it was in the national media only added pressure to the DA and those in charge of the case to show they were doing their Due Dillegence. Which helps explain the subpeonas. They had to do some things, they could not ignore this.

If it wasn't a national media thing then it would have been easier to push it aside, but because it wasn't he has been under a microscope. The pressure has been on him

Kelly The Dog
06-20-2008, 03:31 PM
I completley disagree.

the accident was in the paper and well known by everyone. He had a duty to ensure he turned over as many rocks as possible to get to the bottom of this case.

The fact that it was in the national media and that only added pressure to the DA and those in charge of the case to show they were doing their Due Dillegence. Which helps explain the subpeonas. They had to do some things, they could not ignore this.

If it wasn't a national media thing then it would have been easier to push it aside, but because it wasn't he has been under a microscope. The pressure has been on him
He also went out of his way to say that in 90% of similar cases, there is a similar result, and this case was no different than those 90% of the cases. I think he's probably right about that, and I personally don't think that Marshawn got any better or worse treatment than any other citizen would have gotten, except that it was in the papers. And he is a public figure.

To me, however, there was no reason for Clark to call a press conference today other than to hear himself talk. He wasn't really answering questions from the press. He only had 2-3 one line announcements to present on the case that he could have easily done by just releasing a statement.

OpIv37
06-20-2008, 03:32 PM
The subpoenas never meant that those players or members of the organization were with Lynch that night.

Ralph, for example, was only threatened to be subpoenaed because when Clark was at OBD he SAW Ralph talking with Lynch. The DA just assumed they were talking about the case, and he figured that if he got anyone in front of a grand jury they would be compelled to say what they know, including what Lynch may have told them in confidence.

Hardy, for example, was going to be subpoenaed because Lynch was at Hardy's apartment getting his hair done 6-7 hours before the incident, with other Bills players. Since the Bills players weren't talking, Clark thought maybe he could get a list of which guys left the apartment with Lynch earlier that night. Hardy didn't even go out with them on Chippewa.

Johnson and Gaddis could have been seen talking to Lynch, could have been at Hardy's, or eyewitnesses could have seen them together with Lynch in a bar on Chippewa, but that doesn't mean they came or left with him.

Whatever Lynch told Ralph would not be admissible in court as it would be hearsay. It may have been admissible in front of a grand jury, but it's pointless if the evidence can't be used to convict.

Whatever happened at Hardy's apartment 6 or 7 hours earlier is irrelevant. If they were hammered at his apt they had plenty of time to sober up, and if they left sober they had plenty of time to get hammered. Same thing regarding who was in the vehicle- they easily could have dropped someone off or picked someone up after leaving. I could understand why the DA would want to talk to them because they probably knew what Lynch's plans were for that evening. But to call them in front of a grand jury when they weren't at the scene and didn't even see Lynch for at least 6 hours before the incident?

It just doesn't make a lot of sense.

Kelly The Dog
06-20-2008, 03:37 PM
Whatever Lynch told Ralph would not be admissible in court as it would be hearsay. It may have been admissible in front of a grand jury, but it's pointless if the evidence can't be used to convict.

Whatever happened at Hardy's apartment 6 or 7 hours earlier is irrelevant. If they were hammered at his apt they had plenty of time to sober up, and if they left sober they had plenty of time to get hammered. Same thing regarding who was in the vehicle- they easily could have dropped someone off or picked someone up after leaving. I could understand why the DA would want to talk to them because they probably knew what Lynch's plans were for that evening. But to call them in front of a grand jury when they weren't at the scene and didn't even see Lynch for at least 6 hours before the incident?

It just doesn't make a lot of sense.
It makes total sense. The Bills weren't talking. Clark wanted to know who was out with Lynch and who was in the car. He didn't know who was driving. He wasn't trying to get information for a court case, the people he brought before the grand jury couldn't be charged with anything. He just wanted information that he could use to force Lynch to talk. That's all. He was just using the tools he has at his disposal to make his case the same way that Marshawn was using the tools he has at his disposal (clamming up) to try to avoid the case.

I agree with you that Clark was grandstanding in certain ways, but I think the grand jury stuff was legit. And his job was made 100% tougher because no one o the Bills was talking at all. It was their right, but it's also the DA's right to try to get them to talk.

ddaryl
06-20-2008, 03:39 PM
To me, however, there was no reason for Clark to call a press conference today other than to hear himself talk. He wasn't really answering questions from the press. He only had 2-3 one line announcements to present on the case that he could have easily done by just releasing a statement.

I don't know much about todays press conference. But I believe the DA has alot of people out there that want to know what he is doing and how he is handling it.

It may be premature or over kill, but if he is not being percieved as doing his job he won't be DA for long... Kind of a thin line for him to walk on.

but lets face it, gaining exposure has furthered more peoples careers then not getting exposure, sometimes you just have to play the hand that has been dealt to ya...

yordad
06-20-2008, 03:41 PM

It just doesn't make a lot of sense.If Lynch confessed to Ralph, that is not hearsay. If Ralph tells his daughter, and his daughter testifies, then that is hearsay.

patmoran2006
06-20-2008, 03:44 PM
I don't know much about todays press conference. But I believe the DA has alot of people out there that want to know what he is doing and how he is handling it.

It may be premature or over kill, but if he is not being percieved as doing his job he won't be DA for long... Kind of a thin line for him to walk on.

but lets face it, gaining exposure has furthered more peoples careers then not getting exposure, sometimes you just have to play the hand that has been dealt to ya...
He doesnt care about that, he's already retiring.

yordad
06-20-2008, 04:41 PM
He doesnt care about that, he's already retiring.Yeah, and running for senate.

Bone
06-20-2008, 04:57 PM
National Post Lynch to plead guilty National Post, Canada - 35 minutes ago Buffalo Bills running back Marshawn Lynch is expected to declare that he was behind the wheel when his Porsche SUV was involved in a hit-and-run accident on ...

http://nationalpost.pa-sportsticker.com/default.aspx?s=nfl-news-display&nid=A22966101213995313A

SabreEleven
06-20-2008, 04:59 PM
did you see what it hit? It's lucky it even survived.

Exactly, it is keeping me up at night.

casdhf
06-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Hearsay doesn't matter for grand jury.